Meteor Grey VRS TDi Hatch - :)

Just thought I'd post a pic of the new family wagon.

Collected it on the 1st from Alex Lawrie in liverpool. Cant really fault them they have been great! Apart from forgetting to spec Sunset Glass to the car as requested, which they are in process of arrange retro fit through a local company. Customer service has been excellent to date.

First drive was 200 miles home, what a test drive! Now cover 600 in a week! (Eek.. whats the excess miles charge again!)

The MKIII is unbelievable, so smooth to drive, quality feels a lot better than the MKII and overall a very pleasurable place to be.

TBH I could ramble on about it but a few things

• Lane Assist - really weird at first but kinda like it. Although I feel its required then your obviuosly not really paying attention to the road anyway!

• Sound generator - I know its fake but it annoys me higher revs as it kinda goes crackly through the cabin of the car.

• The Seats - Soo damm comfy!

• Canton - Didnt spec it but maybe should have!

• MPG - Seems promising as average 58 over 250 miles (Motorway @ 70-75)

The colour, although controversial to many but I love it. Its a lot nicer than I imagined it would be also.

In a week of having it, I have been stopped 3 times by strangers to say its lovely, whats it called etc and flashed by a truck driver at a junction giving thumbs up and a overly excited point at the car whilst jumping up and down in his seat! It was quite funny. Never had that in my MKI or II.

Some pics attached but just from my iphone and the light was fading.

The roof is being wrapped black this thursday evening and the dealer is arranging the tints so it'll be even more amazing soon!  :happy:

Bryan

post-31844-0-16001400-1394399489_thumb.jpg

post-31844-0-38141400-1394399525_thumb.jpg

post-31844-0-71615300-1394399597_thumb.jpg

post-31844-0-32034500-1394399633_thumb.jpg

post-31844-0-91356000-1394399683_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Similar to my views really, I have the estate in candy white, done a long run yesterday and I averaged 52mpg on cruise at 75approx with the car empty and mid 40's when the car was full with 5 adults and lots of cases etc, so overall very pleased. I quite like the Lane Assist as well, just weird getting used to the steering wheel twitching occasionally, if you take your hands of the wheel it will take you very close to the white lines, so presume it must have some sort of 'safe' distance to white lines or something? The sound generator, haven't noticed any issues with it really, it neither annoys or bothers me, so no great problem with it, as for Canton, glad `i did spec it, makes a nice difference!

As for people looking at it, obviously being a white estate it blends in more so haven't had that, however, my previous Mk2 FL hatch in white used to draw lots of attention, nice isn't it?!

Great pics of your car by the way, certainly looks nice and in some ways make me wish I had gone with Meteor but wasn't brave enough!

NIce!  Gutsy decision going for the Meteor Grey but its paid off.  Looks really well.

I've opted for the white estate, which is due to arrive at the end of March.  Excitement is beginning to build!

Congrats! This one really looks fantastic, everything on it.

I'd say it actually looks too good :) knowing that my 4x4 estate with 16inch wheels and RRP is faster that the tdi vrs...

• 2 months later...

After trying to defend the standard speaker system on numerous occasions I'll acknowledge it is fairly pants. It sounds pretty good but just does not go loud enough; has this weird (and frankly utterly ****e) frequency capping system on it; convinced its some kind of coding to the infotainment system to protect the speakers from being blown. Massively overkill and really limits what would be quite a good stock system if left unrestricted.

Its actually about time someone worked out why the stock system has this stupid frequency/volume capping and if something can be done to turn it off.