Changing Yeti's

Shadowphax

My wife has just changed her Yeti 170 Elegance for the new shape 170 Laurent & Klement.

Photos of the 2 side-by-side when the old one was waiting to be collected.

Sad to see the old one go as it has served us well over the 3 years we had it.

I'm not fond of the wheels on the new L&K as they changed them this model year and I much preferred the older version. Missus likes them though.

post-4949-0-05603000-1396611112_thumb.jpg

post-4949-0-99538500-1396611117_thumb.jpg

post-4949-0-03731400-1396611124_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Out of interest, why the change?

The original was my wif'e company car and they replace every 3 years, so the change was automatic.

We liked the Yeti so much, we got another. The missus wanted the glass roof on the orignal one, but supply problems 3 years ago prevented us getting it fitted.

The new L&K has satnav, sunroof and park assist as standard. It also has the great extra boot light that is also removable and functions as a rechargeable torch.

We like Skodas as I have had 2 Fabia 1's, currently having a Fabia VRS. The missus has had an Octavia VRS tdi, the first Yeti Elegance and now the new Yeti L&K. Never had anything serious with any of them and my Fabia is now over 9 years old.

• Like 1

It also has the great extra boot light that is also removable and functions as a rechargeable torch.

The what now?!  Tell me more...

Glad you managed to get the panoramic roof on the new one - best option imo and makes such a difference to the interior feel and white is the best colour imo! Enjoy.  :)

The boot light unplugs & becomes a torch. I thought all yetis had this? Our fl elegance has it.

It's been on the Superb for years, but is a recent addition to the Yeti.

The torch may only be small extra, but it brings a smile to my face. The Yeti originally had a poor one-sided boot light, and lots of people on the forums have fitted another light at the other side.

This torch now lights the other side and comes out to be a nice handy pocket torch for when camping or replacing flat tyres (as the torch has a magnet in it to stick it to the wheel arch).

Typical Skoda also fit normal rechargeable AAA batteries so that they can be replaced when needed. Nice touch as other manufacturers would probably charge for the whole torch as a spare with non-replaceable batteries.

Edited by Shadowphax

What's park assist 2?

Park Assist is an option on most models. I don't think it's fitted as standard on any models but I'm open to correction. :think:

Fred

What's park assist 2?

Park Assist is an option on most models. I don't think it's fitted as standard on any models but I'm open to correction. :think:

Fred

It's standard on the L&K.

teuchter

Yes but it is not Park Assist 2.

I didn't say it was; I was responding to Fred, who said he didn't think *Park Assist* was standard on any model.

teuchter

Back to this boot light thing. Any pictures? Can this be retrofitted? How is it powered?

Page 87 of the manual (Removable Light). It clips into a charging socket (near the 12V) socket and contains rechargeable batteries which are charged when the engine is running. Doesn't look to be an easy retrofit.

I like pictures in threads, brightens them up a bit so here are a couple of pics of the torch, installed and, er, as a torch! IMHO the SuperSkoda LED boot light is still a must have accessory. 

3kry.jpg

0w78.jpg

Re the Park Assist, it is as said standard on the FL L&K. Whether it is 'PA' or 'PA2', I have no idea - as I don't know what the difference is. That said, it does do reverse parking (ie side onto the kerb) and bay parking (end onto the kerb) and it will get itself out of the parked position.

• Like 1

That is interesting, I must have missed that in the brochure, I know I asked the question at one dealership only to be told it was still just parallel parking (so the original Park Assist).

The torch is the same as fitted to the Superb estate, it would be nice if the bulbs could have been able to be changed to LED’s but they are soldered into place... but it’s certainly better than nothing!

My wife has just changed her Yeti 170 Elegance for the new shape 170 Laurent & Klement.

Photos of the 2 side-by-side when the old one was waiting to be collected.

Sad to see the old one go as it has served us well over the 3 years we had it.

I'm not fond of the wheels on the new L&K as they changed them this model year and I much preferred the older version. Missus likes them though.

Prefer the Black look though