Rear arch liners

Didi1

Hi 

I will be collecting my new car in 2 weeks. Elegance 3 door with summer, convenience and safety pack plus spare wheel, (from some recent posts looks like the spare wheel was the best buy).

Went back to try and add Entertainment pack after good reviews on here but i was too late and they couldn't add it.

Just been to dealer to get a price for mud flaps and rear arch liners and was quoted £82 for parts, :hi: and £175 for fitting :sweat: .

Has anyone on here fitted the rear liners? if so how easy/hard was it, how long did it take?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

It's easy to do took me about 30-45 a side including jacking up etc (arches only). Hardest part is finding the discs under the underseal. Best tip is to work out via the pictures on the link above where they are and push with a flathead screwdriver, when you find the discs they will flex.

• Like 1

Obviously it would be ideal from new, but a quick clean and then fitting would be fine.

They are coated under there already, but the liners offer much better protection and soundproofing from stones and water

I'm a bit confused that these are available as parts when they're not on any model or an accessory? Are they on the Up! as standard?

Much like, why do I have to purchase a spare wheel separately these days when buying a new car, well on some anyway. They'll be asking you to buy paint next to go on the body as an extra.....oh wait on, they do that now, silly me if you want a non standard colour :wall:

Did you have to buy a starting handle separately when they built the first motor car, anyone old enough to remember? :wonder:  

Sorry rant over, I must calm down, it is Sunday and I'm just waiting for my dinner :love:  feel the love.

Edited by MickA

Much like, why do I have to purchase a spare wheel separately these days when buying a new car, well on some anyway. They'll be asking you to buy paint next to go on the body as an extra.....oh wait on, they do that now, silly me if you want a non standard colour :wall:

Did you have to buy a starting handle separately when they built the first motor car, anyone old enough to remember? :wonder:  

Sorry rant over, I must calm down, it is Sunday and I'm just waiting for my dinner :love:  feel the love.

Many moons ago you had to buy even a heater and radio as extras. The influx of better equipped Japanese cars ended this, remember the Datsun Cherry? it even had paint :giggle:

Mike.

Starting handles did come as standard in cars not as extras even in the 60s and 70s. ( They were there as a back up) As did spare wheels and temp guages.

Now as soon as one car maker offers spare wheels as an extra,they all jump on the bandwagon,and who needs giant size fuel guages instead of fuel and temp? Its nothing more than cost cutting.

As MickA says.....what next.  Does sir want a steering wheel with his new car? That will be extra.Oh and sir wants seats...That will only be an extra £1000,but we do include a cup holder for free.You did not get that in your old Austin did you sir.

I get the whole 'is that really an optional extra' debate, I had it with my Q5 'steering wheel' yep, that's an option. But what I don't get is, the wheel liners are not an option, and not an accessory, so how is there a Skoda P/N for this? The same can be said for the tailgate film protector, this doesn't show up in the accessory brochure, and its not an option, but you can order it (because we know it is an accessory on the Up!)

Edited by marky9074

Available from VW, and are order only parts. Should you fit them? That's down to personal choice, they do cut some noise down mostly from loose stones and debris.

• Like 1

Fitted two sets now, one to Dads Citigo and the other to mine.  As Owens said they're from the VW Up! Cross.  Does make a difference to cabin noise from stones, grit, water extra hitting the underside of the rear wheel arches.

Stops the crud from being flung into the crevices on the inner rear bumper and arches.

Re previous post.

I should have said its a cost cutting exercise to leave out a spare wheel etc to make the car look like a cheaper bargain in the showroom.

However they then make money by charging you for stuff that should come as standard.

Edited by SMART EXAMINER

Re previous post.

I should have said its a cost cutting exercise to leave out a spare wheel etc to make the car look like a cheaper bargain in the showroom.

However they then make money by charging you for stuff that should come as standard.

I'd agree with you there but probably most citigo owners will never bother with this mod......but yes there are a few things that I feel the citigo should have or at least be tickable on the option list.

• 4 months later...

Fitted two sets now, one to Dads Citigo and the other to mine.  As Owens said they're from the VW Up! Cross.  Does make a difference to cabin noise from stones, grit, water extra hitting the underside of the rear wheel arches.Simon, how much do all the

Simon, how much do all the parts come to needed to do the rear arches?