Shame it's dark or I'd go out and pop the hood on the Monte and vRS and look.

If no solid reply tonight I'll look tomorrow lol.

Cheers, appreciate the quick reply! Just looking at options pre-remap as if it's the same ill phone forge and order the 'bigger' FMIC and just get the relevant pipes to make it fit my Monte TDi. :) - there's just so little around on the 1.6 CR lump ... even on the VW and Audi forums.

ive been looking for options for fabia VRS im not willing to pay the £500 that forge charge, is there any reason why you couldnt pick up a universal intercooler and make it fit?

I've been tempted by a ford focus RS mk2 intercooler. ive seen them picked up for as little as £5.00....

I've been down the universal route with my old mk1 fab vrs. It does the job but I didnt save any money as the pipes that came with it didnt have lips and the pipes were sub standard so by the time you buy new metal pipes with lips from forge etc. And then an additonal pipe for the air sensor suddenly the total is 800 odd that it costs to get the better forge product. ImO.

Or buy universal then buy proper forge pipework? Should still make a saving perhaps?

What power are you going for?

Have you spoken to Darkside Developments?

Or maybe 'Shark'.

Brimma has a Remaped 1.6 TDI CR & a vRS front on it,

i dont think he has a Upgraded Intercooler, but not read the Project Thread recently.

I think I can break down the part numbering:

6R = Polo platform (PQ25)

0 = Generic platform variant i.e. it's the same for all the 6R platform

145 805 = Intercooler

From a quick check the variants are:

No suffix=Polo TDi Cold and Not hot countries/Ibiza TDi/Fabia TDi/A3 1.6 TDi

A=Doesn't exist

B=Polo TDi Moderate hot, hot and super hot countries

C=Ibiza Twin Charger 1.4 TSi

D=Doesn't exist

E=Exists but was replaced by H

F=Polo/Fabia/A3 Twin Charger 1.4 TSi/A3 2.0 TDi

G=Doesn't exist

H=The only reference I can find is that it was fitted to the Ibiza 1.2TSi but I'm not too sure about that.

Edited by PhilTheGeek