bluetooth

Hi everyone I've just brought a 2011 octavia VRS tdi what a lovely car to drive can't believe how quick they are but yet don't feel it at all........

my question is how easy is it to add bluetooth to the existing system it has the phone button on the touch screen unit is it mfd system???? but only seems to mute it the radio usong both buttons on radio unit and steering wheel

Thanks

I'll let you know if it is easy after I fit my Bluetooth tomorrow!

Assuming you have columbus and maxidot, you will need a Bluetooth module and wiring harness.  For example, search for a 3C8035730D -should be able to get the module and harness for under £200

Then it just needs to be wired in, and activated using vcds.

I take it the vcds coding has to be done by main dealer???

So I'm guessing the unit is located under the seat if it's there...... um I'm guessing i do have comlumbus and maxidot its 2011 model has the screen that tells me doors are open etc I'm not 100% sure on the make

Yep, looks like you have columbus and maxidot.

As far as I know (bearing in mind that I have only had my vRS for a couple of weeks!):

If the phone button mutes the radio, then you don;t have the bluetooth module fitted

The module, if present, will be under the drivers seat

There 'may' be cabling in place (mine doesn't have the cabling)

You may be able to make use of the built in voice control microphone

I have read some other posts, and got some answers from fellow briskodians, and it seems that most people prefer to retrofit the module behind the columbus rather than having to pull the carpet up.  Weather permitting, I will be giving it a go tomorrow!

Brilliant that's sound good if I've got that unit will triple check......

mine hasn't arrived yet hopefully Wednesday. ...

that's correct if I press either phone buttons it only mutes. I had a quick look under the seat I didn't see a unit but I did see a loom but think was for airbags..... so there's enough room behind the unit to fit it.....

that's be great if you could let me know who you get on and how easy it was to fit

Thanks kelby

I take it the vcds coding has to be done by main dealer???

You *could* have it done by a main dealer, but expect to part with £££££££££ for them to do it.

VCDS is a piece of software that allows, amongst other things, non-dealers to tweak things with the car. Quite a few people on here have it. Most of the time you can get stuff done fora few beer tokens. Have a look on this map for your nearest VCDS owner, send them a PM of what you want done, and see what they say......

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209732397261666218585.0004c66cecde3f435ecb4&msa=0&dg=feature

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/271473907930

You *could* have it done by a main dealer, but expect to part with £££££££££ for them to do it.

VCDS is a piece of software that allows, amongst other things, non-dealers to tweak things with the car. Quite a few people on here have it. Most of the time you can get stuff done fora few beer tokens. Have a look on this map for your nearest VCDS owner, send them a PM of what you want done, and see what they say......

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209732397261666218585.0004c66cecde3f435ecb4&msa=0&dg=feature

thanks mate that's really helpfully and I would be more than happy to do that thanks

I take it this is the correct unit i need

It is yes but can be had cheaper if you source the module on ebay (search the part number) and the loom from www.carsystems.pl.

If I were you I would wait for the car to arrive and check it doesnt already have a loom where someone has removed the module for another car. Would be obvious if you look under the seat and find an empty connector. And also a result as the module is then just plugged in and you could probably press the dealer for it..

I've got a bury handsfree in mine and am thinking of fitting a OEM blutooth. I've got a Columbus with satnav etc but as the car is 2010 I don't think it has maxidot, it's on the older OBC.

Can you fit OEM blutooth without a Multi function steering wheel?

You can. It needs to be a unit that allows pairing at the phone end. 7p6 or 5k0 d or above units should do it. 2010 uses the newer bap protocol but without maxidot you can't manage the pairing with the premium units.

• Like 1

It is yes but can be had cheaper if you source the module on ebay (search the part number) and the loom from www.carsystems.pl.

If I were you I would wait for the car to arrive and check it doesnt already have a loom where someone has removed the module for another car. Would be obvious if you look under the seat and find an empty connector. And also a result as the module is then just plugged in and you could probably press the dealer for it..

brilliant thanks mate... yeah i shall give it a good check when i get her make sure it's not already fitted.... did you manage to get yiurs fitted already

Yes a long while ago. In my case I had to fit a special box to the gateway to allow the bt module to talk to my older pre FL maxidot...

• Like 1

If you don't fancy doing it yourself there are companies that will do it for you.

I used http://hazzydayz.com/ and they fitted it behind the stereo and ran the mic cables. It's obviously more expensive than doing it yourself but they did mine on a Saturday morning whilst I waited. Dead quick and easy....

So just quick update i have now got my car finally...... its not a comlumbus system I have is bolero unit does that make any difference to the unit i need to buy I'm guess it's just the same one??

well ive ordered the unit i need from eBay with mic wiring etc so hopefully be easy to fit..... just need to find some one with vcds coding in my area Bournemouth.... ive looked on the map supplied above there is a few around