Wax Appeal Detailing Samples Group Buy #1

Sparkly

No issues for me, considering the quality of the products and the ridiculously cheap prices I think you've done us all a favour. 

Thanks for all your efforts Sparkly.  :thumbup:

My thoughts exactly. It's the first time you've done this too, so there's bound to be teething problems. Thanks for putting this on for us.

Well.... getting the post back on topic of a great service and great products from Wax Appeal.  :thumbup:

I'll disqualify myself from the competition anyway.... by putting in a collage picture!  :giggle:

Picture below from a quick detail on SWMBO's car last night....

Tried Mr Pink via diluted wash bucket method, plus a quick blast through my Wash foam lance.

Overall - pretty impressed, certainly provides good lubrication for the wash mitt during the wash process.

It was a hot evening last night but after the panels were cooled with a foam and rinse - car washed really well.

"I love my Wax Appeal Mr Pink Sample Because.... it smells so good it attracts the lovely wildlife!"

831841AB-23CC-46EA-B995-829E160CAD40_zps

• Like 1

Would be a shame if you had to end the p2g way of sending sparkly due to the huge cost difference...a quality service none the less.  Picked mine up no problems with passport as id

2nd collection attempt successful - so now have my samples.  Agree with others about great smelling products, and will hopefully be able to try them out at the weekend.

Thanks for your efforts Sparkly   :thumbup:

Hay fever is getting in the way of me fully appreciating their scent, but the polish smells good enough to eat :)

Thanks to Sparkly for organising this - much appreciated :)

I had no issues making the collection, just took my old paper driving license and my work photo ID. I'm quite happy to stick with that system if it keeps the costs down. Even at £8 SWMBO thought it was too much 'What does the car need shampoo for? It hasn't got any hair'**  was her reaction! Mustn't grumble though, as pending remap & personal plate purchases went through with less complaint :)

**I wondered about pointing out that everyone knows Yetis have lots of hair, but didn't want to push my luck.

• Like 2

No issues for me, considering the quality of the products and the ridiculously cheap prices I think you've done us all a favour. 

Thanks for all your efforts Sparkly.  :thumbup:

Collected mine today with no problems even though the shop was as new to it as i was lol,personally i would prefer the P2G delivery method because of the cost but if royal mail is an easier option for sparkly then i wouldn't blame him,it can't have been easy organising & dealing with all this.

Anyway products look & smell great,up early tomorrow to wash the car before the sun gets on it lol.

Once again a big thanks to Sparkly for all the time & effort involved. :thumbup:

I'm happy with the costs and the service tbh. P2G provide a service which makes sense and is useful, if you know how it works. I think it's just a bit new for all of us.

Sparkly, whatever is easier for you, go for it. It's a great idea and we'll all support.

I'm happy with the costs and the service tbh. P2G provide a service which makes sense and is useful, if you know how it works. I think it's just a bit new for all of us.

Sparkly, whatever is easier for you, go for it. It's a great idea and we'll all support.

+1 :thumbup:

Thanks Sparkly for sorting this out it's much appreciated and probably a lot harder to sort out than any of us thought.

Any way onto my review. I'm not sticking to the comp rules so na na.

I chose the Cherry Glaze.....

Firstly for perspective when it comes to cleaning cars I don't mind spending time doing it but the easier the better.

Method used.......... Cleaned car 2 bucket method. Cleaned the whole car with Autoglym tar remover (to remove any previous wax). Applied Cherry Glaze to the whole car in one go by hand. Had a smoke break. polished Cherry Glaze off by hand.

Approx temp 22 degrees c, Bright sunshine.

Application...............................Very easy on

Removal...................................Very easy off

Residue.....................................None

Plastic/Rubber friendly...............Yes 

Photo's of results.

20140620_171205_zpshzbhqcll.jpg

20140620_171248_zpsye6v3caf.jpg

Thanks again Sparkly.

• Like 1

Due to the lack of opening hours of my collection point, I've still not got mine! :(

Not Sparkly's fault.

Just that some of our shops live in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to running businesses.

Due to the lack of opening hours of my collection point, I've still not got mine! :(

Not Sparkly's fault.

Just that some of our shops live in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to running businesses.

Perhaps you could look on the list of drop off points for a better location for you, and let Sparkly send it there next time?, just a thought. :)

Perhaps you could look on the list of drop off points for a better location for you, and let Sparkly send it there next time?, just a thought. :)

I will do. It means further to drive to collect it, but I'd probably get it with less hassle.

Looking forward to round 2; my wheels need some TLC...

It's not that far...

But I could collect in person from Sparkly and then visit ChrisRS on the way home for him to show me how to use it...

Cleaned car tonight, had a very minor small scratch near the rear door, prob kids getting in the car.

Brought out the cherry glaze for a go and it's almost gone after a very quick polish with it by hand.

Smells awesome while you work too.

Very good for a quick job. As it's an all in one not sure I'd want to do the whole car with it. Something inside says seperate product wins.

But saying that the area I did is super shiny and feels slick. Topped off with Obsession Wax Aurua. Weekend if it's good will do a wing or two!

Going to use my samples for the first time this week. Has anyone used the shampoo in a AB HD Snowfoam lance yet? and how much did you use in the bottom, 1 inch ok?

Did mine last weekend. Used just over half the 100ml bottle (came to about 1/2 inch in the lance bottle) and the foam was fine. Certainly dwelt as long on the car, if not a little longer, than 1 inch of the BH foam I normally use.

I used most of the remainder of the sample instead of my usual Valet Pro Poseidon shampoo.

Car hadn't been done for three weeks (!) and the Mr Pink appeared to have done a slightly better job than the BH foam does. Certainly seemed to do a better job loosening insect roadkill off the front of the car. 

I couldn't say which does a better job between Mr Pink & Poseidon as a shampoo, though, as both do a great job.

I'm just waiting for rain now, as I redid the Sonax BSD afterwards and I miss the beading!

Cant believe I have only just seen this. 

I have subscribed so will know about the future products.  I think it is a really good idea what you are doing and will help a lot of us who know a litle about detailing but not as much as the likes of yourself and ChrisRs. Its a chance to have a go at a few different products and see which ones we like without purchasing the full amount. Oh and a very good price to match.

Keep it up Sparkly I will keep an eye on this thread for updates. 

I don't want to be an ar*e, but I still can't get mine!

The shop that was the collection point is never open (I've tried five times and driven 30 miles in total trying).

I've contacted P2G who haven't got back to me (they are 'checking with the courier').

The online tracking shows that it was in Bromyard for 3 days before being returned to a warehouse (Gloucester, I think).

Who else can I contact about this to try to find where it is?

This is a hell of a faff for a small sample. And not Sparkly's fault.

I definitely won't be using this collection point again in the future...

[it's Yum Yum's in Bromyard for any Herefordians interested in future group buys from Sparkly.]

I don't want to be an ar*e, but I still can't get mine!

The shop that was the collection point is never open (I've tried five times and driven 30 miles in total trying).

I've contacted P2G who haven't got back to me (they are 'checking with the courier').

The online tracking shows that it was in Bromyard for 3 days before being returned to a warehouse (Gloucester, I think).

Who else can I contact about this to try to find where it is?

This is a hell of a faff for a small sample. And not Sparkly's fault.

I definitely won't be using this collection point again in the future...

[it's Yum Yum's in Bromyard for any Herefordians interested in future group buys from Sparkly.]

I'm on it, will let you know tomorrow mate.

I have held back a couple of spares in case I just have to resend to anyone having issues.

I appreciate this hasn't worked out for everyone and I will continue to try and sort those of you with issues out.

• Like 1