Rear Anti Roll Bar question again

Been looking at this Whiteline RARB http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia2/whiteline-rear-anti-roll-bar-24mm-bwr20xz

Im not wanting to lower my car so will this be fine with the rest of the car standard?

Are the differences worth the £160 price?

I've also seen this Neuspeed one http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia2/neuspeed-rear-race-anti-roll-bar-golf5-6-jetta-a38p-25mm-25-02-25-3 Is this much better or best to stick with the Whiteline?

Noticed on their website there is also this http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia2/whiteline-rear-sway-bar-link-assembly-heavy-duty-adj-steel-ball-klc141 Do i need this too and what does it do?

EDIT

Is there anything else i need with the Whiteline or can i just buy it and fit it?

I got the VW Racing one which is adjustable (as these others may be too). I think there are lots of good choices. I am very pleased with mine but that probably doesn't help you much.

The majorlty of people on here have the whiteline set on medium setting. Honestly though your like me, i said just roll bar with no lowering but once you realise how good the roll bar is you will want more! Im waiting on my 30mm springs to be delivered. Lol.

The majorlty of people on here have the whiteline set on medium setting. Honestly though your like me, i said just roll bar with no lowering but once you realise how good the roll bar is you will want more! Im waiting on my 30mm springs to be delivered. Lol.

Too true. If you want to save a lot of money don't even get started on changing anything.

• Like 1

Does anyone with the Whiteline kit know if you need anything else extra in order to mount the rarb? Like mounts, nuts bolts etc.

didn't need extra bits when i had mine installed.

comes with everything u need to fit/install.

I got a good deal from DPM Performance for purchasing the H&R -50 kit and the Whiteline RARB.

They are now on the car and its really nice an smooth to drive now.

Been reading a lot about the various RARB available for the Octavia and a couple of questions

1. The whiteline has had a number of issues with noise. i believe that this is due to either the quality of the grease supplied and/or the bushes. If  i purchase the whiteline is is recommended that i buy a set of Neuspeed RARB bushes http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia2/neuspeed-arb-bushing-kit-28mm and some quality grease to miniminse the effects of the noise.

2. Failing that i have read some good reviews of the H&R RARB but eveywhere i look these seem to come as a pair Front and rear. can you purchase just an H&R RARB on its own/ The general conscensus seems to focus on the Rear rather than both.

3. None of the discussion groups seem to talk about the need to use upgraded RARB drop links. is this something worth considering.

Appriciate any guidance on the above.

Edited by Finger1963

I had an autotech (hollow) rear bar on mine initially.  good kit and light too but squeaked.  better grease helped as did better bushes.

i now have the h&r rear bar.  yes you can buy just the rear bar on its own.  its the only bar that i'm aware that has teflon inserts in the bushes to reduce noise.  as per JR's comments above, you don't need anything else to fit these.

Some better grease. The supplied stuff in the sachets is ****e and only lasted a few weeks.

Totally agree mine used to squeak like a whores wooden bed it was awful.

Best addition you can buy for the car. 

i now have the h&r rear bar.  yes you can buy just the rear bar on its own.  its the only bar that i'm aware that has teflon inserts in the bushes to reduce noise.

Spoke to Awesome and they only provide H&R in Front and rear Pairs. can you confirm where you obtained just a H&R RARB.

My Whiteline RARB has never squeeked or groaned or knocked. Used the supplied grease.

There was a vaguely related topic concerning a difficult to diagnose noise from the front of certain Octavias. Turned out it was a slight misalignment/twist to the front antiroll bar mtgs.

Maybe worth checking?

Same here and Alex is a nice chap to deal with too, very helpful. I just fitted the H&R RARB and it make a huge difference. It's not much fun to drive as it reveals how lame the steering feel is, mine drives like a Citroën xantia; flat cornering but no idea how close you are to the limits of grip until there isn't any. It's quick in the dry but as I said not what I'd describe as fun.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

My Whiteline RARB has never squeeked or groaned or knocked. Used the supplied grease.

There was a vaguely related topic concerning a difficult to diagnose noise from the front of certain Octavias. Turned out it was a slight misalignment/twist to the front antiroll bar mtgs.

Maybe worth checking?

my rarb squaked initially on bumps - it turned out one of the mounting brackets was slightly misaligned during installation.

after being realigned it was fine and never has been an issue since.

only used the suppied grease.

I have spoken to AKS and have booked in for the 24th June to have the following undertaken

1. H&R RARB fitted

2. H&R 35mm springs fitted

3. Super pro Bushes front control arm - Alex seems to think this will improve steering

4. Full Wheel alignment

Only recently purched the Octy 2009 with 34k on the clock, the previous owner already carried out a Shark Remap but think these added mods will make it a more enjoyable ride.

Will post pictures when complete, thanks again for everyones help.

• Like 3