The New Pasty Wagon

PastyBoy

They say once you go black you never go back

IMAG0055_zps3f2bbc14.jpg

I'd have actually been happy to buy any other colour Ibiza but it just so happened this one was black.

Better grow to love washing cars otherwise this will become the norm on our driveway

Mrs Pasty's car 1 week after a wash!

IMAG0048_zps92c2d982.jpg

IMAG0047_zpsaba90da5.jpg

• Like 2

VERY nice Cliff!!

However "Mrs Pasty is adamant that it is larger then the Fabia but being based on the same floorpan i can't see how it can be that much bigger." the Octavia and Golf share the same floorpan and there is a fair difference there...I know THIS is a little different but you get the idea!

VERY nice Cliff!!

However "Mrs Pasty is adamant that it is larger then the Fabia but being based on the same floorpan i can't see how it can be that much bigger." the Octavia and Golf share the same floorpan and there is a fair difference there...I know THIS is a little different but you get the idea!

yeah i all honesty i wasn't 100% sure about reversing it into the garage which is already pretty tight for the Fabia

Parkers says

Fabia

3970mm Long - 1890mm Wide -1451mm High - 1315kg weight

Ibiza

4082mm Long - 1693mm Wide - 1441mm High - 1245kg weight

so not much in it.

Like i said the interior is clearly better designed and less "oppressive" than the all black mk1 Fabia VRS cabin

Also good to know that not only have i gained 10bhp from the factory but it's also a considerable chunk lighter.

The performance does feel different. The punch isn't as large as the 177bhp of my old remapped mk1 VRS but feel totally different to the peaky tiny powerbanded 130bhp of the standard black VRS.

Much wider spread of useable torque and nothing more than the tiniest hint of diesel clatter.

Looks great Cliff. The logical next step from the Fabia :)

I don't think I could live with that dashboard though, and where's the fuel and temp gauges?

That was the decision we came to Sam.

We couldn't really justify the extra purchase cost, tax, and insurance of buying a Leon FR nor do we really need anything that big

And i'm sure even if there is the patter of teeny tiny feet in the near future kids'd fit in - i mean it's got Isofix points which is a good indicator! :D

The built in radio is wierd. The red LCD is sooo bright i need to dig the manual out and find out if you can dim it a bit.

There is also nothing in the speedo/rev counter than what you can see.

The fuel is the collection of vertical bars up the left hand side of the central display.

I hadn't noticed the lack of temp gauge. You can flick through all the norm OBD stuff on the central screen and theres a temperature in there but didn't pay attention to if it was engine fluids or outside temp.

I did notice that when driving you can't see the overall mileage as it get replaced with out data in that central screen.

Probably all changeable but haven't yet done much investigation (was too busy driving it - on the motorway not in a fun way :()

and where's the fuel and temp gauges?

The fuel gauge is digital up the side and iirc, the temp gauge is blue when cold, disappears when normal temp and comes back red if overheating...

• Like 1

Good choice Cliff. B) I was always a bit anti-Seat until i had one as a hire car in France last year and even being a bit on the basic side, i actually enjoyed the ride and comfort of it, especially having cruise control for the long motorway miles i did on one of the days. :thumbup:

Apparently it did over 50mpg on both drives in and out of work today.

Admittedly they were pretty traffic free but i had to really try to get that in the Fabia.

Have played with the menu option and OBD in car and read the entire handbook but i simply cannot find anything about engine temperature gauge

Our friends over on SCN seem to concur It would appear that maybe that site does have its uses - other than providing us with people to look down on.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=231468.

Although the best answers actually come from our own Tech1e!

• Like 3

although being 17s they do make the rear brakes look ridiculously small - the unpainted calipers also make me a little sad

IMAG0049_zpsf719998b.jpg

Are you sure there are discs in there?

Nice choice of car BTW.

Black mate, embossed with 'volkswagen'

they are the flush fit type complete with hand grenade pin removal tool. 

My set have never even been on a car. For 17mm wheel nuts iirc so should 

fit on your car snugly. 

I never realised they came in different colours, I thought those

in the pic were just a bit faded for some reason or had loads of wax/polish

residue on them. 

Grey nut covers right?

IMAG0069_zps7d3b3672.jpg

uh no

IMAG0072_zps990170de.jpg

tried a bit of light persuasion to ease off whatever grey cleaning gunk it is but nothing doing.

might have to give them a proper scrubbing in due course.

i did spot some left over gold sprat from my wheels on the shelf should it refuse to shift ;)

in other news the car is properly quick. and drives very undiesel like.

the power deliver seems strong, smooth and consistent with none of the "wait for it....wait for it.....boooooost" of the PD engine.