It's arrived :) now just rambling :)

The mudguards are just normal Skoda Octavia mudguards - the one's you 'can't fit to a VRS'. They were very easy to fit, even for me! I personally think they make the car look better, but I appreciate other's might not :)

The spacers are from H&R, I bought them a while ago from a fellow Briskodian. The trouble with the length of the stub is that spacers fit over the stub and effectively make it shorter by 5mm, they don't make the stub longer. I assume hub-centric spacers would do this? I am happy that the wheels are centred though, as they don't vibrate when on the move. @ skodanorman, haven't noticed much of a change to the handling, my main reason for adding them was looks.

Glad people like the colour :D I think its fantastic!

• Like 2

The spacers are from H&R, I bought them a while ago from a fellow Briskodian. The trouble with the length of the stub is that spacers fit over the stub and effectively make it shorter by 5mm, they don't make the stub longer. I assume hub-centric spacers would do this? I am happy that the wheels are centred though, as they don't vibrate when on the move. @ skodanorman, haven't noticed much of a change to the handling, my main reason for adding them was looks.

Yes, hub centric spacers have a spigot (stub) rather than being flat, but you won't generally find then on any spacers as thin as 5mm.

• Like 1

Mines a green estate and been wondering about the mudflap issue. Going to get some tomorrow now, especially after putting mud up my front wing and at the rear on Saturday on a field type carpark.

Thanks for the conformation on fit

Yes, hub centric spacers have a spigot (stub) rather than being flat, but you won't generally find then on any spacers as thin as 5mm.

Ahh, that makes sense, sorry about my lack of knowledge! I can understand the 5mm spacers not having a spigot, the spigot the wheel sits on is only about 10mm long.

Mines a green estate and been wondering about the mudflap issue. Going to get some tomorrow now, especially after putting mud up my front wing and at the rear on Saturday on a field type carpark.

Thanks for the conformation on fit

I am also hoping they reduce the covering of mud/dirt too :) no worries about the confirmation, I had no issues fitting them - the instructions are pretty clear. I did find it easier to take off all the wheels, especially to get all three fixings for the front mudguards.

Personally Meb90 i would have fitted 10mm hubcentric ones. but your wagon is looking great dude.

I use one of these jobies to fit my spacers and rims, it make it a lot easier to do.

$(KGrHqZ,!igFBehDN1EkBQooe!IWMg~~60_35.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHEEL-FITTING-ALIGNMENT-TOOL-SKODA-OCTAVIA-5-BOLT-LUG-NUT-3E-/230883682719?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item35c1bd699f

• Like 1

The mudguards are just normal Skoda Octavia mudguards - the one's you 'can't fit to a VRS'. They were very easy to fit, even for me! I personally think they make the car look better, but I appreciate other's might not :)

Consensus of opinion on the reason for Skoda stating the mud flaps don't fit on the vRS is because the car sits 15mm lower than the standard Octavia - therefore giving rise to a possible ground clearance issue.

I can only see this as a problem for those with a like of driving over kerbs and central reservations...

• Like 2

Personally Meb90 i would have fitted 10mm hubcentric ones. but your wagon is looking great dude.

I use one of these jobies to fit my spacers and rims, it make it a lot easier to do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHEEL-FITTING-ALIGNMENT-TOOL-SKODA-OCTAVIA-5-BOLT-LUG-NUT-3E-/230883682719?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item35c1bd699f

That's a good idea - hadn't thought of that! May well invest in one of those...

Maybe 10mm hubcentric is a future project, I quite like the look as it is now :)

Matt

• Like 1

Consensus of opinion on the reason for Skoda stating the mud flaps don't fit on the vRS is because the car sits 15mm lower than the standard Octavia - therefore giving rise to a possible ground clearance issue.

I can only see this as a problem for those with a like of driving over kerbs and central reservations...

I can follow their arguement, but I tend to agree with you about the ground clearance as it seems pretty good even with them on.

I think you would have difficulty moving them higher, the shape is molded to the same shape as the bumper and goes underneath the car for around 5 inches.

I reckon you could trim them easily though, they are made of a relatively soft plastic so I wouldn't see any issues doing that.

Just a quick update really. I bought two of these from the link and they have turned up pretty quickly. They look just what was needed! Hopefully fitting wheels will be easier now. Thanks for the idea!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Agreed. Green and yellow would be good. Problem is we have such low volume, and no one but them.

Haha! Wait til you see my drive when the vRS and S1 arrive!

Still pondering if we've gone a bit mad!

The plastic chocks are their to raise the front of the car so it doesn't catch the bumper when loading and unloading the car it has nothing to do with the car bouncing around if that was the case they would all have them yet currently only the superb and Octavia and certan model citgo have them if I remember rightly.

• 7 months later...

*Cough* Bump :D

Bumping this thread to add some pictures - primary for Mence's benefit, but they will probably of use to others. Mence was asking how much clearance there was between the outer face of the wheel and the wheel arch. For reference, the alloys are CVR 105's, 18x8j, ET45, shod in Continental Wintercontact Tyre TS830P. 8mm spacers on the rear.

Picture 1 - Rear nearside

IMAG1326_zpsub0xwerq.jpg

Picture 2 - Rear nearside

IMAG1328_zpsk56j1teb.jpg

Picture 3 - Rear nearside

IMAG1329_zpsighebblg.jpg

Picture 4 - Rear nearside looking up

IMAG1332_zpsktfaw2se.jpg

• Like 1

Picture 5 - Rear nearside

IMAG1333_zpsqmojuahh.jpg

Picture 6 - Rear nearside. The end of the ruler is positioned on the shoulder of the tyre (not 0cm).

IMAG1335_zps8gze5ly0.jpg

Picture 7 - Rear nearside. The end of the ruler is positioned on the rim of the alloy (not 0cm).

IMAG1337_zpsgpbzjhse.jpg

Picture 8 - Rear offside.

IMAG1339_zpsprqgsgxx.jpg

• Like 1

Picture 9 - Rear offside.

IMAG1341_zps4e7t3dgu.jpg

Picture 10 - Rear offside.

IMAG1345_zpspflwegin.jpg

Picture 11 - Front offside.

IMAG1347_zpsnrtaepct.jpg

Picture 12 - Front offside. Ruler is positioned with the end on the shoulder of the tyre (not 0cm).

IMAG1349_zpskxahjof5.jpg

• Like 2

You aren't allowed to judge me on how dirty the car is! I know its bad and I will give it a bath soon :D

Cracking job buddy, I for one really appreciate the effort you have put in to helping me out, thank you! :)

• Like 1

You aren't allowed to judge me on how dirty the car is! I know its bad and I will give it a bath soon :D

I was about to comment on it, but I let it go since you have the most awesome colour. I just wish it wasnt vrs only :p

• Like 1