Tints or Blinds Octavia MK2 Hatch (FL)?

Hi all,

I'm weighing up the options for tints or blinds..........

I have an L&K which comes with a rear blind fitted to the parcel shelf on the hatchback, so I was thinking side blinds.....but can't seem to find a Skoda OEM version?

Or are there any good non-OEM ones that people can recommend?

Or do I just not bother with the blinds and go tints all round at the back? I have also been looking into this and people are recommending 20% tints, but again this is all new to me but have been told its dark enough for if you have kids in the back.

My worry there though is what if I find it too dark through the rear window..... what are peoples experiences of tint levels and if I went this way what would be recommended.

I live in the Newark Notts area and am open to Company recommendations.

Not sure if a black car, with black/silver badges all round (when I order them) and black tints will look too pimp ganster for my family ride :rock:

Cheers

Rick

Blinds are much nicer in my opinion.

I have a set of OEM blinds for Octavia Hatch including rear roller blind. Comes with a new set of fastening clips. Collection available from M1 J29 side of Sheffield. Will split the rear roller blind and the sides as you've already got the rear. PM me :)

They're fitted to my car in this pic:

9387737506_3270e27d93_o.jpg

• Like 3

Hers a picture of mine, also with OEM blinds.

image_zps7b4b34d2.png

I like the fact they can be left in to provide shade whilst still have the window down.

Edited by Mr G 76
  • Like 1

What booke said except I would say the rear blind could fit better. (Not a problem for you). Also this gets around the age old problem of whether you should declare tints to the insurance or not.

• Like 1

What booke said except I would say the rear blind could fit better. 

I have heard this before in the hatch, but on my estate the fit is perfect....I guess the smaller estate rear window helps with the fit.  

• Like 1

I'd go with tints but personally I think 20% is too dark. They look aftermarket tinted rather than OEM.

I went with 50% on my black vrs and this is the 4th car I've had done. My first had 20%.

As you're in Newark it's work having a look at http://www.shadydays.co.uk they're based in Barnoldby le Beck, just outside Grimsby, so not too far from you.

They currently have the contracts for the local BMW, Audi and merc dealerships and are very highly recommended.

Charged me £130 for all windows from B pillar back and it took about 90 mins.

You can wait while they do it or pop to the ship inn pub nearby for a quality country pub lunch & cask ale!!!!

• Like 1

I have a set of OEM blinds for Octavia Hatch including rear roller blind. Comes with a new set of fastening clips. Collection available from M1 J29 side of Sheffield. Will split the rear roller blind and the sides as you've already got the rear. PM me :)

Ping......PM sent :hi:

Out of interest is the OEM rear blind in one piece? Do you still have it and are you looking to part with it? 

Out of interest is the OEM rear blind in one piece? Do you still have it and are you looking to part with it? 

Hi there rear one is OEM in my car (factory fitted on the L&K, but available to buy) and fits to the middle of the parcel shelf and pulls up and hooks on using 2 hooks.

I want to get the side panel blinds, or tints as I like the fact I can just roll this back down and tuck it away when not required.

I think this is it................. http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-rear-window-sun-roller-blind-2004--21330

Looks the same, but picture a bit rubbish for it on this site.

Hi there rear one is OEM in my car (factory fitted on the L&K, but available to buy) and fits to the middle of the parcel shelf and pulls up and hooks on using 2 hooks.

I want to get the side panel blinds, or tints as I like the fact I can just roll this back down and tuck it away when not required.

I think this is it................. http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-rear-window-sun-roller-blind-2004--21330

Looks the same, but picture a bit rubbish for it on this site

Great thanks. It looks like an improvement on the split rear that you get from van style but I am not sure it is worth the extra money tbh

The roller blind pictured above is the one I am am selling. To people who have PM'd me about buying the rear or the sides separately, I am trying to sort out a local collection deal for the full package in the first instance. 

The roller blind pictured above is the one I am am selling. To people who have PM'd me about buying the rear or the sides separately, I am trying to sort out a local collection deal for the full package in the first instance. 

Ahhh ok Nick.....

I was after the blinds............as think this would suit better for my needs.

Think I will buy these, as already have the roller blind.

Octavia Sunblind Rear Door 2004 onwards -  KCD609004

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-sunblind-rear-door-2004--22356

Never seen these before but seem a really good idea, I tint windows on a'll my cars but have the problem when it's sunny and Windows down the little one is blinded.

Thats what the better half said............... :giggle:

I have 20%VLT  tint from the A-pillar back.  Great during the day & night but possibly a bit dark at night in bucketing rain.

If I was doing it again I'd probably get 30%VLT

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up with blinds.................. OEM ones from Skoda. Thought was, if I don't like them and want to go tints...............I can just remove and sell. Bit harder the other way round don't think I could sell some used black window tints :think:

Loving the blinds though as we can have the back windows open a bit and little un doesn't get blinded, so gotta agree with you on that one 'VrsStebuzz'

From a distance, they also do look like tinted windows, plus with the rear roller we can remove them in minutes.

Cheers everyone for all your comments, much appreciated. :thumbup: