VRS CR 18" Tyres best choice?

Another one for the Uniroyals, just put 4 on my CR and binned the TDF tyres that were on it, Camskill have them at 76ea at the moment too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put a set of dunlop sportmax on mine. Handling is amazing. They were 106 each supplied and fitted by blackcircles

I changed from Pirelli to the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT and I'm really impressed. Nice handling in wet, very predictable and progressive when you get to the edge of the grip, seem quieter too. 

Would avoid Dunlop tyres. Renowned for sawtooting

• 4 weeks later...

So been reading all these tyre threads, all very interesting. 

There seems to be 3 or 4 that are recommended over and over. 

What is I can't find is any information on saw toothing on these 3 or 4 "top" tyres. 

In another thread it was said that a skoda technician advise that directional tyres are worse for saw toothing. 

So a question is, how many miles are people getting out of the Michelin PS3, Goodyear Eagle F1s Assy 2, Either of the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti or Ultrac Sessanta, not sure what the difference is or the Uniroyal RainSports 2. 

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Vredestein (not sure which one). 

Car is going in for a service this week, to be mapped the following week (should be around 260hp), then new tyres the week after. Just going to put 2 new on the front and put current fronts to the rear as they have worn badly on the inner edge as seems the standard with these cars. 

Any help would be great.

I have been using Uniroyal RainSport 2's and they have been good. My Dad has the 3's and they are good too . Will try them the next time.

Looking over this thread with regards replacing 2 front tyres on SWMBO's Seat Exeo.

The Uniroyal price on Camskill is very appealing; but i want a tyre with good rim protection.

The Goodyear F1's look good in this regard.... any others?

• 2 months later...

. . . . . .  So a question is, how many miles are people getting out of the Michelin PS3, Goodyear Eagle F1s Assy 2, Either of the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti or Ultrac Sessanta, not sure what the difference is or the Uniroyal RainSports 2. 

. . . . . . . . Any help would be great.

I had a 2008 vRS TDi PD with no mods before my current car and it came with Michelin Primacy tyres which lasted until the car had covered 22,000 miles.  I replaced them with a set of Conti Sport Contact 3s which lasted until the car had covered 40,000 miles.  Based on the reviews of the Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics, they followed the Contis and were just about at the limit of wear when I sold the car last year with 60,000 miles.  In all cases, I switched the wheels front to back and back to front when the fronts were about 70 percent worn, to maximise their life.

I bought my current car, a 2010 vRS TSi DSG with 34,000 miles and 2 tyres near the limit.  I didn't ask the dealer to replace them as I have found in the past  that they usually fit the cheapest, crapiest tyres available and I end up having to replace them anyway.  The 2 good tyres were Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics, which were nearly new, so fitted two more shortly afterwards and the car has now covered 48,000 miles.  I estimate that they will last for about 5 - 6,000 more miles, so will also have covered about 20,000 miles when they need to be replaced.

To summarise, the Michelin lasted longest, but were the noisiest, the Goodyears have been the quietest and the Contis, the quickest to wear out.  I should say that I don't 'drive it like I stole it' everywhere, but do like to give the car some exercise from time to time.

I, too, am tempted by the Vredstein Ultrac Vortis when my tyres need replacing again.  The user reviews on the Tyre Review website are generally positive, although they haven't done so well in various magazine tests.  Furthermore,  my brother in law has them fitted to his Audi TT, which has been remapped to about 240 bhp and is very pleased with them.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Vorti.htm

• Like 1