Police Skodas

myvRS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... the pic in that other thread looks like the back of the new(ish) Farmers of Leicester.

I often see a police Octavia around Leicester. For some reason this tends to hang around the Thurmaston Asda late at night. Has anyone else noticed that 24 hour supermarkets nearly always have a police car parked outside?

Leicestershire police also have some Fabias but these are clearly marked something like 'Community Support Officer'.

Many of the officers which use these vehicles, myself included, have purchased there own octavia VRS as we have been so impressed with the cars abilities & reliability.
That's good to hear. :thumbup:
Well I do know that they are not chipped. :D
As in not chipped by the same people who didn't chip yours, Des? :rolleyes:

East Sussex have at least 1 vRS estate, all stickered, and according to police chap driving it have more. They have lost a coupla sumps chasing muppets and make thier own sumpguards!! Officer said one of em lost the whole bottom end of a vRS engine going field racing!!! OUCH!!

• Administrators

It is good to hear...unless you bump into one; not literally, but ba it's late.

Yes good they are used.

Sump guards, yes I think it's weakness, even the mighty hieghts of the 4x4 are not immune to loosing the odd sump, I even caught mine a few times.

The islanders in Scotland are well switched onto them...mine as parked up in ballamory and a young lass was overheard, thats an RS that is...yet it clearly states it's a 1.4.

Won't be long before people pull over for you :D Stu ;)

It is good to hear...unless you bump into one; not literally' date=' but ba it's late.

Yes good they are used.

Sump guards, yes I think it's weakness, even the mighty hieghts of the 4x4 are not immune to loosing the odd sump, I even caught mine a few times.

The islanders in Scotland are well switched onto them...mine as parked up in ballamory and a young lass was overheard, thats an RS that is...yet it clearly states it's a 1.4.

Won't be long before people pull over for you :D Stu ;)[/quote']

Actually had a bloke on "The Big Roundabout" (M25) drop to 70mph for about 5 miles cos all he saw in the dark was a white car with writing on the bonnet. I let him sweat for a tiny bit then went past (evil bu**er aint I) ROFLMFAO!!! :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

So the consensus is the Police vRS is not tampered with in any way(apart from lights etc)

Only reason I mention it is I always thought the Police did the odd bit of tweaking to their cars(suspension, engine) and they were also fastidiously maintained making them not a bad second hand buy(for peanuts)

Maybe its just one of those myths or the RS is obviously quite competent enough as standard.

Does anyone know the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth(an insider is going to disappoint me now,I know it :rolleyes:)

Didn't realise field racing was something coppers did :rofl:

It's amazing how little sumps get shielded (on most cars) considering the amount of crud on the road, the depth of potholes offsetting any height suspension you may have... Usually potholes are to be found on junctions where you can't avoid them if you stay in the correct lane so it seems, or even on motorways - bleedin' pain when you slam down into one of the b*st*rd things at speed :(

i reckon it will be fun if merseyside police ever ue silver fabs at least peole will slow down or let me past especially if i am wearing a black top :D i know childish can't wait to go on holiday now and try and spot them at least there will beqite a lot more of was it you's and some police officers will probably even wave thinking you are one of them ;) i'll still drive my fab vrs (silver) round. traffic cop this morning was staring at car intently youngish i looked back and smiled. :)

So the consensus is the Police vRS is not tampered with in any way(apart from lights etc)

Only reason I mention it is I always thought the Police did the odd bit of tweaking to their cars(suspension' date=' engine) and they were also fastidiously maintained making them not a bad second hand buy(for peanuts)

Maybe its just one of those myths or the RS is obviously quite competent enough as standard.

Does anyone know the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth(an insider is going to disappoint me now,I know it :rolleyes:)

Kent's vRS estates are NOT modified in any way other than having sump guards fitted. I can't speak for any other force, but i would very much doubt it for cost reasons.

I certainly wouldn't buy an ex-job one - they're generally abused to within an inch of their lives and are normally only maintained when something goes wrong, rather than regularly and often :( It says a lot for them that they stand up to it so well.

M20 sunday 6th spotted unmarked silver octy vrs on the hard shoulder,flashing red and blue lights in the rear window, had just pulled someone over. I never noticed a briskoda sticker.

I remember years ago pulling up next to a plod metro at the trafic lights (i was also driving a metro) their car was much higher than mine and looked like it had off road tyres fitted to it. I always thought cop cars were plodified. :rofl:

Bonjour, after reading through this lot i thought i would add my bit to all of you in the sexy south!

See i have this mate who owns a body shop is Skoda approved and just happens to have the Hampshire Police contract for when they forget how to drive and smash em up etc.. :D

Anywho, Mr & Mrs Filth have currently on the M27/M3 etc etc 3 yes 3 unmarked VRS Ocatvias, red one, silver one and a black chipped one that is there armed response vehicle, of which has blown up no less then twice!!! (it has five gears, try using em, i hear u cry)

To make matters worse they also have 2 unmarked Subaru's on 54 plates and get this, the nobbers are wearing plane clothes!!!!!!! :finger:

Honest truth i've seen one with me own eyes.

To top all this off CID are driving round in a x-type Jaguar! (green)

So if you live down here or coming down for any reason, stick to them speed limits guys.

Regards

Keith.

I've seen 2 police Skoda's in Nottingham this week, first was a silver Octy Estate which I saw doing a U turn in busy traffic, then again about half a mile later where they'd pulled someone up.

Second was a Octy vRS in full police colours - looked quite good actually.

Vince

Only reason I mention it is I always thought the Police did the odd bit of tweaking to their cars(suspension' date=' engine) and they were also fastidiously maintained making them not a bad second hand buy(for peanuts)

The one by me has a full black leather interior , so thats one thing to distinguish it from the normal VRS , and I have been told that the engines have been mildly remapped (the word superchips was mentioned) to about 210 bhp

On a personal note i wouldnt buy an ex job vRS Octavia! I know first hand how they are treated!!

As far as being chiped.... the force wouldnt pay the money so no they are not (in Leicestershire).

I was out in the silver unmarked Occy for the last 3 nights. Very nice it is and good for creeping up on the (lawfully challenged!) sh*ts!

Im trying to decide on a chipped vRS or Leon Cupra R at the moment for my own car. What kind of bhp can u get from a chipped vRS?

I know that Avon and Somerset are using Unmarked Silver VRs's aswell after getting a tug on the M32 a couple nights ago :(

Another 3 points :eek:

You can't use the old "ah come on it's a skoda it won't go THAT fast" excuse anymore :D

Also seen 3 in convoy in town the other night aswell, these were marked up.

I certainly wouldn't buy an ex-job one - they're generally abused to within an inch of their lives and are normally only maintained when something goes wrong' date=' rather than regularly and often :( It says a lot for them that they stand up to it so well.[/quote']

I've just bought a vRS and am currently selling an ex-police Volvo T5 which has a full service history and has been serviced every 6k miles despite the manufacturer suggesting that they only need servicing every 10k miles.

I've never heard of police vehicles being left unserviced. Imagine the stink that would get kicked up if the HSE found out that plod was driving round in potentially unsafe vehicles?