vrs mk1 octavia g60 conversion

Right I have chosen to go down the g60/vr6 route for my smf conversion as got flywheel pretty cheap could someone clarify which release bearing I should be using for this, is it the skoda vrs standard or vr6 one.

Also has anyone a link to a vr6 luk clutch kit and part numbers for the bolts.

Its my first conversion was going to valeo it but would rather genuine parts.

Cheers dan

Firstly you are mad if you put LUK clutch in.!! 

Sachs is the best, valeo prob second... LUK def bottom of the table. My 24v converted e30 ate a brand new LUK from week one!

Thrust bearing, buy a new  one to match your box.. 

Hi,

I have done this, I used a complete clutch kit for a vr6 you have to use a release bearing that matches the new clutch. I went with Sachs, it's great I got mine for £66.99 from CP4L. Get genuine oil!!! Yes you have to drain the oil, so have the correct Allan key or sump plug tool, the drain is normally fine, the filler is the pain. You can do it on axel stands you don't need to remove the axels completely! Just remove the cups from either side, for extra room remove drivers wheel, break off lower ball joint gives you all the room in the world.

Any more info let me know. There is a thread for all the part numbers.

Hth

Paddy

Firstly you are mad if you put LUK clutch in.!! 

Sachs is the best, valeo prob second... LUK def bottom of the table. My 24v converted e30 ate a brand new LUK from week one!

Thrust bearing, buy a new  one to match your box.. 

sorry just not true buddy

LUK is a oem brand in VW world and are more than up to the job as a conversion to G60 and VR6.

the reasons your beemer ate one could be totally unrelated.

Hi,

Yes you have to drain the oil, 

Hth

Paddy

You don't need to drain oil . I did not. You can plug the diff/dive shaft housing if required with either a clean rag or a latex glove and elastic band.

hmm, the e30 was a monster then.!

but similar can be said about coil packs and plugs,, supposidly bosch are oem spec for bmw but they are ****E.!

I think you are misleading folks dude when you keep referring back to your beemer. :rofl:  There is umpteen different reason for things to fail on different cars and not fair to compare to the VW range buddy and maybe your power was high on torque. LUK is a top quality kit and has been around for ages and no issues on these cars and as stated is OEM product. 

let the e30 lie..........in BMW graveyard in the dark side and come back into the light, you have the force  :yes: 

You have work to do on those polish bit's of kit....I need them on my car.... :thumbup: 

i appolagise for missleading,, not my intention at all.. however, if id have known they were any good in vag i would have bought one for my conversion. but i just got put off

so people, if you have a beemer (2nd car) buy sasch lol,, but luk seems good for vag

and bowders, i will never forget the white rocket :-)

by the way, i have a business meeting regarding the shiney shiney bits monday morning, picked up some parts today for reproduction so i will be taking them with me on monday for the meeting :-)