Bi Xenon Controller Problem?

First off i know it has been discussed in other posts but i'm not sure it has been answered.

I like a few others keep getting the "Check right hand side sidelight" error so have booked it into the dealers and the service manager mentioned that it's a software update to the controller to fix it and not a replacement controller.

Now reading other posts it looks like it needs the headlight controller replacing, now i hear there is a Skoda technical bulletin about this issue, has anybody seen it or can post a link to it please.

My car is a 1st of March 2014 so would have thought it would have the latest software.

The only real reason behind my query is that i would like it sorted in the one visit and not have to go back for them to fit a new controller after all.

Cheers

The only real reason behind my query is that i would like it sorted in the one visit and not have to go back for them to fit a new controller after all.

Cheers

They won't order the parts without first diagnosing the the fault so i suspect you're going to struggle with that...

First off i know it has been discussed in other posts but i'm not sure it has been answered.

I like a few others keep getting the "Check right hand side sidelight" error so have booked it into the dealers and the service manager mentioned that it's a software update to the controller to fix it and not a replacement controller.

Now reading other posts it looks like it needs the headlight controller replacing, now i hear there is a Skoda technical bulletin about this issue, has anybody seen it or can post a link to it please.

My car is a 1st of March 2014 so would have thought it would have the latest software.

Cheers

My colleague has the same problem and the same warning message.

When the lights come up the right one starts to flicker and sometimes remains on/sometimes switches off.

This is a March car too, an Elegance with xenons but without LED DRL.

He will book his car next week, so we will see what happens.

I think they will check for fault codes first.

I haven't seen the bulletin, but am sure it's not just a software update, as the dealer couldn't fix mine on a visit for two other issues besides the Bi Xenon controller fault (turn engine sound 'symposer' down, fix headlamp washer covers so they fully retracted) because they had to order a new controller. They contacted me to book another appointment when the new controller was in stock.

I had similar on mine and first they changed the bulb - which of course didn't work. Then they found the bulletin and were a bit foxed as the car (another March car) was at the right software level.

Skoda then told them to change the controller -which they had to order.

The dealer were good and loaned me a 1.4TSI Rapid - which is a bonkers car- for the duration.

I had a nearside dipped fault warning although the light was on it had flickered a few times. Took it to Skoda and they said they had a bulletin about changing the controller and after two weeks wait(for an appointment with a courtesy car available) they changed it for me. My car was delivered in march too. Seems all well and good now though

They won't order the parts without first diagnosing the the fault so i suspect you're going to struggle with that...

I guess the fault has already been diagnosed hence the Tech bulletin.

I guess the fault has already been diagnosed hence the Tech bulletin.

They still won't order potentially expensive parts without looking at the car.

Was this a bad batch of components fitted in Jan/ February 2014 then? Or just coincidence ?

I doubt it i think it's more wide spread :(

I went in after RH Dipped problem with my xenons. I said I'd heard there was a bulletin, she checked and said she'd order a part, and assuming I had a the serial number of one of the known faulty units, it would be changed. It went in and was changed.

Did have to go back about a week later when RH LED's stopped working intermittantly, and they did a software update to cure it.

All good since then

Allegedly it had something to do with the headlights being stuck in transport mode, we shall wait and see if that has fixed it, it's all good though i got a free car wash which was surely needed. 

yeah i got told it was something to do with transport mode too. My servicing dealer blamed the PDI-ing dealer, but looks like it was a fairly common fault. never mind. mines been fine since

As expected the fault has reoccured.

They want me to leave it with them as of next Wednesday but are only going to give me a rapid spaceback which i don't mind for a day or two but need a larger car that's why i bought an Octavia estate!  

• Like 1

They want it to investigate the problem,  i just need a larger car than they are offering..

The main problem being is it doesn't show on the computer as there ever being an error so they want the car to investigate whether or not there is one.

Or they suggested 

I bring the car to them when i get one, she was a little miffed when i asked for her mobile number if it happens after hours.     

• Like 2

Aye the only time i didn't have my phone i had just nipped to the council tip with some junk.

But i have given Skoda a bell let them deal with it.

This is a bit of a let down really. Mine first gave me the fault a week or so after I picked up the car (early march). They took it in and checked it and couldn't find anything. However when I went to pickup the car they said there had been a service bulletin about the issue and how it would require a new controller which they would order and fit. No beating around the bush from them.

• Like 1

Just spoken with SUK , apparently the dealer should put me in a car the same size as the one i'm in , and the Tech Bulletin i was shown was only step one of the fault finding / fixing process.

• Like 1