Whats best mpg youve had

I make a habbit of driving as ecconomically as I can. I often get more than 60mpg on a journey, sometimes alot more. I'm at 740 miles from the current tank (a couple of long trips and about 50 short journeys of 8 miles or less). The range is showing 45 miles but even when it hits 0, I'll only get 55 litres in it.

785 / 55 X 4.54 = 64.78mpg over the tank.

It is a Greenline though.

I can believe the 1.6TDi will do 60+ under the right conditions, mate uses a Rapid and that's constantly on 50mpg on the urban cycle.

If it didn't regularly and easily do 60+ there'd be no reason for buying one over the 2.0CR diesel

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was a nice evening last week, traffic was pretty clear, so took my usual commute home at a relaxed pace.  It's 65 miles of mostly motorway and dual-carriageways.  Drove my usual kind of speed and didn't bang it through the gears.  Could have tried even harder, but wanted to drive in a realistic manner.

It showed mid-70s mpg for the journey on the maxidot. Mine tends to read about 5-10% over, typically. 

The trip is showing 759 miles for the tank.  It's usually 54 litres that goes back in to brim it.  So, I'm already at 63.9mpg for the tank with some left to go before refilling.

For those interested in economy, you will note my car has covered 56,000 miles.  I'm still on original brake discs and pads; original tyres all-round.  Front tyres are good for at least another 10-20k, rears are only half way through.  The GreenLine II has by far the lowest running costs of any car I've ever had.  Given its other great attributes, it is by far the best commuting car I've been anywhere near. 

post-85802-0-39489600-1407060476_thumb.jpg

post-85802-0-79754900-1407060495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules Tohpipi

If it didn't regularly and easily do 60+ there'd be no reason for buying one over the 2.0CR diesel

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Except for those of us with company cars, where the BIK tax and government recommended private mileage costs can save quite a bit over three years. 

• 4 months later...

I managed 72.1 mpg in my 170cr manual on a 60 mile A road journey once... Only once though and highly unlikely to ever happen again lol. Had my mk1 vrs down to 2 mpg but I'm not saying where or what speed I was doing lol!

MPG is my Holy Grail, im a taxi driver doing 500 miles a week on 1 school contract (lowest tenders win) always looking to up the number of pupils im now on £500 a week for it, (possible extra £100 a week soon) or £80 worth of fuel at about 40mpg (ish) so 60mpg would reduce my school year fuel bill by about £700

on Saturdays and school hols i do town taxi work (cash is king)

My Mondeo 130ps tdci did 49mpg (true average) the trip would lie to 60mpg

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/

and yes, id love a Tesla ....

Edited by lichfielddriver

• 3 months later...

Driving uphill at maximum revs, towing a caravan and with the handbrake on, the best I've managed is 4.3mpg.  Bring it, people.

My Greenline is still averaging 65-67 brim to brim.  It occurred to me a few weeks ago that one way that this could be inaccurate and artificially enhance the mpg would be if the odometer over reads.   So what I have done a few times since is set the GPS when I have been doing a long straight run up the A1 or M1 for 100 miles or so.  Much to my surprise the odometer and the GPS hardly varied in terms of distance travelled.  The odometer does over read, but its about 1-1.5 per-cent which wouldn't even make 1mpg difference on a brim to brim test.  I guess it really is as cheap to run as my wallet is telling me.

The eco version of the new Ford Mondeo 1.6 diesel is also getting some great economy figures as well I am being told, but I haven't had a chance to drive one yet. 

Driving uphill at maximum revs, towing a caravan and with the handbrake on, the best I've managed is 4.3mpg.  Bring it, people.

You arent alone !

P1010620.jpg

3 people on board otherwise unladen , French traffic jam