Wind Deflectors (Yay or Nay)

Seconded, I've just got team hekos off eBay for £30 I find them very useful and they don't work lose if you fit the clips properly. I've had them on 5 cars now and never an issue. Also they don't create that much of a blind spot just causes you to take a second look (which you should do anyway)

Any pictures on a race blue? I had them on a few of my old cars, undecided on the Octy though!

I've got them on mine, it's a 2014, but you'll get the idea.

image-M.jpg

• Like 2

No idea....never had rear windows open TBH to ever notice a noise personally.

Just love the fact no water pours in on me anymore, it was so frustrating getting soaked and water over the switches and water marks on the leather door card :)

Edited by Defenderben

Great product, just clean them out so they don't get full of grit because scratches the f#@k out of your window if not, man speaking from experience

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Do the wind deflectors stop or reduce the loud noise when rear windows are open?

Nope still sounds like a chopper is inbound with rear windows down

Nope still sounds like a chopper is inbound with rear windows down

i can open my rear windows about 50mm without any buffeting noise up to about 75/80, gives the dogs some fresh air.

• 2 months later...

I got the G3 ones for the front from Micks Garage, but the clips don't have anything to bite into and just fall out. They seem designed for older style rubber profile sealed windows, not the furry ones I have.

I got these ones

http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=3305302

Just to check that my window seals are the same as what you have there (I can't see why they would be different) here's roughly what I have

https://flic.kr/p/oBfGct

Edited by wfdTamar

The link I put up is for the full set (4) of team heko deflectors for around £30 delivered the other link is for some G3 ones and is only for a pair.

I can only recomend the Hecko ones I have never tried any others.

No problems with clips on my set up. They push up inside the rubber/deflector and after opening closing windows a couple of times the get seated in fine.

Edited by Defenderben

There are two seal lips in the seal on the inside of the glass - the big one you can see, and a smaller one further up inside. The inner one is very hard to see, you can pull the seal out of the channel so you can open it up to have a look (just pops back ). I think the G3 clips go inside the smaller seal. Not a great design as that pushes the seal away from the glass so you lose the seal where the clip is leaving just one sealing edge to keep out weather and dust.

I have the G3 deflectors in with no clips to see how they go.