Twice in a week!

So, had a stone hit the windscreen, bad chip repaired by Autoglass, within 5 days another stone hits and causes yet another bad chip, waiting to be repaired this Thursday.

At this rate, I reckon a new windscreen will be needed soon!

I've also got lots of little chips on the windscreen that can't be repaired, seems a lot more than any other car I've had.

Is it me or does the Octavia windscreen chip too easily?

Also, when I need a new windscreen, would I be better getting Skoda to fit an oem one or go with Autoglass??

• Like 1

I got a stone chip yesterday, which can't be repaired. Autoglass don't have a replacement, so it needs to be ordered about 1 week

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Are they getting a skoda one then?

With LV my excess for replacement is £75 using their approved repairer (Autoglass). If I choose to use an alternative repairer, there is a £100 limit for any windscreen replacements. Hence my question in my post above.

I actually felt that the screen seems more resistant to chips than other cars, it's had a couple of whacks now, and the light and the bonnet lip have chips now, but the screen's fine! Just resigned to geting it painted after a year or so hehe :D

I had my windscreen replaced due to a crack last week. It is a heated screen and I can confirm that it is a genuine Skoda part. I discussed this with the installer and he said you should always ask for an OEM glass as they should be able to accommodate the request. Mine was done by National Windscreens. Only cost my £75 which a relief as I was worried a heated screen would be more.

• Like 1

Had a stone strike yesterday. Right in the bottom of the screen so didn't notice anything until a 3 inch crack appeared. Auto glass will replace but waiting for them to confirm when as they have to order the screen.

Autoglass will get the replacement screen on the 25th for fitting on the 26th. Fingers crossed the chip doesn't turn into a crack or worse before.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...