GFWC MK1 VRS Estate!

gfwc

The fab has developed, and got progressively worse since the track dsy, a load of horrible front end creaking and a couple knocks :( I also think the OSF wheel bearing has gone.

It really needs everything done, so best get saving my pennies.

Need to get new top mounts, console bushes, track rods, track rod ends, bottom ball joints, shorter drop links from the likes of mk1 Mondeo perhaps, also wheel bearing and new discs and pads all round. :|

Join the club George. Mine sounds terrible at the moment. I'm going for a full suspension rebuild. If it moves it's getting changed.

Good idea mate. That's what I'm aiming to do. giing go sell some stuff !

Mines starting to grumble a bit. I think a cv joint is toast, so might just replace the drive shafts

Not s bad idea. I wonder how much they are from TPS

Well, because I'm poor and the fab is falling apart ... The lovely leather seats are for sale.

:(

Open to offers :)

I feel you need a 5 point harness, a roll cage and a Sparco bucket seat....

Go onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ;)

Why? Because Track day Bro!

I'm going to get the seats, mate. Had considered 4 point harness .... But would interfere a little with day to day use.

Roll cage! That's extra weight! Are you mad :P

RACEFAB!

• Like 3

After getting a reputation for being a bit of a late braker on the track, and the car suffering from brake fade a fair amount, I've bought some EBC Yellowstuff pads.

Along with some braided brake lines

Racing brake fluid

And new discs and pads

What EBC say about them is all very convincing, so hopefully they will be as good as Im anticipating.

The looks of the car are currently out the window, and I'm solely trying to focus on getting it to drive as it should!

Hence the sale of the leather seats, in order to pay for brakes and other bits that are pooped.

• Like 2

looked good man :) whos is that other fabia?

delivering to number 9

Thanks dude, I feel however you're being s little generous, it looks quite shabby at the moment.

The other Silver fab with the awesome reg is my best friends, he asked me to find him a car, so I went and picked that one up for him :)

You found your front plate then

I didn't, someone else did! :)

Result. Happened right after I ordered new plates which is a tad annoying though.

Well the pads arrived ...8C1D7A8F-428C-455E-9C76-7508DB95AB79_zps

I'm still not sure if I should fit them, or send them back and change them for something else.

The problem is, what can I get for £135 for all 4 corners that's going to offer good performance.

Still waiting on the discs and braided lines to arrive, so ive got some time to ponder what to do.

Demon tweeks don't have much range for the Fab VRS though :(

End of the day the Fronts do most of the work. I know that on mine i have OEM rear pads & discs and Ferrodo DS2500's with Brember 312 grooved discs on the front.

And that stops like dropping the anchor.

I know the estate has a little more weight at the rear, but i dont think its as important. Id be after good tyres and good front brakes :)