My First Proper Attempt

Already posted this in styling section but thought I'd share it in here seeing as it's a fabia lol

Well I've managed to get a few days of work on holiday so thought I'd have a play..

Ok my monty wasn't very dirty, but still needed a clean

20140326_101231_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_101242_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Got my little pressure washer out and gave it a rinse off, then got to play with my snow foam :-D

20140326_101634_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_101641_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Using chrisRs recommendation I used 2fingers worth with 3/4 of bottle of warm water to good effect.

After which I then pressure washed it off again and used the 2 bucket method with a wash mitt to wash it.

When finished pressure washed again and then proceeded to dry it off with microfiber drying towels.

Once it was all nice and dry, including door shuts I gave it a nice coat of autoglym resin polish. Already looking good at this stage

20140326_112032_RichtoneHDR.jpg

While giving it time to set/cure I put everything away and got my sherbet wax (thank you very much mark) and gave it a nice coating, although put it on a little thick so took some right elbow grease to get it off.

Once done I sat and looked at it for a while. After a time a was ready for the sonax bsd :-) when finished the car felt silky smooth :-)

20140326_112415_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_122206_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_122224_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_122238_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_122250_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_123138.jpg

20140326_130144_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Once it was all done I sat and admired it for ages.

Unfortunately, it started to rain :-( but, gave some nice beading :-)

20140326_170616_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20140326_170626_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Hopefully this post makes sense and looks ok, I did it all on my phone pita!

• Like 2

And 10 minutes later it was filthy again....

Gotta love/hate/love/hate/love/hate  a black car. 

Chris will always give good advice re-detailing. 

Looks nice in the pics mate. 

Nonsense a polished and protected car will stay looking much cleaner for longer, looks to me like every minute was well spent. Great photo after the Super resin polish, everybody should have a bottle of this in their garage.

Glad the wax was to your liking too.

All I might say is give the roof an extra spray of Sonax when you get chance, you can see the beading on the bonnet is much tighter than the roof. It might just need a little going over.

Those photos do not help the man crush I have on Monte Estates one bit though.

• Like 3

Nonsense a polished and protected car will stay looking much cleaner for longer, looks to me like every minute was well spent. Great photo after the Super resin polish, everybody should have a bottle of this in their garage.

Glad the wax was to your liking too.

All I might say is give the roof an extra spray of Sonax when you get chance, you can see the beading on the bonnet is much tighter than the roof. It might just need a little going over.

Those photos do not help the man crush I have on Monte Estates one bit though.

This is true. They are also a lot easier to clean if done regularly.

• Like 2

Hopefully this post makes sense and looks ok, I did it all on my phone pita!

Looks great (in as much as ANY black car can ;)) and you have done a really fantastic job on it.  Sadly, I don't understand how you have done it or what you have used. I would greatly appreciate a layman's guide?

This is what i do.

-wet the car using hosepipe or whatever to loosen dirt

-use car shampoo to clean off dirt

-rinse again

-dry

-use autoglym cleanser to remove and bit of really stubborn dirt or previous chemicals

-tcut and small scratches and buff off

- polish (usually autoglym super resin or whatever i fancy on the day) and then buff off

- wax. (I usually use HD wax but wanting to use some of the poorboys products soon) leave for 15 mins then buff off

- check around

- crack a beer and admire my work.

Im really wanting to take my wheels off for a proper clean and paint my drums black this summer

• Like 1

And 10 minutes later it was filthy again....

Gotta love/hate/love/hate/love/hate  a black car. 

Chris will always give good advice re-detailing. 

Looks nice in the pics mate. 

Already have given some personal advice...+ with good protection in place, it will stay cleaner for longer, even black ones!

This is what i do.

-use car shampoo to clean off dirt

-rinse again

-dry

-use autoglym cleanser to remove and bit of really stubborn dirt or previous chemicals

-tcut and small scratches and buff off

- polish (usually autoglym super resin or whatever i fancy on the day) and then buff off

- wax. (I usually use HD wax but wanting to use some of the poorboys products soon) leave for 15 mins then buff off

- check around

Im really wanting to take my wheels off for a proper clean and paint my drums black this summer

+1 for everything bar the wax after the Autoglym.

Drums getting done as soon as I can borrow my mate's trolley jack.

This is what i do.

-use car shampoo to clean off dirt....Sponge or MF Mitt/pad?

-rinse again

-dry

-use autoglym cleanser to remove and bit of really stubborn dirt or previous chemicals...APC is usually sufficient

-tcut and small scratches and buff off....Too harsh on modern acrylic paint

- check around

A few thoughts above

• Like 1

Just don't use, I'm always happy enough with the Autoglym Super Resin polish.

My wife twists about the time I spend when cleaning it anyway without putting another step in, reckons I don't take as much care on her Fiat 500.

Funny how women can be right sometimes :think:

• Like 2

A few thoughts above

I use microfibre cloths mate. Iv got many, one for each product and then many more extra haha.

I havent actually used tcut on the fabia, as its not got any scratches (fingers crossed) but its typically what i do on bike aswel. What would you suggest? Iv never had any problems when using tiny amounts of it on other cars. Its had good results infact

If it makes you feel better mate. I wouldnt spend as long on her 500 either! Haha.

Up the game. Try wax. Its brilliant. Then take even less on hers. Just make sure your planning to go to the pub that night already ;)

T Cut removes too much as its very abrasive on Softer acrylic paint..It was originally made for polishing hard Celluse based paint...

As far as I know the formula is the same.

I use a Paint Thickness Gauge so can see what it does

Get some Gtechnik P1 instead ...less harsh but has along diminishing time ..perfect for hand use

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/p1-nanocomposite-polish.aspx

• Like 2

Oh a black car ! Never again ! Looks good on the drive but drive it and its in a hell of a state ! After a good wash I'd poor boyz it black hole , autoglym resin and wax on top

Black hole and SRP do the same job Seb, pointless doing both. No matter which way around, one would remove the other. May aswell just the one