lowering car on coilovers

no bad bowders, no bad

back in a skoda so where i should be

aye mine was almost undrivably low, and had to have a notch

are there longer drop links available? think the ones for the merc vito vans are just right for lowered vrs. few guys on another forum use them

Thats what i use bud the vito ones. Pretty much everyone i asked on here reccommended them. I dont know if any others would work. :( looking at both pictures. Mine seems to be more 'vertical' than bowders. So it does make me wonder if i have the correct droplinks on?!

Thats what i use bud the vito ones. Pretty much everyone i asked on here reccommended them. I dont know if any others would work. :( looking at both pictures. Mine seems to be more 'vertical' than bowders. So it does make me wonder if i have the correct droplinks on?!

More details on the Vito links ;)

Price, links etc.

Maybe need some for my mk2 if there cheaper than the FK shortened ones :)

Just been out and taken some pictures, although im a little embarrassed at how yours looks Bowders and how mine looks haha! it only seems to rub on the front passengers side, on full lock either way and if im carrying some speed into a right hander!

These pics are with the car on my drive. if you need anymore let me know! and to the op im sorry for hijacking your thread mate! looking at it I think my droplinks might be too short? comparing it to your picture Bowders.

IMG_1045_zps4fcde74b.jpg

IMG_1047_zps5054e64d.jpg

still not convinced buddy your drive shaft is rubbing. From the pics i can see that mark is not a mark from rubbing as is rusty and you have no signs i can see on either the FARB or chassis that equal same marks. Those marks on drive shaft look more like were a balance weight would of been or a jubilee clip. I would loved to be proved wrong though :rofl:  

no bad bowders, no bad

back in a skoda so where i should be

aye mine was almost undrivably low, and had to have a notch

are there longer drop links available? think the ones for the merc vito vans are just right for lowered vrs. few guys on another forum use them

Longer drop links are available dude.

Be careful the merc vito drop links are way too small for VRS that has not got Pro sport coilovers and you will not be able to turn suspension fully. They should only be used with pro sport collies as Pro Sport has made the crap brackets far to low down the strut for std drop link to fit.

20140311_161901.jpg

right this is how mine sits at mo think im gonna raise rear a lil and lower front

Mine is lower than that and i still have std drop links fitted an no rubbing. yeah raise the rear buddy a little as you have the rear beam  forcing the wheels too far forward at rear.

More details on the Vito links ;)

Price, links etc.

Maybe need some for my mk2 if there cheaper than the FK shortened ones :)

Again be careful buddy these will not fit the Mk 2 and should not be used with none pro sport coilovers. 

Ill get a pic on full lock bud! Theyre touching :( i have the pro sports on mine. Going to be replacing all the bushes etc soon so hopefully will dind out why its rubbing. :(

hmm it only rub on full lock???

yeah would like to see that. Maybe you have a wheel alignment / tracking issue 

interesting .....

do you have the merc vito drop links too.?

Yeah its only on full lock, or if i carry speed into a corner. Merc vito links are on it yeah. Will get a pic for you first thing! Looking at the pics of yours and mine, your frab sits more horizontal than mine. If that makes sense?

Bowders these pics are when its on full lock to the right. Not touching like I thought but Not a lot of room at all. I cant find anything else that looks like its rubbing or catching :(  really am beginning to think the droplinks are too short. The more I look at your pic then mine, the gap between the driveshaft and frab is so different!

IMG_1070_zps89184f2e.jpg

IMG_1071_zpsce919e3a.jpg

Bowders these pics are when its on full lock to the right. Not touching like I thought but Not a lot of room at all. I cant find anything else that looks like its rubbing or catching :(  really am beginning to think the droplinks are too short. The more I look at your pic then mine, the gap between the driveshaft and frab is so different!

IMG_1070_zps89184f2e.jpg

IMG_1071_zpsce919e3a.jpg

hmm I am still not buying that your drive shaft is hitting the ARB 100% buddy . Yes it is dam close but look at the FARB it still has dirt and on it and the angle i see shows no markings on the ARB that are to the drive shaft.

The markings on the drive shaft are suspect I agree and  either were there for other reasons or they generally do rub?

The drop link is the reason why your FARB is closer to drive shaft than mine as you have the merc vito ones due to Pro sports crappy design are needed.

Can you post a pic of the whole car so i can see the actual height you are running at. As you may be very low if wishbone are not parallel to the ground. Also I have the complete LCR subframe with Hubs and cast wishbones as it is the LCR hubs that allow the wishbone to sit much more parallel.

I do not thin you have an bush related issue as that is not going to make a huge different to how the FARB and drive shaft sit. You may generally hit the limit of your suspension travel with those merc vito drop links. Perhaps you can rule that out by raising the coilovers and see if you are still getting drive shaft rubbing?  

If you don't get the rubbing then you have your answer.

Then it is a question of if you want to go lower options are

1. Get rid of pro sports and fit std drop links 

2. find a slightly longer drop link that allows better travel on lowering than the merc ones (somewhere between std and merc) std are 336mm long  

P.S . sorry for the condition of my car in those pics verses yours. mine is usually a lot cleaner that the pics....... :rofl:

cheers..

This might sound daft but, its not rubbing on the arch liner is it? I know mine does only on full lock. And I'm not that low. Like Bowders has said the drive shaft has been rubbing on something a while ago but the fact it has rust on it would suggest it isn't now.

This might sound daft but, its not rubbing on the arch liner is it? I know mine does only on full lock. And I'm not that low. Like Bowders has said the drive shaft has been rubbing on something a while ago but the fact it has rust on it would suggest it isn't now.

i was going to suggest this i ate about 4arch liners

Will sort some pictures tomorrow for you guys. Not catching arch liner as far as im aware. No markings at all. Might try raising it a bit more and see what the crack is then! Thanks for the help, i do appreciate it alot guys!

Had the same problem with my drop my vrs on APs........ I got 250mm short drop links with kit.....but where to short  :wall: ....so put o/e ones on to find them to be to long   :swear:  So after a few days pulling my hair out i ended up going to my local engineering company and asking them to make me 300mm long adjustable ones so i can get them just right..

Have a look....see if this helps.post-98702-0-00156900-1394840200_thumb.jpgpost-98702-0-59350300-1394840339_thumb.jpg

im not running super low.

post-98702-0-27159400-1394840681_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The FK ones supplied with mine seem to be fine, I know it's a mk2 and it's fairly low, will be going lower. but don't think I'll end the shorter ones after all :)

AC6DFF44-ACC7-4CB1-A010-6D1FEE13C053.jpg

Looking good there mate think the front needs to come down a bit more.

What size wheels are those? I've been looking at a set of those in 19".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC_0934.jpg

Mine on vmaxx coilovers and standard drop links and never had issues with driveshaft rubbing arb so sounds strange and don't think that will be the issue on yours,if your car was very low then driveshaft rubbing on the o/s chassis leg is possible but doubt you'll be low enough to have that issue either.

• Like 1

Hmmm, Decender that looks spot on! Id love mine sitting like that! Dsmith if I had mine that low round here my bumper wouldn't exist anymore haha! I think im going to have to look at changing the droplinks! Maybe get some adjustable ones or something! The whole subframe etc is being replaced by the LCR one in the next few months so hopefully when its all down I might be able to see if there's any marks underneath! Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it!

Looking good there mate think the front needs to come down a bit more.

What size wheels are those? I've been looking at a set of those in 19".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There 8.5x18 ET25 merc fitment ;)

Fronts do need to come down a touch more now it's settled tbh.

Got to be carefull as there's a bit of poke.

B03F4125-D3DA-43B7-B3E2-D94F185C1070.jpg

5AA060E0-60FD-4259-B460-51B98DEE36AF.jpg