Debadge and rebadge

It's not just the M135i - it's the M Sport trim that they're now putting M badges on.  You can delete them as a no cost option, but the standard offering is now with them on.

It's not just the M135i - it's the M Sport trim that they're now putting M badges on. You can delete them as a no cost option, but the standard offering is now with them on.

Oh I know, just think that despite the M135i not being a full M car it deserves the badging unlike the M Sport spec cars. I also think thats all a bit unnecessary.

Skoda actually dont put engine designation badging on the regular Octavia's any more which I quite like.

My cars far from a hot rod but being very ordinary looking with low kerb weight and a pretty effective 150hp diesel motor make it a bit of a sleeper. Its certainly surprised a thing or two over the past couple of months.

As far as I know the only way to tell its a TDi 150 is by the rev counter and the fact it has a 6 gear gearbox gate

Yes, my tdi 4x4 only came with SKODA on the left and OCTAVIA on the right.  Even they have come off now and the only give away is the small "4x4" on top of the gear stick. Very stealthy!

As far as I know the only way to tell its a TDi 150 is by the rev counter and the fact it has a 6 gear gearbox gate

What about all the black **** coming outta the exhaust when you put your foot down ? Not to mention the noise

Only joking with you pipsyp, I'd still have to have that DTUK bx and see what its like with 191PS myself though.

Regards

T

Saw a TV programme many years ago about reps driving company cars. It was just about when fuel injected cars were becoming common. Most of the reps stated that they were nothing in the rep world if the car didn't have the "i" badge for all to see! Not sure if it's still the same, but that was definitely a case of badges being desirable.

I've also noted that Britain seems to be the badge capital of Europe, based on the fact that we are a very materialistic society who like to show off to the neighbours. Cars in other European countries, especially Germany, seem to come unbadged, at least so far as engine size is concerned. Of course, the motoring gurus soon spot what the model is anyway, due to the subtle differences in exhaust pipes etc.

• 1 month later...

I debadged the vRS logo from the front as I don't like badges on the front or rear,

pretty difficult to remove as it was glued and so damaged the grill but it was

possible to repair with patience and carefull sanding, modeling  and polishing the plastic grill.

My grill badge was stolen while in dealer compound or between factory and there. First thoughts on seeing it missing before PDI were, maybe the dealer fits them at inspection stage. But no.so they had to obtain a replacement

I gave the vRS a quick wash today and finally got around to debadging it. The reason for the debadge is I prefer the clean look.

It should also have had a black vinyl roof now but the couldn't do it because of the curtain airbags.

Anyway here are the pics.

harety8u.jpg

huhyvytu.jpg

yjavyda3.jpg

Also put my briskoda sticker in.

u6arepaq.jpg

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

It's gone from looking like an Octavia VRS (with badges) to an Astra/Vectra estate without the badges.

Not a good look.

It's gone from looking like an Octavia VRS (with badges) to an Astra/Vectra estate without the badges.

Not a good look.

Vauxhall-Vectra_Estate_2006_800x600_wall

Sorry, can't see it myself, I still think it looks like a Octavia.  Oh well each to their own.  I still like it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...