Fabia mk1 1.8T RWD

benjen

needs must even when it rained i could sit in the house and work on the wiring or something else. Thinking of parting with the motor bike to fund a LSD and trying too source some 4 pots that fit under my 16's. The Yeti was very impressive on Sunday 

Cheers, upgraded brakes and an LSD would make this a serious track day weapon IMO.

Don't need silly power because it's light.

I bet it's 150kg or so lighter than my "lightened" Yeti already.

I've calculated it weighs in at around 1200kg (estimate) but no A/C no ABS everything is manual and the battery in the spare wheel well helps keep the weight down and some towards the rear end.

I will be aiming for more power soon but will need to go forged on the bottom end, stronger clutch, a gt28 or gt30 of course a LSD.

as i wasnt at the national meet, what was the teething problem you had?

unfortunately when i originally blew the boost pipe off it have teared the samco hose and was never going to hold ago, new hose on order problem solved  :thumbup:   

• Like 1

I've calculated it weighs in at around 1200kg (estimate) but no A/C no ABS everything is manual and the battery in the spare wheel well helps keep the weight down and some towards the rear end.

I will be aiming for more power soon but will need to go forged on the bottom end, stronger clutch, a gt28 or gt30 of course a LSD.

OK, around 220kg lighter then... :D

No wonder it was so brisk!

1779123_648041078589059_94416339_n_zps47

the beauty of no garage and a cold night in January, wiring the headlights in took some time, lots of tea and more time because octy lights are completely different to fabia ones 

• Like 1

Bloody well done on that little project mate.. It may have been easier to keep the fabia car loom and splice the octy engine loom in tho. Dash is all taken care of via can so will work as long as it has the can connected bet its lighter than you think too my tdi rally car is 1150kg with a cage in it

• Like 1

Bloody well done on that little project mate.. It may have been easier to keep the fabia car loom and splice the octy engine loom in tho. Dash is all taken care of via can so will work as long as it has the can connected bet its lighter than you think too my tdi rally car is 1150kg with a cage in it

yeah a few people did say it may have been easier, i just looked at is as the octy worked fine and i didn't have the confidence or the experience to splice the loom in etc. The electrical side has been a massive learning curve so maybe next time i will take the quicker route lol hhhmmmm that is interesting to know i will see about getting it weighted just for the sake of it   

• Like 1

Are you using all standard tanks? Also you using an inter cooler!

yeah standard header tank from the 1.4 just gave it a clean, cooler is 350mmx 550mm x 63mm if i remember rightly. Power steering pot is the one off the octy and mounted under the driver side chassis leg behind the bumper. Not for scene points but due to lack of bloomin' space. I binned the standard electrical power steering pump because i wanted the hole it left for my cooler pipework. I also binned my ABS and A/C 

yeah standard header tank from the 1.4 just gave it a clean, cooler is 350mmx 550mm x 63mm if i remember rightly. Power steering pot is the one off the octy and mounted under the driver side chassis leg behind the bumper. Not for scene points but due to lack of bloomin' space. I binned the standard electrical power steering pump because i wanted the hole it left for my cooler pipework. I also binned my ABS and A/C

I'm thinking of welding up some custom alloy tanks and building my own charge cooler but I'll see!

I'm thinking of welding up some custom alloy tanks and building my own charge cooler but I'll see!

would look trick. i just used what i could to get it going, had enough welding to do with the exhaust and cooler pipework plus all the other bits that needed doing along the way. Try not to be lazy like me and hardly have any pictures of what work has gone into it lol 

would look trick. i just used what i could to get it going, had enough welding to do with the exhaust and cooler pipework plus all the other bits that needed doing along the way. Try not to be lazy like me and hardly have any pictures of what work has gone into it lol

By trade I'm a heating engineer technically but my job is to remove oil tanks, de fumigate, pressure test, repair leaks by welding and then spray them and refit, I also often end up welding new oil tanks and creating them! As well as creating my own brackets then load into the back of the van and re fit them!

By trade I'm a heating engineer technically but my job is to remove oil tanks, de fumigate, pressure test, repair leaks by welding and then spray them and refit, I also often end up welding new oil tanks and creating them! As well as creating my own brackets then load into the back of the van and re fit them!

yeah i'm a mechanical engineer so most things mechanical have been a doodle  ;)

• Like 2

Different engine on yours originally but is there a cap that covers the Alternator wire?

is on the 20v but can't remember on the old engine, i didn't even look at it just removed it and scraped it

I've got it now just me being a muppet! Trying to preserve the fried loom to see what Taylor93 makes of it!

its a friday afternoon its aloud, i'm sure he can sort it ;)

• Like 1