for those who don't believe in haldex

tigi

Why i asked if anyone used a Yeti Offroad and what they do for Recovery points, 

because when you get stuck which you might you need a Bridle attached to reduce the risk of damage you can easily get using that single point for recovery other than a straight pull.

Just like with Freelanders and so many other SUV Soft roaders with front Crumple Zones you can put the front out of line,

bend the front legs etc.

Lots of cars like that about,

& a rear tow ball is not suitable for snatch recoveries.

Gentle towing is maybe fine, but if you are stuck, gentle towing might not do the job.

And a Jimny doesn't have a crumple zone? 

In all the Clubs I'm a member of "snatch" recoveries are banned, as they are in the Motor Sport Recovery field.

As many of us have said, numerous times, the Yeti is not the same type of off-road vehicle like a Defender, is not designed to go over the same extreme terrain, and does not have the same type of recovery points, therefore I cannot see why you keep continuously raising these fatuous comparisons.

The Yeti is a hatchback with a capability to go off-road more than a normal car due to the 4 wheel drive system and the raised ground clearance. We owners accept that and many of us make use of those capabilities. We realise it's limits. 

Why can't you accept that?

• Like 2

How about you answer our questions, Tigi, before we answer yours, especially as these have been asked of you several times in this and other threads here?

Why are you posting videos of Tiguans?

What off road experience do you have?

What training have you received, and who from and in what vehicles?

What mechanical engineering qualifications do you have?

What vehicle do you currently drive?

What country do you live in?

are you a cop?

Graham i know all that but 'tigi keeps posting more videos and then ones were recoveries where required on dry ground,

and some look damaging or potentially to the VW as thay would be to a Yeti or anything else without suitable recovery points fitted..

You were one on here that said you used your Yeti Offroad.

So the question earlier was about what preparation anyone made.

So if the answer is none, we rely on the Tie down pull out points not suitable for recoveries other than straight pulls,

and can not recover anyone else other than a straight tow out,

then now i know.

No need to go all defensive or aggressive.

We know standard SUV or small 4x4's come without proper recovery points.

& as you know a Jimny is on a seperate chassis, not a strong one really,

but one that double recovery points back and front can be attached to.

Right from the off i accepted what the Yeti was and the Haldex is performing as designed.

You just fail to read what is written and think everyone has an agenda.

'All the Clubs you are a member off',

well we know the types of clubs they are and the rules. We know MSA regs for Events, different events from playing at Pay and Plays.

Other clubs or individuals that use 4x4s in the way 'Tigi thinks shows the Haldex System works

Check to see you have suitable recovery points and vehicles that need recovered will be recovered.

No idea what you do, but it seems that obviously out in your Yeti you just leave someone

where they are if stuck in some mud.

George.

I have fitted absolutely nothing to my Yeti for going off-road. it doesn't even have the rough road package.

In 7 years of owning 2 Freelanders i fitted nothing for driving off-road.

In 7 years of owning Freelanders I only required 2 recoveries personally and recovered others a few times. In the Yeti I have never needed recovering but have used my tow bar to recover a BMW in the snow.

I have been perfectly polite and have no agenda.  

Your last paragraph is somewhat patronising!     

This thread was not posted by you,

it was another new members, the questions were directed at you as to others,

polite answer might have been enough, or sarcastic from me,

and then you would have the replies that suited, and then i could be the bad guy.

So you go on tracks and your driving skills and safe approach and capable vehicle does the job.

No need to go off on a tangent really is there?

• Like 1

I don't understand why we cannot talk about haldex without  attitude and personal trips, I don't post yeti movies because I can't find any yet.

Actually yeti should be even better offroad then tiguan since it's shorter.

I am only interested to learn as much as possible about haldex system as I soon will  be owner of this vehicle.

“yeah, technology has evolved but you cannot cheat the physics so a little bit of knowledge on subject would help you out with right decision. Just saying, it's your money after all”.

“are you a cop?”

“why third? first two couldn't make it that long ???”

Registered on the site (with this particular name, at least) just four days ago.

Yes, it was me who has reported your posts asking the mods to confirm the inevitable.

If I'm wrong then I'll go to the foot of our stairs.

Members should be aware that post made by the OP after Midnight were deleted,

i take it by the MODS,

but no indication of that shows.

His comments seemed fair, considering the context they were made in.

Seems odd for Forum mods to not mention that.

Members should be aware that post made by the OP after Midnight were deleted,

i take it by the MODS,

but no indication of that shows.

His comments seemed fair, considering the context they were made in.

Seems odd for Forum mods to not mention that.

One post hidden by myself which had already been edited by OP hence my comment/words of advice above.

• Like 1