Face lift L&K brown leather interior?

Dinski

As title says I have a question about the new face lift l&k interior.

I'm about to order one and noticed that you can now have a brown leather. All the pictures I've seen online are quite poor, does anyone have a picture they can upload so I can see?

And also is it right that you still have to have a black steering wheel if you pick the brown leather? Seems a bit of a strange combo to me , but I guess it could work.

Thanks in advance guys.

Dark brown leather reminds me of old Mercs of the 60s eg 220SE.

It was a sign of quality as far as I'm concerned, so I would think of it that way and be feeling quite smug....:-))

This Is what I mean, not a yeti but flows better with the brown steering wheel

post-78837-0-84589700-1394745356_thumb.jpg

L&K does have a 'no alternative' brown leather interior - or rather a black and brown. It's actually very smart although I'm not a colour expert so don't know how it would suit certain exterior colours (works with Tibetan Bronze...!).

Have a look at Johann's post #44 on Page 15 of the FL thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285198-the-skoda-yeti-fl-discussion-thread/page-15

Also Page 28/29 of the FL brochure has a picture.

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_yeti2013.pdf

I'll take some pictures at the weekend and post them.

L&K does have a 'no alternative' brown leather interior - or rather a black and brown.

It's the black and brown 'contrast' that rules it out for me I'm afraid - it just looks plain grotesque to my eye, having seen it in real life. But each to their own of course.

It looks great, had mine 2 weeks now and love it. It's a dark brown, and goes well with the black. That's just my opinion of course, but it happens to be correct  :happy:

I will upload some pics later

The only thing I don't like is the heated front windscreen, I am finding the filaments annoying though it is very useful on the cold mornings, not that we've had many of those.

I saw an L&K interior on saturday, as i was not sure about the 'Brown' leather.

None of the pictures give any real indication of what it looks like, you really need to find a dealer with an L&K & see for yourself.

Having seen it in the cold light of day, IMHO it is quality a feel and colour it is closer to Dark Chocolate rather than Milk or the horrible Sand versions you see in Range Rovers. To me it does not look put of place with the other black interior parts.

• Like 2

^^ Same can be said of the Superb L&K Brown - similar questions on whether it works but the general consensus is that it is very dark and works well in the Superb.

None of the pictures give any real indication of what it looks like, you really need to find a dealer with an L&K & see for yourself.

Having seen it in the cold light of day, IMHO it is quality a feel and colour it is closer to Dark Chocolate rather than Milk or the horrible Sand versions you see in Range Rovers. To me it does not look put of place with the other black interior parts.

Completely agree, but here are some pics anyway. Sure enough the brown looks lighter in these than it does in the flesh, as it were, probably because of the sunshine today. Hope the pics appear as I've never tried this before:

Img_6425.jpg

Img_6426.jpg

Img_6427.jpg

Each to their own - glad you like it... still looks too much like the colour of effluent for my liking.

That said I'd not a fan of leather at the best of times - and the Skoda leather is very cheap material in comparison with what you get in an Audi or even the Passat CC which is a much softer material.

^^ Same can be said of the Superb L&K Brown - similar questions on whether it works but the general consensus is that it is very dark and works well in the Superb.

I think it works better in the Yeti as the steering wheel is all black rather than the brown/black fitted to the Superb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am liking my brown leather more and more every day , it's not poo brown it's a lot darker, and the leather used is a much better quality than the standard fit. I was quite apprehensive as I ordered without having first seen it, but over the last three months I've come to love it.

Happy to provide pics if you want them mate

• Like 2

Each to their own - glad you like it... still looks too much like the colour of effluent for my liking.

That said I'd not a fan of leather at the best of times - and the Skoda leather is very cheap material in comparison with what you get in an Audi or even the Passat CC which is a much softer material.

Do you know, that is just the kind of comment you need after spending £26000+ on your cherished new car, very subtle indeed

• Like 3

Well I'm sorry. I spent £29k on a spec'd up Elegance predominantly because there was no way I was buying a car with a brown interiror.

Speaking to colleagues in the motor trade a brown lnterior can reduce the resale value of the car by as much as 10% so seeing as I plan to sell after 3 years, and mowing the L&K couldn't be spec'd with the wheels & roof colours I wanted (nor the combo of 170 & DSG - though they have now rectified that) I decided the elegance was the way to go.

But it's not all good news. My elegance came with floodwater-brown dash trim instead of the L&K's lovely piano black or the SE's perfectly adequate silver. The floodwater brown trim would probably look quite nice in the L&K as it would have something to match.

I've seen the L&K brown in a superb and it is a very rich dark colour-I have also seen the sort of nappy shades which 137699 has plainly been so traumatised by. I have no idea why anyone wishes to insult others choices -it may make them feel better?

I've also seen rich browns in an Aston martin DB4GT zagato and in Various Bentleys from the original WO models up to modern ones and their second hand values have survived.

I have also seen brown in Nissans and american tanks which I would not give loose change for. I considered a specced up elegance until I realised it is financial Hara Kiri compared with My L&K which I would have loved with Gobi interior but to get the same spec elegance with my choice of interior would have involved blowing £3k so I settled for black

• Like 1

Maybe 137699 is getting his own back for the comments he had to endure regarding his VRs badges.

However, I do wish people would keep their (negative) opinions to themselves on here, especially using sarky comments like "each to their own". The Moderators recently asked for comments using this particular expression to cease - looks like that request fell on deaf ears.

If you have nothing positive to say regarding someones choice then best to keep quiet.

Well I'm sorry. I spent £29k on a spec'd up Elegance predominantly because there was no way I was buying a car with a brown interiror.

Speaking to colleagues in the motor trade a brown lnterior can reduce the resale value of the car by as much as 10% so seeing as I plan to sell after 3 years, and mowing the L&K couldn't be spec'd with the wheels & roof colours I wanted (nor the combo of 170 & DSG - though they have now rectified that) I decided the elegance was the way to go.

I can understand you not wanting an L&K because you do not like the spec, but to then say “a brown lnterior can reduce the resale value of the car by as much as 10%” when you have just paid over 10% more than the (RRP) of an Elegance does not add up when you consider your £3K+ of options will probably not add a penny to the resale value of the car.. especially if you trade it in.

ATEOTD an L&K is always going to be worth more the any specced up Elegance, so the resale value obviously is not an issue here.

I agree with you partially... in the Superb the brown does not work IMO as the steering wheel is two tone black and brown, but with the Yeti’s wheel being all black it does... but only in certain colours: black, muscavoda and magnetic brown.

• Like 3

However, I do wish people would keep their (negative) opinions to themselves on here, especially using sarky comments like "each to their own". The Moderators recently asked for comments using this particular expression to cease - looks like that request fell on deaf ears.

Sorry, but this is just adding fuel to the flames. If I've learnt one thing about newsgroups, forums etc over the years it's that people dislike others trying to act like moderators when they're not more than almost anything else. I don't recall seeing such a message - maybe I've missed it, but I can scarcely believe it if true. In what way is "each to their own" intrinsically sarcastic? To me it's just another polite way of saying IMHO/IMO, for example.

If you have nothing positive to say regarding someones choice then best to keep quiet.

I fundamentally don't agree with this. Certainly one should avoid ad hominem attacks, which should be stamped on pretty hard IMO. But if you're suggesting that once someone has expressed an opinion about something then no-one should be allowed to express a contrary opinion then that just smacks of the worst sort of PC behaviour.

Personally, I really don't like the mandatory brown colour of the L&K seats (actually it's more the contrast of brown with other black parts of the interior that I couldn't live with) and I find this pretty frustrating because to a large extent it's stopping me ordering one. This isn't a criticism of anyone else - peoples' tastes obviously do differ. Presumably the designer felt that it was a good choice, for example, and that must have been backed up by Skoda management. We're surely all grown-ups and we make a choice based on what we as individuals like. I'm sure that everyone who's ordered an L&K to date has looked at this seat colour issue and decided that they positively like it or at least are happy to live with it. That's fine. But it's absolutely not to my liking and I really don't see why I shouldn't express my opinion and frustration over being limited to this choice.

</rant>

Edited by prodata

Sorry, but this is just adding fuel to the flames. If I've learnt one thing about newsgroups, forums etc over the years it's that people dislike others trying to act like moderators when they're not more than almost anything else. I don't recall seeing such a message - maybe I've missed it, but I can scarcely believe it if true. In what way is "each to their own" intrinsically sarcastic? To me it's just another polite way of saying IMHO/IMO, for example.

You need to keep up Prodata -

Here is the Moderator's (NickP) post I was referring to in response to 900000s:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 21:02

900000, on 05 Mar 2014 - 10:55, said:snapback.png

each to their own

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307382-first-impressions-of-fl-170-elegance-dsg/page-2 (post #38)

"I've noticed that expression's getting used a lot on here lately. It's kind of in the same class as "I'm not being funny but..."

I think you should just state your opinion and that's that - As long as you're not being needlessly unpleasant to someone, you really don't need to include this phrase or one of the similarly irksome, obvious and patronising variants.

But hey, that's just my opinion and you're entitled to yours, everyone's taste differs, the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same thing, each to their own and that.  ;)."