vRS MK2 ENGINE REPLACEMENT: ARE ALL CUSTOMERS GETTING CONSISTENT TREATMENT FROM Skoda UK andDealersips

• 3 months later...

Bringing this up again for anyone that has just had Oil Consumption tests, attempts at repairing the engine, or engine replacements.

?

Did you get an extended Warranty beyond the Original Manufacturers one, did you have a refund on the extra oil used,

or any other additional payments, or did you even have the car bought back by a dealership or Skoda UK?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

Edited by goneoffSKi

Love this ad on the SKODA WEBSITEhttp://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/UsedCars/fabia_vrs.jpg

http://www.skoda.co.uk/used-cars/advantages-of-skoda-used-cars/

Are all used Fabia vRS MK2 fully checked out(by third party) for oil consumption levels ,bad spark plugs etc. prior to selling

With a supporting written technical report and a Skoda warranty history report attached.

Edited by vrskeith

Its just the HPI.

Many not Serviced if Service is not due.

Settings like XDS, Brake Assist & Steering Assist not checked or returned to Factory setting.

Sometimes not even Service Campaigns carried out like on the DSG, Heated Seat Elements.

If they were to do a Service and a Diagnostic using VAS and apply the latest ECU Updates buyers could have more faith.

Skoda Approved Used is an odd concept where some have bought cars with issues, 

not Serviced, and Skoda UK CS do want to know because Dealerships have nothing to do with them.

Its just the HPI.

Many not Serviced if Service is not due.

Settings like XDS, Brake Assist & Steering Assist not checked or returned to Factory setting.

Sometimes not even Service Campaigns carried out like on the DSG, Heated Seat Elements.

If they were to do a Service and a Diagnostic using VAS and apply the latest ECU Updates buyers could have more faith.

Skoda Approved Used is an odd concept where some have bought cars with issues, 

not Serviced, and Skoda UK CS do want to know because Dealerships have nothing to do with them.

But is any other manufacturer any different? The less they they can get away with when it comes to car prep they will as it saves time and money. I wouldn't expect any manufacturer to check settings like the XDS and brake assist as 99% of buyers would be none the wiser.

No you might not expect a Ford Direct, Vahxhall Approved etc to have all the 80 point checks or what ever, 

Even if they were advertised.

You might even take the Skoda Approved with a pinch of salt.

Will people be any the wiser if the Steering Assist is reduced, maybe not unless they compare cars, 

would the Brake Assist reduced make much difference, probably not, even a Technician giving a Road Test might not notice any difference.

XDS at Minimum might never make any difference either to anyone just buying and driving.

What does make a difference if all might be reset, and a Stage 1 or as one member traded in a car, Stage 2 is still on the ECU,

and you are in an accident or a Life Changing accident and the Investigators scan and check the ECU and you are driving with 

invalidated Insurance.

Unlikely, but has happened.

Like the Members here that Bought Twinchargers & then had Warranty Claims rejected,

but luckily then rejected the cars, because they were on finance.

It maybe happens with any Dealerships and car types, and who cares, well until maybe it happens to your friends or families.

Skoda Approved might just mean, Skoda not really checking much other than outstanding Finance & Insurance Status.

which costs them all of  £3.

& not much more for anyone to do.   They have the VAS equipment sitting there, 15 minutes and the ECU can have the latest Softwear 

enhancement & some Factory settings back in place.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 3 weeks later...

There have been at least 6 members on here this year that have had engines fail or were failing. 

Then no more news, maybe because they just never bothered to come back after asking for help, 

or because they were advised not to discuss publicly online what Skoda are doing to resolve the failures.

• Like 1

There have been at least 6 members on here this year that have had engines fail or were failing. 

Then no more news, maybe because they just never bothered to come back after asking for help, 

or because they were advised not to discuss publicly online what Skoda are doing to resolve the failures.

Yeah, it is a shame, as it dilutes the effectiveness of the support that Briskoda members have given. An objective of the manufacturers and supporting cronies no doubt.

However, there are many that have been supported and helped to get the consistency out of Skoda (VAG)

Their thanks has always been appreciated !!

I wonder how many £4500 plus have been saved by members in the process.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Here is a copy of my other post.

I am just clearing out some emails at work and came across my response from SKoda Uk ref my engine replacement. I have only just seen it as went straight into my spam folder.

I know I had my engine replaced in September but I have just realized that my car was not given any extended warranty on the replacement engine on the car. Is this correct?

I didn't expect any extended warranty on the rest of the car but I thought the new engine would have.

See response from Skoda UK

What are your thoughts on it.

SKoda%20response_zpstlkw13jr.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a copy of my other post.

I am just clearing out some emails at work and came across my response from SKoda Uk ref my engine replacement. I have only just seen it as went straight into my spam folder.

I know I had my engine replaced in September but I have just realized that my car was not given any extended warranty on the replacement engine on the car. Is this correct?

I didn't expect any extended warranty on the rest of the car but I thought the new engine would have.

See response from Skoda UK

What are your thoughts on it.

SKoda%20response_zpstlkw13jr.jpg

PM sittingbull and or StirlingMG both have had recent engine changes ,then use their situation to identify the inconsistency .Then contact Tom Chadwick via phone and email to clearly explain the reason why you are treated differently.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Sorry I've not been online, Tom has pm'd me and I'll respond directly to that pm.

For the purposes of the forum however I want to post the details of the "package" as given to me by Skoda UK following our engine change, also in September 2014, to highlight to everyone the sheer inconsistencies of Skoda UK approach, an approach which has gone a long way to undermining confidence in the brand.

Our engine change was covered under warranty, all costs were borne by Skoda UK including cost of oil consumption test, courtesy cars, the cost of the engine and the labour required to carry out the change. At no point were we asked to contribute a thin dime to the cost. In my opinion, with a vehicle that is within manufacturers warranty, that is precisely how it should be. All owners with vehicles within warranty should expect and receive equitable treatment to ours. A case could probably be made for those just out of warranty for Skoda UK to front the cost given that the issue is at the very least one they "are aware of".

In addition to the above, we received an extended warranty of 2 years on the engine from the date of change ie 24/09/14 and 12 months labour. We were also reimbursed for the cost of oil bought before the oil change. We received no compensation offer of vouchers, cash or anything else, but I do know that other owners have had such offers. We did not pursue for compensation purely because ultimately we have what we wanted, our car running and operating in the manner expected by the manufacturer and owner.

The above information will serve to inform what was offered, but more tellingly highlight the inconsistencies of the owner experience when confronted with this issue.

I wish Tom well, my case handler (Caroline Wood) sorted all of this out for me through a bit of negotiation. I would say they are reluctant to put confirmation in writing so keep records of all contact with them, and stand your ground.

For us, the experience was actually pretty positive all things considered, unlike others our engine change went relatively smoothly, our "package" was arrived at relatively smoothly, and our car is now performing as it was intended to by the design team back in 2009/10, and it cost us nothing but our time to get to that point. Hassle yes, frustration yes, money (apart from phone calls, petrol for courtesy cars), no.

• Like 3

Is there anyone that has had an Engine replaced this year that can say what they received.

Was it a New or Reconditioned Engine, did they have a New Catalytic Converter fitted,

& did they get an Extended Warranty from Skoda beyond the Original 3 year.

Did the Dealership or Skoda provide a letter & Invoice providing the information on all new parts fitted,

New Spark Plugs, Air Filter or anything else.

& any information on informing the DVLA about the car having a replacement engine.

Has the Service Book been Written up,

& where you told to have the next Service done at your expense just when the car is due a Annual Service. Oil & Filter.?

I had a replacement engine in September, I can confirm it was a new engine but skoda cant tell me if it has had all the necessary upgrades i.e oil squirters. The dealer told me that there was no need to replace the cat as it wouldn't have caused any damage to it. I got told that my warranty even on the new engine runs out with the manufactures warranty  in the Oct, but I am currently in talks with Skoda about this.

The dealer gave me an invoice of what was fitted which included a 'base engine', oil, some gaskets. The engine had all new spark plugs but that was it. Had to return to dealer as they didn't put enough coolant back in. Was told DVLA do not need to be notified as the engine was the same size etc. I questioned this as it will have different serial stamp and they said it was all sorted.

They wrote up the service book as if it had a normal routine service, no mention of a new engine and was told next service is in 12,000 miles at my expense.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought 2011 VRS in 2013 with 20k on clock. Noticed was using oil 1ltr every 800 miles or so shortly after my (private/auto trader/bargain) purchase. Kept mentioning to my Skoda dealer at service times and After a lot of argy bargy with Skoda had engine replaced under warranty (free in the end but could have paid £3000 if hadn't argued the toss) when the mileage was at 42k.

I put 10k on it while Skoda were deciding what to do!

Now done 51k no oil loss yet from replacement engine - told it was new not recon ( only top engine) but still check oil every two weeks anyway force of habit. In the 30k I have had it the car has never let me down and I have seen 140+ on the clocks too many times now.......... I enjoy exuberant driving but obviously on closed roads, or maybe a deserted M62 late at night.......

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump for Zom414.

Thanks for the bump.  Got to wait another 48 hrs though as they closed down my case when it went in for the oil consumption test.  Now it's failed they have to open a new case so I'm back at the start!  They're not exactly winning me over here, how can they differ so much when treating customers with the same problem?  Putting all my problems into a letter which I'll send to their HQ by recorded mail to see if that ruffles any feathers.

• Like 1

LOL at their attempts to delay and Confuse & take the pith.

Tell them to get knotted.    The Case is live and running, under the 'Manufacturers Warranty'.

They need close down nothing, they started so they can continue, resolve a Warranty Claim that started with your first complaint,. request for help, 

and them starting a diagnosis.

• 3 months later...

Still it is every man or woman for their self when dealing with Skoda Dealerships then Skoda UK Customer Services. If you have issues unresolved best get An Independent Expert Motor Vehicle Report and assistance and advice from a Solicitor.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Bump for Tristy.

??

Who has had a Replacement Engine Fitted within or out of Manufacturers Warranty and had an Extended Warranty,. 

1 or 2 years on the Engine.

Who was told the Warranty and the Replacement Engine was only for the 3 years from first Registered,

then got a Package, Expenses Paid,.  The Warranty Extended.  any Future Free Service or the likes?

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi all my engine is currently being replaced.

It is a 2011 CAVE. No warrenty around 31k miles. Major Serviced by Skoda 2 months ago and given clean bill of health.

Havent been back to dealer yet only been informed of whats happening over the phone. Wasnt told exactly what haf gone wrong just that engine badly worn due to it burning oil. Wasnt told if it would definatly be a complelty new unit/ partial replacements or a refurb etc just that it will be getting a new engine.

Was told cost would normally be £5,500 for the work that needs doing...but dealer had already contacted Skoda on my behalf before phoning me back. They agreed to pay for most of the work which is brining the cost to me down to £1,100.

Will let you know more when I finally go down there and get to see some paperwork etc etc.