Transferring the key fob internals into a new shell

Has anybody had the key fob open? How difficult would it be to transfer the internals into a new shell?

My keys are worn out and very scruffy, so wouldn't mind paying £2.70 to freshen them up with these.  

ia88_c.jpg

Hmm. Is it glued in good n proper or just a couple dabs? It looks pretty fragile 

it's VERY fragile. Leave the nail varnish remover for a while to work. If the glass bead breaks, it's new immo time (read expensive)

it's VERY fragile. Leave the nail varnish remover for a while to work. If the glass bead breaks, it's new immo time (read expensive)

I'm gonna have a crack at it. I'm not ham fisted, so hopefully it should go ok. 

Famous last words

• Like 1

I did one for a bloke in work. He was convinced it wouldn't work, low and behold it worked fine.

****ing **** never paid me for the new shells I ordered for him either!

they're not that expensive. Transponder costs about £5 & as an example of how much programming costs I charge £30 locally within 10 mile radius of my home. I travel all over the country doing keys & usually wait till I have a few jobs in the same area so each person can pay an equal share of my travelling costs so it still doesn't work out expensive

• Like 2

they're not that expensive. Transponder costs about £5 & as an example of how much programming costs I charge £30 locally within 10 mile radius of my home. I travel all over the country doing keys & usually wait till I have a few jobs in the same area so each person can pay an equal share of my travelling costs so it still doesn't work out expensive

How would you as a professional go about removing the transponder that's glued in? 

Hi, I was going by dealer prices alone rather than the GB prices :)

Well the usual main problem if you break the transponder in your only key is that if you decide to get the dealers to do it you have to get it transported there.

much easier & cheaper to get somebody out because the dealers won't just supply a transponder. They'll try to sell you a full key

Thats what I'm using. Also tried a knife but I was gonna end up with a hole in my hand. It's stuck solid 

Stanly knife then. I take it the replacement fob came with a new foil badge?

Stanly knife then. I take it the replacement fob came with a new foil badge?

Foil?! This thing is solid titanium stuck down with glue made by aliens!

5AGkyn2.jpg

But nah it didn't lol, I'm gonna order some vRS style badges to replace them

• Like 1

Job done for now anyway. Turns out my key didn't even have a transponder in it...

Either someone's wrong about that or something awkward has been done to the imobiliser.... Like it's disabled or some idiot has glued a transponder into the steering column.

that seems a bit odd to me. If it's an original Skoda key that still had the original Skoda logo fitted then there must be a transponder inside it.

If there isn't a transponder inside it then as vindaloo says it must be either taped up near the transponder coil around the barrel or it's had an immo delete done.

I'm going to be up in Newcastle at some point next month so if you want me to take a look at it while i'm in the area give me a shout

Check the sticker under the boot carpet, look for the code 7AH, if it's not there, you don't have an immobilizer.

You may have the code 7AF (Anti-theft alarm system and passenger compartment control) but no immo.