Is it a bird, Is it a plane, no, Its a new octavia vRS!

Thanks, I still can't believe that the car in the photos is the same one outside my window...

• Like 1

Thanks, I still can't believe that the car in the photos is the same one outside my window...

Hi,

Looks great. Know the feeling. Only had mine 3 weeks after 27 weeks waiting and still look at it and think wow!

Enjoy!

Robbie

Nice to see one without the black pack, race blue looks better with the chrome grille and colour coded mirrors imo. Hope the mutt did not test the teflon coating!

• Like 1

So has the Petrol got an exhaust fitted on both sides?

Yes. I believe TSI is single pipe on each side. The TDI is a double pipe on one side. Someone will need to confirm though.

Christ that car looks good  B) I'd probably have the new octy vrs in a heartbeat over any other saloon

Those alloys =o

Enjoy it.

Edited by Ben90

Yes. I believe TSI is single pipe on each side. The TDI is a double pipe on one side. Someone will need to confirm though.

Yes, that's right. The TDI has two pipes on the left. The right vent is just for show. :-(

Congrats it looks good, I hope you enjoy driving it.

Interesting to see it without the black pack, it made me think should I have not specified it.  :wonder:

Any pics of it on your drive? The lighting doesn't make the blue the right colour in your pictures.

I haven't taken any new photos yet as its hammering down with rain, but hopefully tomorrow I'll give it a quick clean and take some more in daylight. One terrible thing happened though, on parking up earlier today I VERY gently (going about 1mph) parked up on the kerb outside the house, heard a horrible crunching noise and I've only gone and kerbed the drivers side front alloy  :wall:  :@ . So anyone know of a decent alloy repair place around Liverpool? (Can't tell you how gutted I am after only ONE DAY!)

Great looking car, I got mine on Saturday morning and went for Candy White. Now wishing I had of gone with my gut and chosen the Race Blue. Two questions;

1. Do you have a vRS button or just plain mode one?

2. Do you have vRS kick plates on your rear doors as well as the front ones?

I have no rear vRS kick plates and a plain Mode switch, no fancy vRS one. one other thing I thought was a bit odd for a sporty type car with sports suspension is that it sits very high off the road and there is a fair sized gP between the top of the tyes and the wheel arches, particularly the front one. Anyone else noticed this.

I don't have a vRS button just the plain mode button and also no kick plates for the rears but I'm gonna get some off ebay soon... ;)  The colour is fantastic, I was close to ordering in black but I think blue was the better choice. The car does stand tall, after driving around in an old Golf GTi you really feel like your sitting on the car rather than in it if you know what I mean, the golf was much lower...

Well congratulations! I do like the colour, I've ordered a blue one to. So Rainworth prep'd it well? I'm glad of the consideraing how far I've got to go to collect it. Happy driving!

Rainworth didn't prep the car, it was PW Pro, a professional detailer/vinyl wrapper/tinting company just down the road from Rainworth. For roughly the same amount of money as the autoglym life shine stuff from the dealer, PW Pro took 6-7 hours to detail the car using three different waxes (including the finishing wax which was swissvax crystal rock!) and they did a bloody good job...I've tried to upload more photos in daylight which I've taken today after a quick clean but the attachment part of this forum is having none of it at the mo, I'll try again later...

Yeah the ride height is quite high but that seems to be the way modern cars are going these days. Personally I quite like it and it doesn't seem to affect cornering! However, one thing I have noticed is a perceived lag between putting your foot down and then the car responding, which is annoying. I know there's another thread on here about a DTUK pedal box which doesn't increase bhp but improves throttle response so in a few weeks (once the car has bedded in/loosened up) I might be giving them a call...

p.s. I've been trying to upload more photos (in natural light as requested by JS6, but it keeps saying i've reached my maximum attachment data allowed :S )