oil consumption test

Still no progress!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Get Tom Chadwick on the phone at Skoda UK CS and don't take any substitutes. He reports to Alistair Stewart Brand Director.

Your treatment has been dreadful ! Loan car or not, you need an immediate resolution to your Case. 

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

It is under sale of goods. And a skoda dealer knows why they are faulty. It is how vw built some. Which ever warranty you are covered. And by sale of goods. Or as it is. Sold faulty goods. Why you were offered a goodwill gesture at the start. tell them to refund you. Ingrams know they are wrong. And they can not fix the car. Even with a new engine.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late replys, I get married Sunday (that's why this hasn't been first priority) getting first part of consumption test done later this week then we are away on our honeymoon and got to drive the 621 miles, customer services tried to fob me off at first but when I said I work for Audi changed their tune and were practically licking my arse telling me to goto my local dealer ASAP and they'll get it sorted and in quote "yeah there is a problem you will probably get a new engine" my car is now about a month out of manufacturers warranty. I'll update at the end of the month when hopefully should have some news.

When I was talking to them I was saying clearly with the amount of engines I know of been replaced why don't they just recall the lot, apparently there isn't a problem she said, said it was chassis number specific.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late replys, I get married Sunday (that's why this hasn't been first priority) getting first part of consumption test done later this week then we are away on our honeymoon and got to drive the 621 miles, customer services tried to fob me off at first but when I said I work for Audi changed their tune and were practically licking my arse telling me to goto my local dealer ASAP and they'll get it sorted and in quote "yeah there is a problem you will probably get a new engine" my car is now about a month out of manufacturers warranty. I'll update at the end of the month when hopefully should have some news.

When I was talking to them I was saying clearly with the amount of engines I know of been replaced why don't they just recall the lot, apparently there isn't a problem she said, said it was chassis number specific.

Thanks for the update, hope the new engine settles in well when you get it fitted. And congratulations on the marriage.

If VAG/ Skoda are seriously suggesting that they are aware that the engine failures would be known to them as they are chassis specific, if they know the chassis numbers of the vehicles with the defective parts and/ or flawed manufacturing parts/ process then they should be finding out where those vehicles are, contacting the owners and resolving the issues. If they really are saying they know which ones will be affected as they know the chassis numbers of those likely to be affected, it is a scandal.

Nope ive to wait another week for an ecu to arrive. Iam one ****ed of skoda driver. Then prob another week to fit it. Prob just to round the time they've had ma car to 3 months.

Hopefully you get your wee car back soon mate, and going like a train with a new engine and ecu properly paired up.

<snip>

The engines have a known fault in many cases, it is just that the VWG do not acknowledge it as such.

<snip>

What is this "known fault" of which you write?

To whom is it known?

Perhaps there was a single identified fault, although I suspect that there were a number of design failures. Certainly VAG replaced the CAVE engine with the CTHE which even you have admitted is more reliable. Why do you feel that VAG need to offer any further acknowledgement?

Perhaps you know the precise nature and causes of "the fault"; if so,don't you think it is about time that you started to backup your allegations with facts?

If you have so little respect for VAG,why don't you opt for something else and give the marque a wide berth?

Starless und Bibel schwarz.

He doesn't have to, as  VAG does know in detail but won't go into writing with an admission.

However, they will continue to replace units, if that's not an admission I don't know what is.

Hope you will enjoy your Fabia .....mk3 when you commit to the spend.

Why don't you go in writing to VAG directly, as you have spent many hours reading owners painful experiences on the many threads on here.

Perhaps with your acquired in depth knowledge you can go to the "Lions den" and extract the facts as they perceive them!

vxh26,

re your post #89,

and all the previous ones in many threads since you joined a year ago and became an expert on the 1.4 TSI /TFSI 132-136 Kw CAVE & CTHE engines produced between 2009-2014,

where you appear to doubt Volkswagen knowing the cause of the faults in the engines they build.,

*The main issue is them trying to treat customers and buyers as though they are stupid,

and not admitting publicly the Issues, and making all their Customer Services Employees aware & allowing them to treat the Customers with Honesty, & try to resolve the known issues.

Instead it is denial, the "Volkswagen Group Way", 'Pretend everything is OK, it is only a small number',

and refusal to accept that Volkswagen Build a number of Faulty Engines,

& had Design & Manufacturing & Quality Control issues.*

(No idea of your Motor Engineering knowledge, or knowledge previously of the cars and engines other than what you read or someone told you.

it was 2014 i think before you drove one, or even opened a bonnet and looked at an engine,

then asked here if it was easy to change the Oil, since you appeared to not have seen where the OIl filter is at the top pf the Engine.)

The faults are well documented and had to be addressed from 2009-2012 by Volkswagen & meant they revised the engines,

and further faults have required addressing since as early CTHE engines failed and more have since 2012-13.

*NOT WELL DOCUMENTED BY VOLKSWAGEN, SKODA, AUDI or SEAT,

you need to get the information from other sources like the Internet & Owners Forums,

because even the Motoring Press have not Documented issues, other than on 'Honest John'.

Maybe you had best look at what the VWG do not say rather than worry about what i say.

Troll the Volkswagen Group, or are you not only a Fan Boy of them but also an employee of them?

Far fetched and a conspiracy too far.  It would be if we had not had other VWG Employees & Dealership employees pretending to just be Forum Users. Bigging up Dealerships etc.

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407682

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

What is this "known fault" of which you write?

To whom is it known?

Perhaps there was a single identified fault, although I suspect that there were a number of design failures. Certainly VAG replaced the CAVE engine with the CTHE which even you have admitted is more reliable. Why do you feel that VAG need to offer any further acknowledgement?

Perhaps you know the precise nature and causes of "the fault"; if so,don't you think it is about time that you started to backup your allegations with facts?

If you have so little respect for VAG,why don't you opt for something else and give the marque a wide berth?

It is an undeniable fact that oil consumption issues with the 132kw - 136kw CAVE engines supplied by VAG to Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda led to VAG having to replace dozens, indeed hundreds of these engines across the group. VAG acknowledge this fact in three ways, one where they change engines on individual vehicles (sometimes more than once per vehicle) where the oil consumption has been such a concern that a business decision has been taken to replace the engine. Secondly, VAG themselves acknowledged the need for reform when they themselves introduced the CTHE engine into existing model range to replace the CAVE engine. And thirdly, when they have replaced engines they have acknowledged the fault is theirs through provision of extra warranty, refunds for oil and compensation to the individual owners.

Specific knowledge of the known fault across the range is held somewhere within VAG, it is incomprehensible to think that a global company would go through the process of not only replacing the concern giving engines at great cost, and then the costs associated with design of the CTHE engine, without someone within VAG wanting to understand the reasons why this had happened, at the very least in order to understand what had happened so that they could avoid similar mistakes in future. Engineers reports on the specific causes of concern will be held by VAG, with a very limited few of owners actually being granted sight of such paperwork. In short, the compilation and analysis of engineers reports on all replaced engines across VAG will mean that someone will have knowledge of the specific cause for concern relating to those aforementioned CAVE engines, and that information on such a scale can only be held within VAG and it's constituent parts. It is wholly unreasonable to expect one customer, or even 10 customers to hold such specific information especially when the manufacturer is reluctant for commercial reasons or otherwise to bring forth confirmation of it's findings.

So, in answer to your first point, and bearing in mind the English language can be a so and so open to so many interpretations, knowledge of the specific fault or indeed faults will only be held by VAG or a select few owners who managed to get sight of an engineers report. Unless you have that information it is speculation as to the exact cause, but the undeniable fact is that hundreds of engines have been changed for reasons known to the manufacturer.

In answer to your second point, see above. Only VAG or specific owners with engineers report can provide detail of reasons why engine changes were required. It would only be through analysis of these reports that a recognition could be achieved of what the fault, or indeed faults were with the CAVE engine.

George can answer the other points about backing up allegations himself, I think the line you are taking marks you out as either trolling to upset or perhaps worse still, being a company insider determined to force George and others to back off. It is a concern that honest john is the only avenue of communication available that has openly questioned the build quality and reliability of the CAVE engine, it suggests to me that VAG have a grip over the other outlets for voicing such concerns, not to suppress you understand, of course.

I have a respect for Skoda, I feel in fact that the people I had dealings with at Customer Service were fine to deal with on the whole, but have to say they played everything with a dead bat. Absolutely no admission that they knew of more than one instance where this had happened, nor an adequate explanation as to what had actually gone wrong. Is this because they are advised to take this stance, or is it because the people you speak to are not technicians? I know what I think.

• Like 3

And while we are talking King Crimson, never mind Starless and Bible black, I talk to the wind came to mind.

Said the straight man to the late man
Where have you been
I've been here and I've been there
And I've been in between.

I talk to the wind
My words are all carried away
I talk to the wind
The wind does not hear
The wind cannot hear.

I'm on the outside looking inside
What do I see
Much confusion, disillusion
All around me.

You don't possess me
Don't impress me
Just upset my mind
Can't instruct me or conduct me
Just use up my time

I talk to the wind
My words are all carried away
I talk to the wind
The wind does not hear
The wind cannot hear

• Like 1

It is an undeniable fact that oil consumption issues with the 132kw - 136kw CAVE engines supplied by VAG to Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda led to VAG having to replace dozens, indeed hundreds of these engines across the group. VAG acknowledge this fact  <snip>

That was rather my point; VAG have recognised that there were issues with the twincharged engine, have identified the cause(s), have developed and introduced an improved version and have replaced faulty examples. Only the most incredibly naive person (e.g. George) would expect a manufacturer to assist their competitors by disclosing any details at all of a R&D failure - let them learn from their own failures!

I can't help but be amused by the fact that George bases his whining attitude on a document from a tuning company and a post by a guy who claims to "have now at long last managed to conquer stage 3 tuning on this engine". It is no wonder that Skoda are sceptical about your claim that your engine just happened to expire as you were on your way to Morrison's for a six-pack of extra strength IrnBru ;)

The Twincharger engine and the DSG box are fantastic bits of automotive engineering; it is just unfortunate that the former happened to attract the attention of a number of people who are determined to damage its reputation. I can quite understand why Skoda are reluctant to repeat the mistake with the Mk.III.

It is not a R&D Failure when 1,800 people in the UK own the vRS with the CAVE Engine,

then the revised engine starts off with some Failures.

Then there are the owners in other World Regions, & owners of the 3 Sister Cars.

As well as this, Owners of cars out of the 2 or 3 year Manufacturers Warranty as set loose to pay for the 

work on the cars VW or you to be consider Real World R&D vehicles privately owned.

George does not base anything on that LInks to the REVO Site or the Cupra Forum,

he posts those for the likes of you.  Easy to post and read for people with no knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.

George has copies of the Independent Experts reports & knows what the issues are,.

The same Reports used for Warranty Claims against VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi.

You have no knowledge or experience of the engines or the engineering and are a wind up merchant.

You do not seem to know or give consideration that the former CEO of VW USA is the Chairperson of Volvo,

and Volvo are going ahead with the Twinchargers.

The Competition know what VW got wrong, just as VW do, and the other Parts Manufacturers do.

It is you that is in the Dark really.

Fantastic Engines & Gearboxes, which is why i like them and so do so many.

Very advanced, after all VW gain experience from the Failures, but at Buyers Expense.

?

How many are recalled and subject to Service Campaigns in other World Regions?

That is after extreme Pressure from Governments & Agencies because the VWG have a default position 

of denial which the German Government & other EU Governments and agencies let them get away with.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

George does not base anything on that,

he posts for the likes of you. Easy to post and read for people with no knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.

George has copies of the Independent Experts reports & knows what the issues are,.

The same Reports used for Warranty Claims against VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi.

You have no knowledge or experience of the engines or the engineering and are a wind up merchant.

I'd agree with this, certainly knows his stuff from what I've read in his threads.

And while we are talking King Crimson

<snip>

Dylan Thomas actually, the opening of Under Milk Wood.

As to you George, I believe that Ford, Renault, Honda, Subaru and many others produce some excellent cars and are very customer friendly. Why don't you buy one of their cars and have a moan about that?

Edited by vxh26

Funny thing is that i do not have a faulty Skoda & never have.

& i happen to have no problems dealing with Skoda or VW,  but that is maybe because i understand consumer rights and law.

Also i have a bit of an understanding on Skoda Warranties, Dealerships and workshops.

So i will stay with Skoda for now thanks,

but that is a good point you made and you should maybe continue with that yourself, stay well clear of the brand.

Or were you considering getting a All New 3rd Generation Fabia?

george

• Like 2