Josh's 225 TT Quattro - Now E92 M3!

JoshH

Hahs well thanks but it's not that special, just me dicking about with my cars as usual :D

Have split the headlights and fitted clear indicator lenses and sprayed inserts gloss black.

Before

21EEAFED-9DA6-4A44-B3B7-140DB255C3E0_zps

After

CB440B82-6228-4E2C-8CA0-2D8F2E22BD49_zps

While the bumper was off I fitted my gloss black 3 bar grill and also removed the 3 lower mesh grills sprayed them up in gloss black too. No pics of the bumper til it's back on, looks better I think!

• Like 1

1 week and 3 days until castle Combe, 6 hours of work and were here....

E6BF8842-8BDB-41A0-99EC-56229A9ADBDA_zps

Also degreased and cleaned and painted my subframe yesterday.

84C7188E-C50C-480E-9899-41F7FA01D1A5_zps

Engine will be out tomorrow!

• Like 4

im confused labeling bagged up bolts :wonder: your doing it wrong!!! lmao im as messy as they come and like to forget where everything goes :giggle: :giggle:

ah right yea yea rentless is the main reason i bet :giggle: makes sense though will be 2 hour job all that off car. on the car best have some holiday booked :giggle: :giggle:

Last time we did and engine swap the bolts where everywhere was like a jig saw puzzle trying to find where they all went was only 6 months later we realised where the 2 left overs we had went!

Looking forward to seeing this at Combe :)

This is gonna be mega tight for Castle Combe lol. It SHOULD all come together in time but if I have any teething issues it'll be game over!

Unfortunately no ECP in my area has the dmf I need in stock so I'll need it delivered so that won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest! Still no sign of my bloody calliper brackets either, grrr!

Got my front coilovers on and it's mega low I think lol. It's sitting as high as it did on oem suspension and there's no engine or transmission or front end on the car :D

Here's a little test fit of the shiny manifold

63F1F7B6-A8C5-442D-B214-AA7F0D8798BA_zps

178123E1-D22C-4AE4-9BA2-0A7F31B3C24C_zps

• Like 1

Finished fitting turbo and manifold yesterday, got it all torqued up etc

That manifold is evil, majorly awkward nuts I'd HATE to do it with the engine in situ!

7C248D9E-CC4C-47CF-99F2-0D01945D0FA8_zps

Went out and grabbed a clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder yesterday, new bolts too.

EB8CE0F4-6D22-4316-AD71-234E70923E3D_zps

Then finally got the oil in, box oil in and box back on with transfer box. Everything is ready to drop in the car tomorrow!

0B994241-EB99-45F1-A972-6DB9D623865B_zps

Edited by JoshH
  • Like 3

Great work! Do you have a power figure in mind that you are expecting to achieve? Is that an OEM audi clutch or uprated?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Great work! Do you have a power figure in mind that you are expecting to achieve? Is that an OEM audi clutch or uprated?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Cheers :)

Will be looking for 315+bhp mate. Standard clutch will be fine for this :)

Made progress but not as much as I'd hoped :(

Had a few dramas getting it back in, stripped a thread on my engine mount cambelt side so have ordered a helicoil kit.

But the block is back in, gotta bolt up the downpipe which is pure evil for access :(

30F2A3CA-DF7E-486C-891E-DFCD92974F5B_zps

373956E3-883F-47FB-9EAC-A20D7728A67C_zps