Wot, no speed cameras!

Fortunately, the car should be equipped with a better detection device, which can also notice wobbly drunks stumbling along the pavement, children running along the grass verge or a ball bouncing out of a driveway: The driver.

• Like 1

Am I missing something or are there no speed camera settings with the Columbus Sat Nav?

Never has been speed cameras with the Columbus, original or MIB version.

You can add your own as POIs, get a subscription to PGPSW.

You won't get an audible warning though, the best you can do is show them on the map.

Fortunately, the car should be equipped with a better detection device, which can also notice wobbly drunks stumbling along the pavement, children running along the grass verge or a ball bouncing out of a driveway: The driver.

Is this a cryptic clue or just sarcasm?

You won't get an audible warning though, the best you can do is show them on the map.

Thanks for that. As a matter of interest, What is

Thanks for that. As a matter of interest, What is

Sorry, meant to ask What is MIB?

PGPS World as above rocks.

I use a 2006 vintage Garmin Sat Nag in unfamiliar areas with PGPS POIs to alert.

Their Androind app doesn't work on my samsung so boo to latest tech.

Use the Maxi dot and have MPH displayed. A quick glance at the Nav shows the speed limit for the road you are on.

Am I missing something or are there no speed camera settings with the Columbus Sat Nav?

In most European countries it is illegal to show speed camera warnings - I don't know of any factory OEM sat - navs that have that database for that reason.

No OEM system that I am aware of allows it, as mentioned there is a kind of work around via POIs which you can add your own.

The reason its missing is because car makers do not like to be seen to support speeding, so its omitted, there is also a legal argument of what would happen if you had the function enabled, but got a speeding ticket because the car never informed you of the camera. A number of EU countries also prohibit the use of even GPS based camera locations. Another reason is that the data would also become out of date very quickly.

One reason not to specify a £1350 option, you can have Scamera warnings from PGPSW & a decent PND from Garmin for less than £300.

Yeah there are times when I wish I'd specified the Columbus, but overall I wouldn't have got any return on it when I trade in the car in 20-24 months time and I prefer the portability factor of a PND that you can take with you, then there's the "less to go wrong" factor too.

In most European countries it is illegal to show speed camera warnings - I don't know of any factory OEM sat - navs that have that database for that reason.

Renault Carminat OEM comes with Speed Cameras, with the warning that they have to be turned off in certain countries. The Carminat is light years ahead of the Columbus, which is a source of much disappointment to me. The Lane Guidance, for example, just shows small arrows on the screen, whereas the Carminat duplicates the actual overhead signs that you see on the Motorways (throughout Europe). It also shows plan views of roundabouts and other junctions. Unless I haven't sussed it yet, the best the Columbus can do is show roundabout exits on the Maxidot.

My 2013 Renault Megane (company car, dont hate me!) had speed camera alerts as standard. However it was tomtom branded.

My Laguna was Carminat (VDO Dayton based), with speed cameras. To think, I've traded it in for this heap!

Dave sorry I should have warned you, the informat system only looks good, behind that glossy cover its a short on user functionality POS and thats offical, SWMBO said so.

Too right, I couldn't agree more. I'm very disappointed with some aspects of the car. I should have done much more research before trusting the motoring press with their 5* glowing reports. Coming from a Renault Laguna Initiale with every conceivable "extra" fitted as standard was always going to involve some compromise, but I didn't expect some things to be worse than those designed back in 2007, capability of the satnav and no cruise control on the steering wheel to name two. Might see if I can get the Renault back from the Dealer! Anybody fancy a 4 day old Octy?

Yeah some bits ain't all I'd hoped they would be but, bang for buck nothing else got close to the Octavia as I needed the space for family stuff. I only went Elegance as it was cheaper on a PCP than a SE with an arm rest and 225 tyres.