Mp3 Encoding Software

I use MusicMatch, but it gets a slagging from many sites. I like the integration with cddb to get the track lists etc. (but most of them do that now). The free version is OK (I paid for the upgrade).

I'm sure others will disagree......

Use MusicMatch (free version got with my Ericsson MP3 handsfree). Not the fastest recording at about 3.2x, but I don't know whether that's because of a pants processor or not being paid software... :D

CDDB used to be good until I got broadband and a firewall...need to figure out which port it's on... :rolleyes:

Rob.

Used to use Audiograbber. Lately have had a lack of software, so used Roxio (urgh).

Once the mythical broadband monster is set loose in my flat, I'll probably "find" *cough* some nice ripping software on the 'net somewhere..... either that or just use Kazaa, as it means someone else has already ripped it for you :D

Doesn't the CDDB work off some unique characteristic of the CD, so trying to do that with MP3s wouldn't work? Or do you mean, would it be possible to stick a CD in, get the names for it and then burn it with the files named according to the track title? Think this is what MusicMatch does IIRC...

Rob.

Hmm, MusicMatch has a feature called Smart Tagging (from memory) which adds other information to the standard track listing that comes from cddb, but I'm not sure if it can be retrospectively applied to mp3s that already exist. That would imply that the mp3 holds some unique ID or combination of IDs that would allow MusicMatch to get back to cddb to name it.

I'll try it when I get home.

I've used A shareware app called eac (exact audio copy), which seems pretty good. I've also had Musicmatch recommended, which I haven't got around to installing yet.

If you've got a Creative sound card, Playcenter has a pretty good ripper built in.

Just my 10p-worth...

Phil

Originally posted by robmawer in this post

Not the fastest recording at about 3.2x, but I don't know whether that's because of a pants processor or not being paid software... :D

Paid for version runs faster.

I used a perfectly legal :rolleyes: version of audiocatalyst that I got of WinMX for ripping CD tracks onto my computer in MP3 form, no less than 192 for good repro quality.

I use a program called "mmwave2k" for ripping MP3s back to WAV files to allow them to be put onto CD for my audio pleasure in the car. Best blank CD? Macro -

Which is a good job I don't smoke, given the amount I times I tank up a month!

I've been pretty good on the sweeties since my dentist told me one of my molars was pretty much screwed from eating extra strong mints at university (I could go thru' a whole packet in an hour!!!) That's BAD!

Originally posted by robmawer in this post

A bit like when they put sweets and that on the racks next to checkouts in supermarkets. Number of times I've had to stop myself reaching across for a Kinder Egg... :D

Rob.

You could always give the toys to the cats to try and persuade them not to bu99er about with the fridge! :D