Fabia Recall

I have spoken to Skoda UK at length, and they have refused to acknowledge it is a recall.  THe person I spoke to was quite abrupt, and pointed out that it was being done as a 'favour' to UK customers even though, and I quote 'no cases have ever been reported in the UK,  only hot countries like Australia'

When I pointed out that is nonsense I've been reporting a problem for 3 years, he didnt seem to agree I had reported the same issue, even though what they have done has mostly fixed the issues I was having.

What problems have you reported to Skoda over the past three years? I was under the impression that this "recall" only related to a DSG box oil change and ECU update? Perhaps your problems are not realted to this.

Whatever, why not just accept their "favour" - why should you care what they choose to call it?

Says the person caring about someone else's opinion on a forum for a car they don't even own.

Dealers are calling it a recall where as SUK isn't. It's also classified as a recall in other countries... doesn't that sound shifty to you? Probably not, why would you care, you don't have a Skoda.

But you know the details of the "recall/service action" on the box already.

The post you made that I commented on had no info or queries about said box.

I fail to see your point.

It is not a 'Recall'  in the UK, it is not on the VOSA Recall Site,  

and some have received letters from Skoda, but many have not.

So a Service Campaign, or a Secret Service Campaign on DQ200 Twin Dry Clutch 7 Speed boxes,

between 2009-2014. but we are not told which actual range of Engines, dates or VIN/Serial Numbers.

So Until we ask a Skoda Dealership we do not know, because Skoda UK have given it no publicity.

At lease Skoda NZ put it online,

and their 'Service Campaign' was on all the vehicles, and they told you what was to be done.

These are Vehicles built in the same Factories as UK cars, and driven in a pretty similar climate to many cars in the UK or EU.

http://www.skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

In other countries it was called a Recall, Service Campaign,  but it was not Secret Service Campaigns.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I see in the 'Introduce Yourself' section a Skoda Superb owner has a car with a 6 Speed DSG that actually is subject to a Proper UK 'VOSA Recall'.

On the VOSA Recall site.

Odd that the Details given for those being recalled for action is pretty similar as the possible problem with the DQ200 7 speed Twin Dry Clutch.

With the 1.4 TSI /DQ200 DSG it is

Possible interruption to power or loss of drive, and to be a Recall on the Superb it must me considered a Safety Critical Issue,

yet when it is with the DQ200 on 1.4 TSI, there is no VOSA RECALL.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/323312-skoda-superb-vosa-recall-done-then-timing-chain-failure

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

?

Has everyone that Owns a 2010-2014 Skoda Fabia MK2 vRS or other cars with a DQ200 7 Speed Twin dry Clutch Gearbox 

now heard from a Dealer, Customer Services or VW on the Service Campaign if their car might require this carried out?

Or did you check with a Dealer or Customer Services and get told your car did not require any Field Action?

• Like 1

?

Has everyone that Owns a 2010-2014 Skoda Fabia MK2 vRS or other cars with a DQ200 7 Speed Twin dry Clutch Gearbox 

now heard from a Dealer, Customer Services or VW on the Service Campaign if their car might require this carried out?

Or did you check with a Dealer or Customer Services and get told your car did not require any Field Action?

Not sure if that applies to myself, however I got onto Skoda UK, he told me that I needed to book in with my local Skoda dealer for this to be carried out, very helpful chap helped with every step.  Car got booked in and works were done all for £7.50 (price of the courtesy car).  and was done within a few hours.

• Like 1

That is good to know.

yours was one of the first built and brought into the UK, May / June 2010, and of the first 205 cars registered in the UK.

*Others with the same age and build of car have been told their gearbox did not require the Oil Changed or an Update.*

Maybe their car had it done sometime between June 2010 - May 2014 while in for other work,

or Mineral Oil Had been used at the DSG Build & mating to the Engine Stage.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

?

Checked when I had it serviced last July (at main dealers) and was told no work was necessary.

Mine is a61 plate and phoned skoda customer service and said they werent sure if I needed it as I haven't had any warranty work done on the car before, even though 6 months ago it had a brand new engine fitted provided for by themsleves. They are saying that my reg and chassis number show no warranty work ever carried out on my Fabia.

Was rather confused. They are looking into it for me.