Winter is officially over and...

I've not had to clear ice off the windscreen once. I can't remember one like that before.

New winters on wife's Fiat 500 haven't earnt their investment this year, but not really bothered, as they are there for her peace of mind and I'm sure over next 2-3 winters they will.

Cheers

Steve

It does give you extra grip over summer tyres even without frost....and of course, snow

They are particularly good at resisting aquaplaning as well

Took ours off 2 weeks ago

That's the third consecutive winter they have been on my car and they still so no sign of wearing low enough to change them

• Like 1

Being where you are Steve, not far from me, we just don't see consistent winter weather to justify winter tyres IMO.

Even more crazy are those living on the south coast who fit them.

Currently driving over 50k a year, and could count on one hand the times they'd be a better option than the fitted tyres.

The further north you go, possibly. Scotland iI'd say they would be invaluable as they are on the continent where parts get consistent weather/winters year on year

First frost of the year on my car this morning :). And temperatures still forecast low enough at night to give winter tyres advantage by here, anything 7 degrees and below and they work better.

My winters are coming off tomorrow. I must agree that soaking wet roads mean that the winters were worth the investment this year although the smug feeling as you coast up a snowy slope was sadly missing this year!

I am keeping my winters on for a good bit longer. Last week of March and first  week of April last year large parts of the UK had heavy dumps of snow. It completely ruined my holiday up North as everything I wanted to visit was shut, although it was easy getting around because of the winters on my car.

Even though we haven't had snow this year I don't regret fitting the winters. I have one car with winters and the other one stays on normal tyres. The grip levels on the car with winters have been much higher than the other car even though its not really been very cold.

Edited by Pesmog
  • Like 1

No

I read the BBC forecast this time last year

Lol

Some have said AccuWeather is more accurate.

But that could just mean a little more accurate than BBCs 1% :-)

My sources say the Ice Cream people are more accurate - ha ha ha

Wait ...think the ice cream people do use AccuWeather!

First year with winters on and although no snow to test in there has been plenty of rain. I have done about 8k on them and many miles on motorways at highish speeds and I am seriously impressed!

I have been through a lot of standing water and the steering and braking have always been rock solid and I have never felt it twitch once.

It may be a combination of the deeper tread and the narrower 16" wheels but as far as I'm concerned its been money well spent, after all they are winter tires, if it rains in winter then they must be the right tires for the conditions - rain is just snow in a different form  :giggle:

Wear wise I cant see any noticeable wear at present and the shoulders are still nice and square, which is good as I have quite a few roundabouts here and they tend to take out the nsf shoulder over time.

Will probably change towards end of April which will give me about a 50/50 split with std tires.

Here's hoping for lots of  :sun: this year, so we can all get out there and give out pride and joys some well earned TLC.

Even more crazy are those living on the south coast who fit them.

I live on the south coast and don't think its crazy. Winters are for temperatures less than 7°. We've seen plenty of weather worse than that. Saw 1.5° this morning going to work and 3.5° coming home. Mine are staying on for the time being. Especially with the amount of potholes ive smashed my way through recently! !

If next year's like this I may fit paddle wheels to get through the floods.

Hi guys!

Well, I wouldn't say officially over until the end of this month. If we have snow or icy (so called winter) conditions before March 31st MS marked tyres are a must and you will be heavily fined if you are found to be driving without them. Or of course if you are involved in an accident!

So the winter tyres have to stay on for a few more weeks until ... the winter officially is over here in Sweden ... ;-) ... but I do agree to this winter being warmer and nicer than most we have had lately.

Drive safe!

Typically a few days into spring and I had to de-ice the windscreen for the first time this morning. :) :)

Haha, don't say I didn't tell you ...

Skickat från min GT-I8190 via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...