no boot light, how easy to get one?

stooz

I have no boot light. I have seen some people putting battery operated ones in etc, but I wondered, is the wiring in place or is likely to be a completely blank hole?

I've stuck a battery operated one in there. I'm guessing as there is not one fitted to the top of the range model (yet) then there is no provision to retrofit one.

If you mange to wire something up bear in mind it will need to switch off when closing the tailgate, I've left my battery one on by mistake, just imagine flat battery on the car. The solitary interior light goes out after a while if left on, or if you lock the car, so may need to be wired up to that circuit. No one as I've noticed have come up with a solution yet, or maybe the Up! model has :wonder:

Edited by MickA

You could probably wire into interior light loom and then into open door micro switch on the boot hatch. Also a lot of m k1 Octavia guys were using eBay led strips for Puddle lights and extra boot lighting. Worth a check out :-)

You could probably wire into interior light loom and then into open door micro switch on the boot hatch. Also a lot of m k1 Octavia guys were using eBay led strips for Puddle lights and extra boot lighting. Worth a check out :-)

I bought 2 magnetic battery powered 3 led lights from Ikea. They come with an IR sensor so will only come on when they sense movement.

Works great.

• Like 1

I saw a feed about the puddle lights in an octavia retrofitted to the door card... i always figured they would work well in a boot.

Bowders1 did it in the boot iirc :) if not him, someone else definitly did it...

Edited by mac11irl

I have fitted a couple of Ocky boot lights and wired them into the interior light. Cost about £30.00 for all the bits, however they look like they are factory fit.

I have fitted a couple of Ocky boot lights and wired them into the interior light. Cost about £30.00 for all the bits, however they look like they are factory fit.

I think some photos and a how to tech guide are needed ;)

I got LED strip installed, powered from the light switch on the roof in the middle of the car where you switch on/off the light when doors are opened and so on and from the locker on the trunk door. It's really good I can post some photos if you like.