Yeti order not plain sailing (Elegance Outdoor alloy choice)

JohnnyStorm

I came close to buying an Octy vRS a couple of years back but ended up with a SAAB 93 anyhow....

Goodbye 93 and hello Yeti. I have just placed an order for an Outdoor Elegance with the FOC option of having Matterhorn alloys. The next day the dealer calls to say we can't have Matterhorn wheels. I say I'm happy with settling for Annapurna wheels but it appears the only wheel style available is the Origami style. Anyone else had similar restrictions imposed? The dealer says Skoda are to blame and the brochures are wrong.

Unless Skoda have moved the goalposts , there should be a choice of three alloys on an Elegance outdoor - I have Matterhorns on mine,

Unless there is a shortage of the other alloy types - I know that the paint options changed from the catalogue, a friend wanted storm blue , but was told told that it was discontinued and had petrol blue instead. Have you checked the background with Skoda UK?

The L&K is Origamis only, but i do like the Matterhorn.

Just looking at the brochure & it shows a choice of Annapurna, Nevis, Matterhorn / Origami on the page with pics.

Ring SUK Customer service & question.

To add, L&K come with black and silver Origamis as the only option. There are silver Origamis as an FOC option according to the brochure on the Elegance. 

It will be interesting to see if the 'Origami only' statement is a fact backed up by SUK or another dealer generated statement like the one the other week that said you can't get L&Ks anymore... 

I've been building prospective Yeti's on the configurator , literally for months and at the weekend noticed that the Matterhorns can no longer be added. Did I read somewhere that the Monte Carlo spec had Matterhorns? Maybe they're all being kept for them.?

I pick up my Outdoor Elegance tomorrow

I had a choice of three and went for Origami's now I've seen them I'm even more pleased with them :happy:

Just remember that somewhere in the brochure there will be a couple of little words along the lines of "subject to availability"!

Or........"we reserve the right to change......."

• Like 1

I've been building prospective Yeti's on the configurator , literally for months and at the weekend noticed that the Matterhorns can no longer be added. Did I read somewhere that the Monte Carlo spec had Matterhorns? Maybe they're all being kept for them.?

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I was messing about with the configurator. However, to add to the confusion, the Indoor SE & Elegance have Matterhorns as an option but none of the Outdoors do. Strange.

Here is a question - If they put out a brochure & advertising selling items, then add they reserve the right to suddenly change this, what is the point in doing this in the 1st place ?

As a customer you expect a company to sell what they advertise at the price advertised, printing brochures , having websites that are incorrect are unfair to the customer, if as a customer you tried to do this , the company would get all snotty & use the law to force  you to take the item.

• Like 1

Here is a question - If they put out a brochure & advertising selling items, then add they reserve the right to suddenly change this, what is the point in doing this in the 1st place ?

I know it's potentially frustrating but surely the commonsense answer is that you can expect say 98% of the brochure to accurately reflect what's on offer, but with a human-produced brochure there are always going to be errors and omissions, plus some potentially late-breaking supply issues.

As a customer you expect a company to sell what they advertise at the price advertised, printing brochures , having websites that are incorrect are unfair to the customer...

In law AIUI an advertised offer (eg brochure etc) is an 'invitation to treat' (or as the Americans have it, an invitation to bargain) and absolutely not a legally binding contract. This is one of the foundations of consumer law, again AIUI.

None of this is to suggest that brochures should not of course be as accurate as possible - seriously bad PR is just one of the consequences otherwise - but I don't think that the letter of the law will support you just because there may be deviations from the brochure. The contract of sale is the binding document I would have thought.

When I ordered our FL elegance outdoors back in Nov there was a choice of Annapurnas, Matterhorn or Spitzburg alloys - the origami were not even an option!

And the L&Ks only came with Annapurna.

In fact Skoda's who L&K philosophy makes no sense to me at all - it's supposed to be the top of the range model, but has the most restrictive choices in the range. Completely nonsensical.

When I ordered our FL elegance outdoors back in Nov there was a choice of Annapurnas, Matterhorn or Spitzburg alloys - the origami were not even an option!

In fact Skoda's who L&K philosophy makes no sense to me at all - it's supposed to be the top of the range model, but has the most restrictive choices in the range. Completely nonsensical.

Having looked long & hard at the L&K spec it is literally everything already, & the options are minimal compared to other levels, the only real expensive item to add to me is the memory seat which is driver only, now i am sure in any other top of the range you would get both fronts. but it is not something I wanted. 

@prodata - Good Point - it seems that Skoda are the worst manufacturer for doing this, specially with the realase of the Rapid, new vRS, & i believe the citygo, i dont remember having any of this when i bought my MK1 Octy & MK1 Fabia vRS, but it started  when I was buying my FL octy vRS, this did not affect me as there was very little i added, like the Yeti ordered.

One thing maybe worth bearing in mind - the Elegance option version of the Origamis (plain silver) should be the easiest wheel design to live with. Shouldn't get "white worm" and are easy and cheap to get refurbished (powder coated) compared to the diamond cut faces on the others.

Having looked long & hard at the L&K spec it is literally everything already, & the options are minimal compared to other levels, the only real expensive item to add to me is the memory seat which is driver only, now i am sure in any other top of the range you would get both fronts. but it is not something I wanted. 

Yes you get everything, but...

You can't spec alcantara.

You can't spec black or sand leather.

You can't choose what wheels you get.

You can't spec a different coloured roof.

And until yesterday, you couldn't spec 170 and DSG together (it was either/or).

All things you CAN spec on the Elegance.

The black and silver Origamis have been standard on the FL L&K right the way through, as far as I know. They certainly were when I ordered TIBET III in October. Perhaps Annapurnas were standard on pre-FL L&Ks?

Origamis seem to be easy to clean . Matterhorns are okay too.

Spoke to SUK CS today, Chap tells me I can have annapurnas or matterhorns on an Elegance and if I was having a white one the matterhorns would look great. I then tell him I *have* ordered a white one and want matterhorns! He's looking into it and will get back to me tomorrow....