Best fuel range yet!

Filled up my vRS SE yesterday and the trip reckoned I had a 705 mile range!

No venting, was only just on the red and put in 37 litres. Quite impressed.

My commute has changed from 4 miles of busy urban a day to 32 miles of rural and urban mix a day. Averaging (according to trip) 60-70mpg per day.

Edited by Ad Lav

Best I had was on a long rural drive. Had done over 150 miles and the range was still showing 650 miles. Soon killed it though as we were in holiday and lots of short journeys!

I don't think I could maintain 80mpg for too long - the roads I use now are A roads and vary from 30, 40, 50 and 60mph.

See how it drops this week after a few days :)

• Like 1

I just returned from a long trip to York and back. I filled the car just after I left home and the warning light came on within a few miles of home. I put 32 litres in to fill it back up and the total distance was 510 miles. It works out at 72.8 mpg. I should say though that the journey up to York took 7 hours to do 260 miles as the M1 was almost one continuous traffic jam. I came back via the A1and M11 which was shorter and quite a lot quicker (4 hours) though I didn't go much above 55/60 mph as the weather was terrible. Car is a 2004 Fabia VRS. On previous trips I have done Surrey to Manchester and back on 1 tank of fuel but the recent York trip is even better. On long runs in Germany (I have done a lot of them) fuel economy is far worse because I tend to go much faster. Looking at the trip doing a steady 60 mph in 6th gear I was getting readings of 95 mpg plus (I only seemed to be touching the accelerator to maintain that speed). 

Guest BigJase88

/\ its not broke

Ppl who get this super fantabulous MPG have too much time on their hands!

My last tank in my 320d i managed 34mpg over 380miles

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I do the fuel trick everytime and get around 52-54 litres in my tank, i go down 3 roads a day, 2 are dual carrage away and a motorway so i always average 70mph, no quicker and i cant get any better than 570miles to a tank averaging about 47mpg, trip says its doing about 68mpg. I have a 2007 vrs le

Filled up a couple of weeks ago brimmed it then drove to Coventry and back, 284miles round trip put 26 litres back in it, using shell not the vpower stuff my fuel has just gone under half a tank marker from the refill and it's on 410miles, I don't do any high miles now due to working closer to home, 50 odd a week if that. Only put k+n filter on car rest is standard.

Still on the same tank of fuel - done 200 odd miles and got 450 mile range left. Average according to trip is 70.4mpg for the tank so far.

• 2 weeks later...

That about right out by about 15 - 20 % Adam.

Best I've got is 680 miles on a tank with venting would have got over 700 mile if I had not spent an hour driving around Cologne looking for the Zoo LOL

Nice to see you've got a SE now

Karl  :thumbup:

PS want to buy your wheels back LOL

Hi guys, my previous (and first) Skoda was Mk1 Fabia Comfort hatch 1.4tdiPD remapped from 75 to 99.9bhp, with venting to fill the expansion space, in summer managed 850 miles before the "ping" and yellow fuel pump warning at which point chickened out and added 5 litres from can! So could have gone further till ran dry...!

Summer brim-full to brim-full was averaging 76.5mpg.

Richard

I remember you telling me 4 years ago that you wanted an SE , later you bought a MK2 and I thought that you'd never get one.

Well if you want them, then same price as you sold them to me LOL

Though seriously if you are interested PM me as I've got two sets, one with fat tyres as you called them and one with skinnies - though knowing you won't keep them Blue and Black you'd end up refurbishing them LOL.

Now becoming fairly rare don't see many about now.

All good things come to and end just don't know what to get next.

Karl