Here comes summer (wheels)

DaveLees

As I don't tend to drive late at night, or early morning I think that it's time that Snowy got her winter wheels off.

I've spent the morning putting some more protective polish on her summer wheels before they get fitted on Friday morning at Silbury Skoda.

post-34290-0-93403600-1394637152_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had to go out last night-only driver in  household- 4.0c. 5.5 at 9am going to work. Another week or two for me and there is no disadvantage in running Nokians just because it is around 12-14c at lunch time.

• Like 1

Yesterday morning it was reading 10.5C with the car on the drive, in bright sunshine. Three miles later I was at work and the car temp had caught up with reality 0.5C! It was around 3C today.

Like JCP I'm leaving the Nokians on until the mornings are consistently warmer.

Wheels changed over this morning. Snowy also washed, hoovered, oil and screen wash checked whilst i had a coffee watching television-all free of charge at Silbury Skoda-now that's what I call service :-).

Both our Fabia's are back on summer rubber but the Octy retains her winter boots, as I'm still getting the occasional ice warning; again last night over the Wolds coming home from work the car was reading 3.5 deg C at 21:40.

TP

Mine are staying on just a little longer, still time for mother nature to change her mind. Also I like the ride of the Continental winters better than the summer Goodyears.

• Like 3

I have not put my summers back on yet,we had a bad snow last year at the back end of March.Can someone on the Forum give me a little bit of advice regarding Yeti wheel centre caps ( size ) am I right in believing they are 56mm outside width? as I want to replace the old badge with the new. I am also wanting to  replace the wheel locking bolts with normal, what size are those? ( am I right in M14 x1.5 )

Thanks in anticipation

Tony

I have not put my summers back on yet,we had a bad snow last year at the back end of March.Can someone on the Forum give me a little bit of advice regarding Yeti wheel centre caps ( size ) am I right in believing they are 56mm outside width? as I want to replace the old badge with the new. I am also wanting to  replace the wheel locking bolts with normal, what size are those? ( am I right in M14 x1.5 )

Thanks in anticipation

Tony

This of help;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-new-genuine-Skoda-Alloy-Wheel-centre-caps-Fabia-Octavia-Superb-Rapid-Yeti-/121280407629?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda&hash=item1c3ce0284d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-SET-OF-4-ALLOY-WHEEL-CENTRE-CAPS-6U0601151LMHB-/331000530989?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d112b482d

Bolts are M14 x 1.5 part no WHT001812

TP