eBay armrest questions

Good afternoon everyone :)

So i asked about armrests a couple of weeks ago and find the £130 price tag a little high right now plus its blue.. (new car, insurance, car bits, you know how it goes and at that price i would rather do without!)

so im looking at this: http://goo.gl/5hUx2N

I know the saying is, buy cheap buy twice, but i dont think thats right in this case.

it looks like a replica of the official skoda armrest, designed to fit in the exact same locations.

it looks to be of good quality and made from ABS Plastic so we know it will last!

its specifically made for the skoda fabia/roomster fitting in original mounting locations

IMO looks better than OE and will fit with the all black interior a lot nicer!

good seller also with high ratings..

Would any of you guys take the risk on going for this imitation part over the double the price but R&D'd skoda item? I have been contemplating this for the past few days but don't want to be throwing my money away!

Kind Regards

Matthew

That is not a replica - the shape is completely different to what the original looks like (look below).

It is just an aftermarket armrest which looks that will fit without the need of drilling holes to the center plastic console which is good. It also looks shorter which could mean that it is not that much in the way of the handbrake, problem that many face when using the original armrest.

I would question though how well it will sit in the cup holder and rectangular compartment in front of it especially if you apply weight on it.

Note that the original has a metal frame and some serious bolts and screws that keep it attached to the car's floor.

Other than that I can't tell if it is good or not, quality wise I mean, I guess you have to buy and find out.

If I was you I would wait to get the original at a fair price. It is not an "essential" accessory so you could hold off for a little longer.

img000300.JPG

youre right it looks hideous compared to the one in your picture.

i have found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-ArmCik-Black-Armrest-Centre-Exact-Fit-Skoda-ROOMSTER-2006-Onwards/191109184728?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222003%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20892%26meid%3D6222247939400632452%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D9312%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D251486155044&rt=nc

maybe an option but i think youre right, the ones i have seen on other forums fit in the same location as the one i have put in the link. I had never seen the one you posted up until now. guess ive been looking at the wrong places. a lot of posts on a chille skoda forum of all places haha

Edited by matthewl

Avoid that at all costs!!! I have just fitted one and its ****. So bouncey its untrue. Wish Id stumped up the extra for the real one. It has a metal core but the rest is made out of milk containers or something. It wobbles everywhere when up even when screwed in and bounces when down. I say again. Dont waste your money. Looks ok but just doesnt perform anything like the oem one.

• Like 1

I have the one in the first post. It isn't a patch on the OEM one but it doesn't bounce about like stated above. It's shorter so doesn't get in the way but that means it isn't quite in the right place to rest your arm. Could do with being a bit longer.

I wouldn't dare put any real weight through it as I think it would just break.

For the money it's ok but if you can wait and save for an OEM part that's what I would do.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the one in the first post. It isn't a patch on the OEM one but it doesn't bounce about like stated above. It's shorter so doesn't get in the way but that means it isn't quite in the right place to rest your arm. Could do with being a bit longer.

I wouldn't dare put any real weight through it as I think it would just break.

For the money it's ok but if you can wait and save for an OEM part that's what I would do.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Avoid that at all costs!!! I have just fitted one and its ****. So bouncey its untrue. Wish Id stumped up the extra for the real one. It has a metal core but the rest is made out of milk containers or something. It wobbles everywhere when up even when screwed in and bounces when down. I say again. Dont waste your money. Looks ok but just doesnt perform anything like the oem one.

Cheers guys! i will stay away from this one and wait for an oe one.  tbh i probably wont even bother with it at all :)

The Skoda armrest is great on the motorway, but not that useful in town as it blocks the handbrake badly (and some gearchanges) - just to chuck in my 2p worth.  Luckily I do lots of motorway driving and I would deffo fork out for it if I didn't already have one...

I wonder if there are many floating around used at breakers yards...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

You reckon they will ship to ireland ... armrest over here is over €300

Are you talking ROI or NI? delivery policy states UK bank addresses only. I'm sure someone in UK would forward it to you if the Skoda shop say no and you cover postage. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I fitted the OEM one a couple of weeks ago and posted up details on here, it took all of 45-minutes to fit although you do need Torx Key/screwdriver, allen key and a socket set, looks factory fitted and is probablt worth the £140 (inc VAT).

The armrest top is finished in Black fabric and matches the interior of the Monte Carlo perfectly!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/339768-front-arm-rest/

Edited by Prykey