DSR (Driver Steering Recommendation)

muddyboots

Hi all

Was reading a bit more of the Yeti manual the other day, and noticed that it has DSR - Driver Steering Recommendation.

Has anyone ever noticed this in action ?

I'm guessing probably not, as I assume you need to be getting pretty out of shape before it does anything.

Just intrigued as to what it feels like....

It's part of the overall ESP system I believe, but from what I've read DSR nudges the steering a bit in the right direction, to give the driver some clue what to do when it's all going pear-shaped.

As opposed to ESP itself which brakes individual wheels, reduces engine torque etc to try and straighten you up in a skid.

• Like 1

Just need a wet roundabout :)

No matter how hard I try the black beast stayed firmly attached to the road without even a chirp from the wheels. Without being absolutely reckless I think I will always back out before the car loses grip.

No matter how hard I try the black beast stayed firmly attached to the road without even a chirp from the wheels. Without being absolutely reckless I think I will always back out before the car loses grip.

Actually yes it would be hard to deliberately understeer a 4wd on a wet roundabout. Should be do-able on a 2wd if you were so inclined though, to see if the DSR does anything!

Just wonder how obvious it is when it happens.

Seeing as freedie's response was so descriptive, I didn't see the issue.

Try the edited video link now. Then again, if you're not interested in seeing how DSR performs, don't click it.....

Used to have an apartment in Moray Place. In the wet you can have all 4 wheels spinning at about 15 miles per hour if you aren't careful. Nip along there next time it rains. If you spin off can you make sure you take one of the parking nazis with you? :-)

And was this DSR part of the pre FL Yeti spec too? Since I have also never felt this in action (thankfully).

• 4 weeks later...

Can't say I've noticed this, despite having a Yeti properly out of shape a few times.

Is it a more recent addition?

Edit: ah, maybe it's a FL thing.

Mine would be working a fair bit...

Hi Guys,

As I've previously stated Mates have reminded me of my early Rallying days, where I owned 1/2 share in a Mini Cooper S (1310cc)

"it's  a brick on Rails" Circa late 1970's.

Only my "Snowman" is a lot more confortable.

Edited by Gobmax

Can't say I've noticed this, despite having a Yeti properly out of shape a few times.

Is it a more recent addition?

Edit: ah, maybe it's a FL thing.

Mine would be working a fair bit...

It's described in the manual of my pre-FL 2011 model.