Question on Columbus map backup

Good morning,

I didn't receive a SD or DVD when collected the car. I just wonder you guys who has the Columbus, with or without the media supplied? Next question is the map backup and update, how to do it?

Thank you in advance

G

They don't ship cars with the SD card anymore, your dealer should have ordered you one separately.

Is this for Amundsen or for both Amundsen & Columbus? My Columbus has no map card in when operating, the map was pre-loaded to the head unit. I am thinking for the restore/recovery and future map update.

Thanks again

On mine  - maps were loaded onto Columbus hard drive, no SD or DVD supplied.  Haven't tried updating yet but think there is another thread relating to this.

• Like 1

Think this is only key for the Amundsen as its reliant on the SD card to drive the navigation function as the infotainment unit has no built-in storage

• Like 1

Had sd card and its box when I collected my octi fitted with a Columbus system.

I undersand that the sd card is not delivered with the car, maybe to stop it getting lost or copied.?

Regards

Colin

Had sd card and its box when I collected my octi fitted with a Columbus system.

I undersand that the sd card is not delivered with the car, maybe to stop it getting lost or copied.?

Regards

Colin

I guess you mean stolen, which was one reason given for them not being with the car anymore. To copy one you need a Skoda SD card as they are not a normal capacity card - so no real point.

• 7 years later...
18 hours ago, ronhagley said:

If an update to Columbus mapping is interrupted in any way can it restart where it left off or do you start again.

Great thread revival from a 7yr old thread! :wondering:

But yes it will just continue where it left off.

• 7 months later...
On 11/03/2014 at 09:13, andyvee said:

You can update a Columbus from any 32Gb SD Card, you don't need a Skoda one, only for the Amundsen.

Map updates for Columbus

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/service/maps-updating

http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/download/maps-update/en/columbus.pdf

these links don't work any more.