A baby Jeep from Jeep (Juke sized)

OK so on price it will only compete with lowly Yetis or second hand ones but here we have the first little faux-by-four that has a Yeti upright rear hatch shape.  It is based on very ancient Fiat Punto running gear though and will also become the Fiat 500X.

2015-jeep-renegade.jpg

exploring_gallery_3.jpg

Jeep-Renegade-03.jpg

A bit too cute to be taken seriously?

From:  http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/geneva-motor-show/baby-jeep-revealed-ahead-official-geneva-debut

• Like 1

We looked at the Panda 4x4 before we chose a Yeti and it was tiny and felt very cheap inside.  Which is fine in the £7k basic model but at £13 or £14k it was laughable.

To be fair, we probably would have had a look at one of those if they were on the market.

I like it. It's pretty cool looking, and different enough from the bland crop of mini SUVs its up against - just like the Yeti is.

I certainly wouldn't knock one back.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

The Jeep version looks much, much better.

I saw a post online that said the Jeep is for men and the Fiat for the girls.  LOL

http://jalopnik.com/the-fiat-500x-and-the-jeep-renegade-arent-male-and-fem-1640879117

What I like about the Jeep is that it does not come with these new micro-engines - so a triple turbo 1,0 engine giving you 120 horses but only 5 "torques" as Mr Clarkson would say.  Nope it comes with a grunty, proper 2,0 diesel with 170 horses! Just like the Yeti then. (In some markets the Jeep comes with a 2,4 litre petrol and 185ps!) Tiny package but with the grunt some people want. Now go look at your awfully small 1,6 litre diesel in the X-Trail again Nissan and ask yourself: does someone with a caravan really want to tow with a micro-engine? Short answer is no. Choosing between the bigger X-Trail with its micro-engine and this micro Jeep with its big engine I know which one I'd want to tow a caravan with. And it does not have a Japanese badge on the bonnet.

• Like 1

I've always dreamed about owning the MacGyver's Jeep Wrangler since I was a kid, maybe this baby jeep would be an better option in cold Finland where summer only lasts like a month.

I like it. It's pretty cool looking, and different enough from the bland crop of mini SUVs its up against - just like the Yeti is. I certainly wouldn't knock one back.

I quite like it too

• 4 months later...

I thought it would be cheap, but on their website it's £28,000 for the 170 bhp diesel. Gulp!

Hence I said in the top engine trims it is very much priced in-line with the Yeti.