Octavia VRS 'R' version?

Strangely enough, owning a Mk2 vRS DSG estate remapped to 200bhp, I too know what the car is capable of

Just looking at the Golf R.........296bhp and a VW claimed 4.9 sec 0-60 time for the DSG

And the Audi S3........300bhp and an Audi claimed 4.9 sec 0-60 time for the S-Tronic

How much lighter is the Octavia, without the benefit of 4-wheel drive?

Mmmmmmm.............

I'm bored of this now, although happy enough with my sub 6 secs to 60,...

Don't see the point really, because with either 180 or 220 hp under the bonnet you're already more than capable of losing your licence with moments carelessness.

In all honesty mate, you're not wrong, hence why it helps to ensure you keep the safety of others in mind,...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't see the point really, because with either 180 or 220 hp under the bonnet you're already more than capable of losing your licence with moments carelessness.

I totally agree. I picked up my Mk III vRS diesel yesterday and decided to test what it could do. Both my mate and I were more than a little shocked when we glanced at the speedo. The car was doing way more than it felt like and was still ready for more. I had to quickly ease off.

As I said in another thread, after driving the diesel, I can't imagine why I personally would even need a petrol. For road use, the diesel is more than ample.

I totally agree. I picked up my Mk III vRS diesel yesterday and decided to test what it could do. Both my mate and I were more than a little shocked when we glanced at the speedo. The car was doing way more than it felt like and was still ready for more. I had to quickly ease off.

As I said in another thread, after driving the diesel, I can't imagine why I personally would even need a petrol. For road use, the diesel is more than ample.

Whilst I respect you have an opinion, your comments are so far off topic it's untrue! :dull:

Thank god we're not all like you two, otherwise we'd all be in 1 litre hybrids with a 70mph limit...

Some of us enjoy driving fast when conditions allow, and faster when on track! It's called a thrill! (It's also much safer for overtaking - you'll notice that in your vRS - er, maybe not...)

Seriously, why bother posting on a thread discussing a potential 250+ hp Octavia when you're questioning the point???

Seriously, why bother posting on a thread (which is subject to a variety of opinions) saying you respect someone's opinion in the first paragraph and asking a stupid contradictory question in the last?

To question the point of a car due to it being capable if license losing speeds is up there with many surprising statements on here. How many cars on sale today don't break the speed limit if driven to full potential

• Like 2

Even my wife's old 1.5 non turbo 106 diesel has license loosing performance according to some people. I mean it could happily do 90mph so surely why would we need anything more. The point is its fun to have a fast car and that doesn't mean you have to break the law with it. my 2.0tdi Passat was fun to a point but nowhere near as good as my new vrs tsi, in performance or refinement. Just because it's capable of smashing speed limits doesnt mean i have to

• Like 2

Even my wife's old 1.5 non turbo 106 diesel has license loosing performance according to some people. I mean it could happily do 90mph so surely why would we need anything more. The point is its fun to have a fast car and that doesn't mean you have to break the law with it. my 2.0tdi Passat was fun to a point but nowhere near as good as my new vrs tsi, in performance or refinement. Just because it's capable of smashing speed limits doesnt mean i have to

Yes i also do not have to but do it very often in my vrs. Because it is so easy and enjoyable to. Everytime i enter the highway i floor it and boom you are already touching 200. For example on my golf 1.2tsi i usually go very reasonably just because it is my better to drive it comfortably and economically. So whatever you say fast cars do make you go faster and red stitching on the wheel and sits makes it even worst:) 

Edited by KiDr

Seriously, why bother posting on a thread (which is subject to a variety of opinions) saying you respect someone's opinion in the first paragraph and asking a stupid contradictory question in the last?

I was being polite - but your questioning of the point of having higher and higher power cars is irrelevant on this thread!

Have you ever driven anything with 400+ horsepower? It's bloody awesome! You can still drive it at legal speeds, but when you get the opportunity to leather it, beit on a queit stretch of road, or some open countryside with lovely sweeping corners is utterly addictive! Not to mention the noise...

I asked if anyone knew or maybe thought Skoda would release a vRS with the extra poke the Leon Cupra 280 or the Golf R come with...

One reason we are here today (technologically) is because some men have asked What if? Faster, higher, further, better... If not, we'd still be living in the mud throwing **** at each other... :)

• Like 1

I was being polite - but your questioning of the point of having higher and higher power cars is irrelevant on this thread!

Have you ever driven anything with 400+ horsepower? It's bloody awesome! You can still drive it at legal speeds, but when you get the opportunity to leather it, beit on a queit stretch of road, or some open countryside with lovely sweeping corners is utterly addictive! Not to mention the noise...

I asked if anyone knew or maybe thought Skoda would release a vRS with the extra poke the Leon Cupra 280 or the Golf R come with...

One reason we are here today (technologically) is because some men have asked What if? Faster, higher, further, better... If not, we'd still be living in the mud throwing **** at each other... :)

Fair point but just to clarify what I said earlier, I was merely agreeing with the context and spirit of what TheWanderer was saying about the performance capabilities of the new vRS, not actually saying or implying that anything faster than a vRS is pointless. That would be pointless.  :p

I actually seriously considered the Cupra 280 a few months ago because the prices I was being quoted for the 280 were working out just about £1K more than the MSRP of the vRS spec I wanted. I'd even tweeted to @SkodaUK about whether they were going to build an equivalent car to it and the Golf R because, if so, I'd probably have taken the plunge without much thought for any downsides. Why I settled on the Mk3 dIesel vRS instead was merely for practical reasons, including asking myself whether I'd even get to use half of the performance of the 280 regularly. Granted though, that was just a personal decision based on my current needs, not because I think a faster car would be pointless, else I'd have stuck to my relatively-boring Blackline.  :yawn:

Regarding your original question though, I was told by someone at Skoda a couple months ago that they have no plans of building a Golf R/Cupra 280 equivalent. One guy at a dealership suggested it's probably because VW tends to get priority and it could impact the Golf R and Cupra brands. Considering the wait times for the vRS, even if they did a "vRS R", we'd probably be waiting a year for it to be delivered.

My VRS TDI is gonna get the tuning box treatment - which should make it pretty close to 'R' performance.

Reason - not because I want to break speed limits, but because there are so many idiots out there that can't drive and I want to dispatch them quickly and safely in gaps not possible in a less powerful vehicle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think VRS Combi TSI is the most practical, affordable, fast car i could buy. I, as a family man, need a lot of space in the boot, space on back seats, comfort on long journeys for family, but possibility to drive fast alone, take it to a track few times a year. This car really ticks all the boxes for me. But i would surly consider much faster option. That is why i will do stage 2 tuning to the car as soon as i can:) It feels so good to know that you could have a small nuclear explosion under the hood anytime you want. Perfect car for an insane family guy with a sane family:) I had Mitsu Outlander before VRS and everytime i came back from somewhere i just locked it in the garage, now i come back in the evening to check how VRS is doing. I also try to find a reason to go for a drive alone. 

• Like 2