It's arrived :) now just rambling :)

Cracking job buddy, I for one really appreciate the effort you have put in to helping me out, thank you! :)

Glad I could help and they are useful. Hopefully they help put your mind to rest :) I'm looking forward to seeing your new wheels...

I was about to comment on it, but I let it go since you have the most awesome colour. I just wish it wasnt vrs only :p

Thanks  :bandit:  I bet it would be popular if it wasn't vrs only, I haven't seen another yet!

You aren't allowed to judge me on how dirty the car is! I know its bad and I will give it a bath soon :D

It makes mine stand out a bit more in work though when yours is filthy. I keep see a mk2 fl hatch in green quite a bit

• Like 1

It makes mine stand out a bit more in work though when yours is filthy. I keep see a mk2 fl hatch in green quite a bit

haha, I can understand that :) yours does look good in blue though.

The mudguards are just normal Skoda Octavia mudguards - the one's you 'can't fit to a VRS'. They were very easy to fit, even for me! I personally think they make the car look better, but I appreciate other's might not :)

The spacers are from H&R, I bought them a while ago from a fellow Briskodian. The trouble with the length of the stub is that spacers fit over the stub and effectively make it shorter by 5mm, they don't make the stub longer. I assume hub-centric spacers would do this? I am happy that the wheels are centred though, as they don't vibrate when on the move. @ skodanorman, haven't noticed much of a change to the handling, my main reason for adding them was looks.

Glad people like the colour :D I think its fantastic!

Aye, they are inexpensive as well to be honest.  Had mine on the car two weeks and Im glad I put them on.

Took about 5 mins a corner to fit.

• Like 1

Genuine Skoda front and rear mudflaps on e-bay £52 including postage (they were doing a deal at £46 when I bought mine), beats the dealer price of £68 a pair.

No longer than 30 mins to fit.

However you do need to remove the rear wheels to do those ones, I just took it as an opportunity to clean and wheel wax the rims on the inside and outer faces.

Oh and fit the 10mm spacers!

Mine were thrown in by the dealer :)

I also took all four wheels off just to make it a little easier, but the fronts are doable without this.

10mm spacers make a good difference in my view - worth doing.

*Cough* Bump :D

Bumping this thread to add some pictures - primary for Mence's benefit, but they will probably of use to others. Mence was asking how much clearance there was between the outer face of the wheel and the wheel arch. For reference, the alloys are CVR 105's, 18x8j, ET45, shod in Continental Wintercontact Tyre TS830P. 8mm spacers on the rear.

More pics needed!

I can probably oblige, seeing as I bought the wheels from you :p

However, as can be seen, the car is filthy so I shall wash it first which I am doing later this week. I'll do some more pictures then :)

In the mean time, I did post a picture when I put the wheels on in this thread (post 13):

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/336523-aftermarket-wheels-thread/

PS, sorry to read about your wheel woes - I hope you can sort them quickly/cheaply.

• Like 1

Some more pictures (at least it shows it has been cleaned :) )

IMAG1351_zpslvhynfrb.jpg

IMAG1356_zpsecehqvg3.jpg

IMAG1359_zpsrheavclg.jpg

IMAG1363_zpsmtyohjrt.jpg

IMAG1369_zpsnh4cewyg.jpg

IMAG1376_zpsgoxuavd2.jpg

I may have got a little carried away with picture taking :p hehe

Edited by meb90
  • Like 3

That looks great. Those wheels look massive for 18s.

Car looks great [emoji106]

I'll get something sorted. It's an excuse for more wheels.

Thanking you. I agree, they do look big for 18s, I think it may be due to the spokes going pretty much to the middle.

I like that you are using it as an excuse for more wheels :D

Thanking you. I agree, they do look big for 18s, I think it may be due to the spokes going pretty much to the middle.

I like that you are using it as an excuse for more wheels :D

She looks the Doggy's what'sit's  :thumbup:

• Like 1

IMAG1376_zpsgoxuavd2.jpg

I may have got a little carried away with picture taking :p hehe

You can never take enough pictures. I love these MQB platform cars, They never look anywhere near as big as they actually are. My wife has a new MQB Leon FR184 (an Octavia vRS/Golf GTI in a different skirt) and it looks tiny, especially compared with her Mk5 but I know they're the same size.

I don't even *really* want some new wheels but the wait for another Neuspeed would be too long I think. It's not like I've got a set of OE Zeniths for winter or anything.....

Are the brakes on the Mk3 Octavia 345mm? Funnily enough they don't fit those to the Leon.

Lovely wheels those CVR 105. Could see them looking lovely on my Candy White Elegance but in Black - would finish off the look nicely. Id need a brake upgrade too though!

You can never take enough pictures. I love these MQB platform cars, They never look anywhere near as big as they actually are. My wife has a new MQB Leon FR184 (an Octavia vRS/Golf GTI in a different skirt) and it looks tiny, especially compared with her Mk5 but I know they're the same size.

I don't even *really* want some new wheels but the wait for another Neuspeed would be too long I think. It's not like I've got a set of OE Zeniths for winter or anything.....

Are the brakes on the Mk3 Octavia 345mm? Funnily enough they don't fit those to the Leon.

I like the look of the new Leon too, I just wasn't a fan of the dash when inside which was one of the reasons I went for the Octavia over it. But it looks great from the outside. Agree with your comments about the cars looking smaller too.

The brakes are 340mm as far as I am aware. Interesting the Leon doesn't get them.

I get not wanting to wait, I seem to remember when you sold the CVR alloys you were changing wheels twice a year! You could run the Zeniths while waiting though? But they have winter rubber. Hmm.

Lovely wheels those CVR 105. Could see them looking lovely on my Candy White Elegance but in Black - would finish off the look nicely. Id need a brake upgrade too though!

Thanks, I think they look good too. Black would definitely work too :) Fortunately I don't feel the need for a brake upgrade :P

I get not wanting to wait, I seem to remember when you sold the CVR alloys you were changing wheels twice a year! You could run the Zeniths while waiting though? But they have winter rubber. Hmm.

Erm.....yes, I couldn't possibly take the winter rubber off the Zeniths.

I think on average it had worked out about twice a year for an alloy swap, but had I not based the Neuspeed wheel I had no intention of changing. I kept looking, but.....

Those brakes sit inside the wheels much more nicely than the 312mm on the Mk2. The Mk5 R32 got 345mm brakes and I wondered if VAG had carried over the design, but it does look slightly different. Again with the Leon not getting the bigger brakes, I noticed that the Mk7 GTI gets a bigger, vented rear disc. I wonder why they didn't carry that onto the other cars built on the platform.

Anyway....

17035235667_2ffecb714e_o.jpg

IMAG1376_zpsgoxuavd2 by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

Just saying.....

Well its taken 5 months (ordered the 23rd November) but my TDI VRS is here :)

I personally think it is fantastic, and have really enjoyed the short time I have had with it so far!!

Here it is:

20140430_201626_zpsa11c273f.jpg

love rallye green! if only i could convince swmbo

• Like 1

Erm.....yes, I couldn't possibly take the winter rubber off the Zeniths.

I think on average it had worked out about twice a year for an alloy swap, but had I not based the Neuspeed wheel I had no intention of changing. I kept looking, but.....

Those brakes sit inside the wheels much more nicely than the 312mm on the Mk2. The Mk5 R32 got 345mm brakes and I wondered if VAG had carried over the design, but it does look slightly different. Again with the Leon not getting the bigger brakes, I noticed that the Mk7 GTI gets a bigger, vented rear disc. I wonder why they didn't carry that onto the other cars built on the platform.

Anyway....

IMAG1376_zpsgoxuavd2 by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

Just saying.....

Hmm, difficult decision then.

I think they fill the wheel pretty well. I didn't know the other disc sizes, but it does seem strange that they vary so much. Must be VAG politics for you.

Anyway...

I like that picture very much, thanks  :thumbup: I would really like to lower it - probably a set of Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks but I just can't justify the expense at the moment (and the Mrs needs convincing... haha).