self parking

tmg

Obviously the biggest reason for ticking the parking aid is this gets you the front sensors. The Parking Aid can be handy for some, and it's a great conversation starter, AND it's good for resale value. I do dare to say most will hardly use it, but it does work.

OMG, just tried the park assist tonight for the first time (now its had the software upgrade fix)

I must say it was pretty scary!

The space was only just big enough between a van and a car, but sure enough it got in.

My wife and kids were panicking as the sensors were bleeping like crazy and the optical display was showing red

It is a very clever piece of kit, and a strange sensation watching the wheel spinning around as if enchanted

I made sure I picked a low kerb on a quiet side street just in case, but have to give it 10/10, was perfection

I doubt its something I will use that often, and as Too Tall said, its mainly for the sensors but Im glad mine has it and Im suitably impressed with it

• Like 1

The space was only just big enough between a van and a car, but sure enough it got in.

Your a braver man than I if you left your car after doing it's perfect parking next to a van. Some careless or spiteful cretin could say ' Look at this guy with his perfect parking and leaving me no room to get out'. I just would not take the risk personally.

This is the main reason I have never used it.

Your a braver man than I if you left your car after doing it's perfect parking next to a van. Some careless or spiteful cretin could say ' Look at this guy with his perfect parking and leaving me no room to get out'. I just would not take the risk personally.

This is the main reason I have never used it.

lol, i didn't leave it there

It was on the way home from a meal out with the family, so I went on a quiet side street to test out the new software update and make sure it worked.

I then went home and parked it on my drive ;)

It was the parallel park btw, so the van was behind me not at the side just to clarify