Side stripe decals for mk3 Octy vRS - thoughts?

I can see this will divide opinion but personally I'm with vrskeith.

I prefer to keep things low key.

• Like 2

Plain stripe could look ok on a white car, note sure about the massive vRS lettering though.

Something like the DTUK car without the lettering would be cool.

Why not combine with bonnet bra, beaded car seat, eyelashes and wind deflectors?  Would be unique.

Now that is OTT!

But unique!

• Like 1

I can see this will divide opinion but personally I'm with vrskeith.

I prefer to keep things low key.

So far the opinion seem to be pretty much aligned...and rightly so.

• Like 1

Hee hee. I was never serious about this. Really?...why would anyone do this, but wanted to see the reaction\responses. And there have been some crackers! BA Baracus, yours was defintely the best of the bunch - I nearly wet myself laughing. Thanks all for your brilliant responses. Now need to think about another serious posting (ahem).

• Like 1

I have the genuine skoda carbon effect side stripes and boot strip and the car only gets positive comments. The above ones look cheap and too large/don't follow the lines of the car. Have a look at skodas own

I have the genuine skoda carbon effect side stripes and boot strip and the car only gets positive comments. The above ones look cheap and too large/don't follow the lines of the car. Have a look at skodas own

photo please.

...would be cool.

But I don't think your average Skoda driver cares about looking cool anymore - I'll personally leave the looking cool to the young uns and their associated higher insurance premiums.

Where did you get them from please Parsey? I wanted these and the boot spoiler for an Elegance but SUK have said they are not available in the UK.

It's frustrating that Skoda don't offer and miss out on these additional revenue items whilst the likes of Seat can be more accommodating. I accept it's not the same client base but the inability to make your vehicle a bit different is making me look elsewhere for my next car.

Hee hee. I was never serious about this. Really?...why would anyone do this, but wanted to see the reaction\responses. And there have been some crackers! BA Baracus, yours was defintely the best of the bunch - I nearly wet myself laughing. Thanks all for your brilliant responses. Now need to think about another serious posting (ahem).

Hey, you're bloody mad you are.

The proper OE ones are actually quite nice.

But I don't think your average Skoda driver cares about looking cool anymore - I'll personally leave the looking cool to the young uns and their associated higher insurance premiums.

That's fine, I won't be fitting them to my vRS and I'd imagine you're average Focus or Golf driver isn't interested in this type of addition either but they are still plenty of options available for those who do.

I don't know what the average age is for a Skoda driver, are they considered an old persons car?

And sneaky OP for starting a thread only to provoke a reaction, :p

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

FOR ME it's a no, in my opinion it cheapens the look of the and is akin to sticking two "go faster stripes" up the centre of the car.

However that being said, it's not my car so if YOU like it then go for it.