Fabia VRS oil consumption..........What is acceptable?

Hi all

Mines FINALLY having an oil consumption test the supplying garage have been told to do 600 miles in the car. Haven't people on here previously done 300 miles instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows what is the accepted procedure /process anymore?

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Aye, the engine is now in stock & the car goes in a week on Tuesday :dance:

When will the job be done and car handed back to you and Mum? WIP currently I guess.

Nice.

Is it a Warranty for 5 years that the car had from new, or the dealer put on or you chose & paid for?

So that is a CAVE engine.

Very low miles, so who owned it, and is it up to date, ?

ECU Update done, & Service Campaign carried out on the DSG ?

• Like 1

Nice.

Is it a Warranty for 5 years that the car had from new, or the dealer put on or you chose & paid for?

So that is a CAVE engine.

Very low miles, so who owned it, and is it up to date, ?

ECU Update done, & Service Campaign carried out on the DSG ?

From what I remember saying the warranty is from the original and has another 6 months to run. Then have 2 years dealer warrenty on top of that.

Car has had 1 owner with FSH

Don't know about the other stuff but the guy I am dealing with told me the service team had Carte Blanche to get it ready for me picking it up on Saturday so I would assume so.

Anything anyone would reccommend asking?

Good on the 2 Year Extended Warranty.

Full service history will be,

First Minor Service June 2013, 

2nd Major Service June 2014, Pollen Filter Changed even though the Mileage was low.

So the things i would ask are,

Is this the Original Engine in the car, and not a replacement engine.?

(Because some Replaced engines have the car getting an Extended Warranty for 2 years)

Was the car rejected by the previous owner?

Is there any Warranty Work History on the car, 

was it necessary to do a Oil Consumption Test or Breather Mod?

Did the car go on the Diagnostics and has it the Latest Skoda ECU Update?

Has the car required the DSG Service Campaign.

PS

The car is a little expensive for what you can get much newer CTHE for,

Those are after September 2012, the Revised Engine.

If all is OK & no Warranty History for anything major, all should be good.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I really can't wait to go get it. I'm going from a Toyota Aygo to this so really am like a kid at Christmas. Will make sure to ask all of the stuff you mentioned. The sales guy seemed pretty genuine and like I say its a main dealer so I'm hoping things go good

The car should be great.

But you need to be aware there were 1,800 sold between June 2010 & September 2012 with those engines,.

& several hundred have had replacement engines or major issues and owners complaining of high oil use,

so cars had a Breather Mod & ECU Update.

Now if only 3 out of 10 have an issue, there are 7 good ones in every 10.

But the Dealerships do sell cars that have had new engines, some that had 2 engines,

but in 19,000 miles thats unlikely.

If you ask the questions, they need to be honest, and then you know the story.

Ask if it was a Private Owner, was it a Lease Car, or do they know its History,

But have them check the Warranty History & Print it out.

• Like 1

The car should be great.

But you need to be aware there were 1,800 sold between June 2010 & September 2012 with those engines,.

& several hundred have had replacement engines or major issues and owners complaining of high oil use,

so cars had a Breather Mod & ECU Update.

Now if only 3 out of 10 have an issue, there are 7 good ones in every 10.

But the Dealerships do sell cars that have had new engines, some that had 2 engines,

but in 19,000 miles thats unlikely.

If you ask the questions, they need to be honest, and then you know the story.

Ask if it was a Private Owner, was it a Lease Car, or do they know its History,

But have them check the Warranty History & Print it out.

I seem to remember him saying the warranty was clear but I might have just misheard him saying something else in my excitement.

With 2 and a half years of warranty left though, even if I have a few niggles there is time to get it sorted, though obviously I'd prefer to just have one of the 7 good ones

When will the job be done and car handed back to you and Mum? WIP currently I guess.

Any update news Stirling MG, or don't you get the car back until next week?

Can't wait to hear that your Mum is enjoying that new motor. 

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604786768

Im  picking this up saturday, got it with a 2 years extended warranty and is from a main dealer so lets hope I have no issues.

Didnt think they were selling for that much, blimey thats a surprise. Suddenly the trade in price ive been offered dont sound so good haha. Still, they are great cars and im sure you are gonna enjoy it, hopefully you got a good one... they are out there, the only time i top up with oil is when the dealer under fills it on the service.

• Like 1

I seem to remember him saying the warranty was clear but I might have just misheard him saying something else in my excitement.

With 2 and a half years of warranty left though, even if I have a few niggles there is time to get it sorted, though obviously I'd prefer to just have one of the 7 good ones

Like geoff has said, you need to make sure that the car is not a lemon owned by a lease company or rejected etc. Although its good to have a warranty it won't take long to get fed up of the going back and forth to the dealership, getting fobbed off, worrying, waiting for the call back etc.

I know you are excited but just take a step back as you are paying strong money for a CAVE engined car.

Personally speaking (and I mean no disrespect to CAVE owners) I wouldn't touch a CAVE car regardless of warranty as I find all the dealer battles the most stressful part and from what I can gather they don't just roll over and plop in a new engine. I've got too many other things to be doing than worrying about oil loss and dealer bull****.

• Like 1

Any update news Stirling MG, or don't you get the car back until next week?

Can't wait to hear that your Mum is enjoying that new motor. 

Goes in on Tuesday, courtesy car arranged etc.

She got a nice phone call from Skoda following her email, they have given her a 2 year extension on warranty through Car Care Plan I think she said..................................I think this only covers the new lump & associated bits & not the rest of the car but that's fine at least she has some peace of mind at last.

• Like 2

How can we get a copy of the car's history................as in warranty work, recalls etc? Skoda said the dealer should be able to provide it, the dealer said it's all there & they can view it but can't give us a copy

Just said they couldn't/wouldn't do it :wonder:

Get your Mum to speak nicely to Skoda UKCS, as she does and get them to action the dealer to do so! Finally the dealer can post it to you, with a compliments card inside.

It's simply called bloody good CS. Remember dealership service department "Customer is King" and don't forget it.

Get your Mum to speak nicely to Skoda UKCS, as she does and get them to action the dealer to do so! Finally the dealer can post it to you, with a compliments card inside.

It's simply called bloody good CS. Remember dealership service department "Customer is King" and don't forget it.

Aye I'll tell her to ask, just be interesting to know...............................one thing they did tell us was there had been no previous history regarding the oil issue, why would you put up with it on such a new car????