Vision c

I like that from all angles :happy:

But, as one of the many in the vRS "no information" que, I take great umbrance to:

"The VW Group wants to become the world’s largest manufacturer by 2018, and has set Skoda ambitious sales targets of 1.5 million models a year by then - a fifty per cent increase on 2013"

Best build Skoda another factory and employ double the staff then !

I reckon the Vision C is SHARP - no doubt, being a concept, some things will alter, but overall I like the way Skoda is planning ahead - it bodes well for when my current PCP deal expires !  :happy:

JKW

The VisionC is powered by the same engine used in the recently introduced Volkswagen Golf TGI and Audi A3 G-Tron. The 108bhp turbocharged 1.4-litre four-cylinder direct injection engine can run on either petrol or natural gas. Computer simulations hint it would provide combined average consumption equivalent to 72mpg in natural gas mode, for average CO2 emissions of just 91g/km.

108bhp in a car of that size?

:yawn::swear: :zzz:

Suggestions are the production version of the new Skoda will eventually offer a wide range of transversely mounted four cylinder petrol and diesel engines ranging in capacity from 1.4 to 2.0-litres. Alongside standard front-wheel drive, it will also offer four-wheel drive in combination with a range of more powerful engines, according to company officials.

Skoda also hints the VisionC will provide the basis for a new 280bhp turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol powered four-wheel drive performance flagship that will form the basis of a revised line of Skoda vRS models.

280bhp and 4x4 - more like it, although needs more power.

I wonder what the waiting time on one of those would be...

Lets face it, the engine they put in a concept car won't necessarily match the real world vehicle we actually get.

I'd expect some of the design features to be toned down a bit too - the headlights seem on the small side for example, but it's looking quite promising IMO.

• Like 1