Full Tank!

maybe yours is just a tight engine, its a bit of a difference.

yes mines remapped etc but it runs more economicaly than my mates with the same spec.......

maybe yours is just a tight engine, its a bit of a difference.

yes mines remapped etc but it runs more economicaly than my mates with the same spec.......

Whats the mileage on yours? Mine does 'feel' tight i must admit, i have never thought of it, compared to the old 1.9's ive been used to.

Talk to me about the remap... is it a standard EGR off, 220BHP style map?

Whats the mileage on yours? Mine does 'feel' tight i must admit, i have never thought of it, compared to the old 1.9's ive been used to.

Talk to me about the remap... is it a standard EGR off, 220BHP style map?

had it done at shark, DPF gutted and refitted, "Had DPF problems after trialing egr blanking plates", EGR removed and darkside racepipe fitted in its place, egr mapped out completly, stage one remap.

believed to be around 205bhp ish.

I'm liking that idea, just for comparison I am going to le mans 24hr in june, car will have 4 people + kit and will be doing a brim to brim 70 cruise to see what I can get.

Today when on way home I hit my "midway point" where the trip and the miles remaining read the same and today it said 285 on both. Not my best but good enough.

Today when on way home I hit my "midway point" where the trip and the miles remaining read the same and today it said 285 on both. Not my best but good enough.

I'd say that's not bad for a vRS.

Ours is currently showing 309 on the trip and 290 remaining.

All town driving apart from a run to Knaresborough and a run to Hull thrown in.

So you're getting about the same as we are with the 1.9. Ours is DSG though which obviously saps some of the economy.

Phil

It does vary a lot throughout the tank and always overestimates by a lot before getting low. It gets closer to reality the emptier you get. I'll probably fill up at about 600 miles and it'll still show about 50 left. Having done it in a work car though it does become a lot more accurate as it gets towards the end of the tank.

Today I hit my "midway point".

Like @flat-eric said "its where the trip and the miles remaining read the same". Im my case is Kms. 

So far i have 300 Kms out of half a tank and expect to get the same out of the next half.

post-114519-0-25773100-1395253198_thumb.jpeg

but im going to wait for the next time a fill my tank since my car was serviced yesterday and i expect to get more kms out of a full tank.

will post again my results when this happen.

I mainly drive a roads and country lanes with a motorway trip from Cambridge to London last weekend thrown in too. I have the petrol 1.6fsi. I filled up last Thursday with tesco momentum and at present I have done 247 miles with a shade over half a tank of fuel left so I'm expecting somewhere just under the 500 mile a tank mark.

However, I was talking to an old(er) bloke in homebase car park on Monday who believes that with his diesel silver line that he gets almost 800 mile to tank?

Diesel silverline? He doesnt have a silver audi with s-line kit and decided the s meant silver did he?

The 1.6 bluemotion golfs are supposed to get 700-800 and seeing as ive got the same engine in my van i can very much believe that

Diesel silverline? He doesnt have a silver audi with s-line kit and decided the s meant silver did he?

The 1.6 bluemotion golfs are supposed to get 700-800 and seeing as ive got the same engine in my van i can very much believe that

The silver line was a special edition version of the mkI octavia with the 90bhp TDI.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Seeing all this post about getting 500+ miles out of a tank makes me think there is something wrong with my car.

Mine is in kms and if i get 600 kms out of a full tank then thats only 375 miles.

according to all this post i should be getting at least 800kms out of it.

Seeing all this post about getting 500+ miles out of a tank makes me think there is something wrong with my car.

Mine is in kms and if i get 600 kms out of a full tank then thats only 375 miles.

according to all this post i should be getting at least 800kms out of it.

Diesel or petrol

They have a different size of tank so this is meaningless.  What is that in mpg? 

Edited by Stuarted