I definitely bought an unusual car.

Yesterday I drove down to maidenhead, and on the way I either passed or was passed by quite a few other mk3s and other recent Skodas. I could see nearly every driver having a good look - who'd have thought a brown estate would get so much attention. Never had that with either of my previous Octavias. Must be a rarity thing.

• Like 2

You don't see many Octy Estates about at the moment.

There was a Denim Blue one on the M11 yesterday and I did notice it out of all the other cars.

I also find you tend to notice cars you have, or have had, more.

• Like 3

Yesterday I drove down to maidenhead, and on the way I either passed or was passed by quite a few other mk3s and other recent Skodas. I could see nearly every driver having a good look - who'd have thought a brown estate would get so much attention. Never had that with either of my previous Octavias. Must be a rarity thing.

I think I was one of them....!  I saw a brown Octavia on the M25 around J8....  I did have a good nosey - the brown looks a lot better in the flesh.  Nice motor (if it was indeed you!).

Funny, I drove past a mk2 vRS the other day and the occupants openly pointed at my car and seemed to start having a conversation! Only seen 2 other vRS's up here.

I think I was one of them....!  I saw a brown Octavia on the M25 around J8....  I did have a good nosey - the brown looks a lot better in the flesh.  Nice motor (if it was indeed you!).

Nope, not me. I'd come down the m40 from the midlands.

Ive seen two Elegance estates at work and one down the road from my house; certainly not a rare sight in Oxfordshire....its a very good car so can understand it.

I was in Barnsley about a week ago and there were 3 baseball cap wearing lads in an 07 Race Blue Octy vRS and they were definitely having a good neck at my little beauty!

Edited by Matt Pez

• 2 months later...

I may need to amend the thread title. I've now seen two other Topaz Brown Mk3 Estates driving round Bromsgrove in the last few weeks - one a 63 and another a 14.
Mine's the only one with a sunroof and beige interior though.

Ive seen two Elegance estates at work and one down the road from my house; certainly not a rare sight in Oxfordshire....its a very good car so can understand it.

In the three months since I ordered mine in the North West, mine is the only mk3 HB I've seen on the road. I've seen two estates and no VRSs. Very much a rarity in this neck of the woods.

Picked up my rallye Green vrs estate Wednesday. Drove into my town down a fairly busy straight road yesterday and noticed (mainly) young or groups of men stop and turn as I passed. just like the TV promotional advert they showed on launch of the model. Once more are on the road it will blend in a bit.

• Like 1

In the three months since I ordered mine in the North West, mine is the only mk3 HB I've seen on the road. I've seen two estates and no VRSs. Very much a rarity in this neck of the woods.

Just seen a black elegance estate with a roofrack and ladders drive past me in the office park I work at. Nothing particularly exciting about seeing an O3 TBF they are everywhere now. Seem v popular with the car rental companies at the moment expect their fleet department is doing alot of business.

I see loads, in fact there is one on my drive right now. A white hatch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I was in Leeds earlier, driving round the loop road every other car is a Skoda.... mini cab!! Most are MkII Octy's but there are quite a few MkIII's and also seen quite a few Rapid's on the taxi ranks, must be the extra hard wearing plastics appealing to the taxi drivers! :rofl:

Rapids seem very popular with taxi drivers - and not that easy to distinguish from an Octy III at speed!

Yep, agreed but if you slow down they do seem a bit smaller when you get close, only way I can tell difference is to look for the reflectors on the rear bumper, none fitted on the Rapid, and from the front, the grille goes right up to the headlight on the Rapid whereas the Octy has some colour coded bodywork between grille and headlight!

Edited by Matt Pez