Dozy VRS 1

Hi all,

Had my VRS about 6 weeks now and its brilliant, apart from a couple of quirks its developed, which I'm hoping to get some help with.

It usually does the first thing from cold, it starts fine, drives fine, makes all the right noises, turbo spins up, wastegate works but it just seems down on power.

If I turn off the ignition and start it up again its back on full form and rip your face off fast?

The other thing its only just started doing tonight after a blast up the road, is misfiring on tick over then sorting itself out after 10 seconds or so...

Not had chance to get a diagnostic on it so don't know if I have any fault codes, or if the coilpacks have been done ever, its done 95k so I would have thought so but ill check tomorrow.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Just rang my Skoda main dealer and apparently the coilpack warranty is only valid up to 10 years old and mine is a 54 plate! Its never had them done under warranty though as he checked for me, is this right or is he full of s*^#?

that does sound like BS... theres lads with older Octy's had coilpacks done recently enough, that they are defo more than 10yrs old.....

Luckyvrs20vt - 2003 Octy bought in January, Coilpacks only done in Feb / Mar iirc....

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

Just rang my Skoda main dealer and apparently the coilpack warranty is only valid up to 10 years old and mine is a 54 plate! Its never had them done under warranty though as he checked for me, is this right or is he full of s*^#?

Just had mine done on the 2003 plate that I bought last month - the problem wasn't the age of the car, it was that I knew more about the parts that needed replacing than the dealer.

that does sound like BS... theres lads with older Octy's had coilpacks done recently enough, that they are defo more than 10yrs old.....

Luckyvrs20vt - 2003 Octy bought in January, Coilpacks only done in Feb / Mar iirc....

Correct.. 

I went into the dealer and told them I knew about coilpack recall and that I would like them changed

• Like 1

Ran the diagnostic and number 4 coilpack is knackered. Sent an email in off the skoda uk website letting them know RRG Skoda in Bolton lie like a cheap chinese watch, so waiting on a response.

Also turns out I may need a down pipe as the flexi joint looks like its blowing now, it has a milltek cat back on at the minute so thought id price up the milltek downpipe. Feel sick now looking at the price! :(

I took mine to skoda in manchester. If i remember rightly its a lookers seat and skoda dealer. Its on bury new road anyway. Theres also an RRG in rochdale too. Neither are to far away from bolton :)

Guest BigJase88

Yup some have even told me they have never heard of the fault before

When they say that you KNOW they are talking b.s

They said there was a workshop log at the time of the recall issue but it was never actioned? I've had no car for a week and cant manage any longer, just ordered a set of bosch ones from euro and ill fit them myself tonight. Hate to admit defeat but its costing me more in time and phonecalls.

Fit the new ones, and then keep at Skoda until they admit to having to do it.

then pop the old ones back in - park up around the corner from dealer to swap back out.

(i know somebody swapped em back out in the dealer forecourt, but thats a bit cheeky when theyre being b*5tards)

keep the new ones as spares, or sell em on.

Good point, fitted the new ones and its running fine now, will keep on at skoda though, out of order that so many are still being done and they are telling me another story.

• Like 1